- Get free shipping on this item when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying Items offered by VMInnovations. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Dahon Boardwalk Folding Bike, Obsidian
|Price:||$242.00 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- One-speed urban utility bike with frame that folds in less than 15 seconds
- Folds to 12.1 by 30.4 by 25.4 inches; weighs 27.3 pounds
- Magnetix latch system holds the bike together when folded
- Adjustable stem adapts to riders of all sizes from under five feet to over six feet tall
- Dahon Neos rear derailleur offers crisp, fast shifting and a low profile design
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The Boardwalk's classic looks have made it one of the best-selling folding bikes of all time. It folds in under 15 seconds to a wonderfully small size and delivers excellent quality at a moderate price. It is the perfect starter for riders new to the wonderful world of folding bikes. Fast and convenient and perfect for quick errands around town, a jaunt to the nearest café, or a leisurely ride in the park. The emphasis is on comfort and convenience. Dahon Urban Utility bikes fold fast and fold small, perfect if you live in an apartment or commute to work. Customers can mail in their warranty registration card to: please refer to www.dahonbikes.com.
The Dahon Boardwalk is a fast-folding, urban utility bike with one speed--perfect for quick jaunts around town and commuting. Boasting classic looks and high-quality construction at a reasonable price-point, the Boardwalk is one of the most popular in Dahon's line-up. The frame folds up in under 15 seconds down to a wonderfully small size with a Magnetix latch system to hold it securely together. With an adjustable stem and seat post, the Boardwalk can be customized to fit riders from under five feet to over six feet tall.
The Dahon Boardwalk folds down into a compact and easy-to-store unit.
- Speeds: One
- Frame: H Series, SuperLite 4130 chromoly, forged Lattice hinge, patented ViseGrip, WrapAround technology, forged drop outs
- Fork: Integrated, patented Fusion technology
- Handlepost: Radius V Telescope, adjustable, patented Fusion and V-Clamp technologies, forged aluminum
- Handlebar: 6061-T6 aluminum, flat bar
- Headset: Dahon Fusion+, zero stack, cartridge bearings
- Grip/Bars Tape: BioLogic Ergo, single density or Herrman's (EU)
- Saddle: BioLogic Como or Selle Royale Alpine Gel (EU)
- Seatpost: Super Oversized, Micro Adjust, aluminum
- Seat Clamp: Dahon Covert, high leverage design
- Front and Rear Brakes: ProMax V, aluminum, linear spring
- Brake Levers: ProMax V, aluminum bracket/aluminum lever
- Brake Cable and Housing: SIS, pearl silver housing, Slick cables
- Front Hub: Dahon Mini, aluminum, sealed
- Rear Hub: Formula, cassette, aluminum, sealed
- Spokes: 18/8 stainless steel, brass nipples or Sapim Leader, stainless steel (EU)
- Rims: Aluminum, ground sidewalls, anodized
- Tires: Dahon Rotolo, 20 by 1.75-inch, high pressure 65 psi, coffee skinwall or Schwalbe Citizen (EU)
- Shifter(s): SRAM MRX Comp, SRS technology, RapidRise
- Rear Derailleur: Dahon Neos, RapidRise
- Crankset: Cold-forged 6061-T6 aluminum crank arms, hand-polished, double chainguard
- Cassette/Freewheel: 1 speed, 11-30T
- Bottom Bracket: CH, chromoly axle
- Chain: KMC Z50, Narrow, Noiseless function
- Pedals: Suntour folding, non-slip
- Cable and Housing: SIS-SP, Dupont L3 lubricant, pearl silver
- Kickstand: Aluminum, Dacromet bolt
- Clip System: Magnetix system
- Luggage Bracket: Frame integrated, Luggage Socket
- Accessory: Trouser strap
- Wheel Reflectors: Yes
- Front snf Rear Reflectors: Yes
Size and Fit Specifications:
- Folded Dimensions: 12.1 by 30.4 by 25.4 inches/31 by 78 by 65 centimeters
- Gear Inches: 22 to 95
- Seatpost to Handlebar Distance--Minimum: 620 millimeters/24.2 inches
- Seatpost to Handlebar Distance--Maximum: 655 millimeters/25.5 inches
- Saddle to Pedal Distance--Minimum: 680 millimeters/26.5 inches
- Saddle to Pedal Distance--Maximum: 950 millimeters/37 inches
- Weight: 27.3 pounds/12.3 kilograms
- Suggested Rider Height: 56 to 76 inches/142 to 193 centimeters
- Maximum Rider Weight: 230 pounds/105 kilograms
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Legal Disclaimersold in as is condition , used but no issues , great deal !
