Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning kidsevergreen kidsevergreen kidsevergreen  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 27 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 31 reviews
on April 28, 2016
My 12 year old home schooler loves this book! This is her favorite subject of the day. She does a week's worth per day (one worksheet). She can work independently as the answers are on a separate page. The questions are easy to follow, yet she is learning so much.
on January 30, 2017
I have used Daily Geography Practice with my daughter since Kindergarten level and we are just about to start the 6th grade book. We have thoroughly enjoyed this curriculum. Each week you learn about a certain map, then you have 5 days worth of questions about the map. It is normally 2 questions per day. We tend to do half the questions one day and half later in the week. If it is a subject she already knows well, we may do all the questions in one day. It is laid out very well and the maps cover a large variety of subjects, from water ways, road maps and city maps, to hemispheres, projection maps and mountain ranges. The answers are included for each lesson, but they are on the same pages as the lessons. In all, the book has 36 weeks worth of lessons.
on April 1, 2010
I bought this book to use in my 6th grade classroom in a middle school setting. For years I had been using a program called "Daily Oral Geography" and wanted to try something different. Overall, I like the material, but much of it is too easy for my students. There is not much opportunity for them to use the classroom atlases, which is a big plus with the other program. I plan to use this as a supplement to the "DOG" program I have been using. I don't really see it as a stand alone for regular geography lessons. I do like the alignment with the National Geography Standards and the use of National Geographic's 5 Themes of Geography.
on March 8, 2011
I am homeschooling my two, seventh grade daughters. I have been looking for a really informative yet fun geography workbook all year and finally found it! In the first 10 weeks alone, they have learned about all the different kinds of maps, how to chart coordinates, as well as beginning to identify major countries, cities and oceans. The book is set up with only two questions per day, but we do a weeks worth of questions every day. It only takes about twenty minutes and both girls have declared it "fun.". The only thing i would change is the answers are in plain sight and my girls have to purposely avoid looking at the answer key in order to not cheat. The answer key needs to be moved to the back to be more helpful. I think this book is a great resource for 6,7 & 8th grade students who want to firm up their knowledge of world geography before moving on to high school level material.
on December 28, 2013
I love this for enrichment purposes for my 6th and 7th grade students, who as a whole perform lower than the average. It gets them to think and practice basic map skills. They're just enough of a challenge for them that they stick with it and don't just throw it on the floor and quit. Great resource and money well spent on my part! I will use this for years to come!
on October 12, 2013
I ordered this for my son, who is in 6th grade. We home school, and this looked like a great book. Well, it is! I love how each chapter is arranged into five days, with only a question or two per day. Extremely doable, and well laid out!
on January 30, 2014
I purchased this book for grandchildren and it really helped them a lot. I would recommend this book to all.
on April 1, 2013
I actually ordered these for my sister – an intervention specialist with a background in social studies. I can't speak much to the quality, since it's outside of my area of expertise and I haven't even used the product. However, she said, "Give it a five-star review. It's a great resource for the classroom."
on January 6, 2014
I also have the books for grades 3 and 4. Was hoping that there would be more weekly lessons on other parts of the world...very little coverage for Europe, which seemed surprising. Would also like to see more historical maps.
on May 23, 2016
Exactly as described.Educational.Worth it to spend money on this workbook. It has the vocab,...readability level 12years -15 years.