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
When i received the box, I already felt good. There was only one minor damage on the box, a few small tears. When i opened it, i noticed how well the bike was packed. Good plastic protectors, good protective cover sheet for the painted parts, Everything was so well protected that it endured the long and sometimes rough shipping.
One pedal came attached, and the other one came in a plastic bag. You can screw the one on to the bike, and tighten the nut. Owner's manual is kind of generic so some instruction does not apply to your bike, but it's easy enough to figure out. The bike came with one elastic band with metal hook on both ends to put the folded bike together, and one velcro band to maybe hold the tires together. There is no magnetic part on the bike to hold the folded bike together like the description says. It's nice to have, but it's ok for me since folded bike is pretty stable and compact.
At first, the seat post didn't go in all the way because 5" or so protective plastic tube was inserted at the bottom. i'm a female novice biker with no help around, and this insert was tightly fit it didn't budge at all (i thought this was a true part of the bike), but this insertion prevented the seat post to go down enough for me to even mount on the bike, so i figured it had to be pushed/pulled out. I just kept pushing the seat post down hard, and finally the insert came out and seat post went all the way down. i think you can pull off this insert from the bottom using whatever tool you have. I just pushed it down because i didn't want to damage the insert just in case.
After this, all you need to do is to put air in the tires. (I purchased a portable bike pump for this purpose, but since it does not have a gauge, and i don't know how much to put in, i will purchase a real pump with gauge.) I tested the bike a little bit, noticed that it has a coaster brake (product description did not mention this). Since there is only one hand brake (for the front tire), this is a good addition (even though you cannot turn the pedal freely before you start moving, it's easy to get used to.)
I have not ridden a bike in 20 yrs or so since i was a kid, so i was a bit shaky at first. When the tires are this small, you may feel unstable, but amazingly, i got used to it quite fast, and small tires actually work better in tight space just like BMX bikes. And 1 speed seems powerful enough for flat street. Hand brake was perfectly adjusted, i was able to stop comfortably with hand and coaster brakes together.
I will test it for a longer distance and will update this review, but all in all, i have a great impression, this is probably a perfect folding bike for the beginning or casual rider. For $100 more, you can get Dahon speed uno, which looks so much cooler and i'm sure better quality, but i picked boardwalk since it comes with a rear rack and fenders. If you're a casual rider with no intense usage, i think Boardwalk would be your great first folding bike.
It is a little heavy to carry on to other forms of public transportation, but with a carrying bag/case it would be manageable. The bike rides like a dream and is rather quick when considering the rider. It is in no way slow as listed by some reviewers. Of course it could not handle the top speeds of geared bicycles, but it could out accelerate many. It is smooth quiet and easy to handle. I love this bicycle and highly recommend it.
The only reason for a 4 out of 5 star is the price (a little high but fair) and country of origin. I have nothing against the Chinese! I say this because I am frustrated with the low quality materials constantly flooding the global market, and China is known for this. The products may be cheaper, but constantly need to be replaced. However, with that said, the bike does seem to be of a higher quality than typical, so for that I may corrected.
I've never had this significant of a problem buying a bicycle before.
UPDATE: the clamp was loose in the box, must have fallen off during shipping? Was still missing a necessary nut, but I was able to find a compatible nut and washer from a local hardware store. I've increased my rating to 3 stars because it's solid and handles well, but Dahon really needs to improve both factory QC and how they ship these bikes...parts should not be falling off during shipping.
Most recent customer reviews
Dahon has extremely firm proprietary control over their bikes. You would think you'd be able to buy a basic part part like a rim only a few years after buying...Read more