Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Assassins Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 25 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 29 reviews
on November 4, 2013
My son is using this to slowly brush up on his grammar. It's good review but don't expect it to explain anything. It will show you where you need more study. Simple answers are all you will get in this book. We purchased 2 grammar books to explain the concepts we don't understand. Also, be sure you buy this version and not the student book if you want answers.
on August 18, 2016
Highly recommended as a daily grammar review. The book has 180 lessons - the are quick and easy. I bought them for my 15 year old home school student to supplement his Language Arts program. He loves doing the exercise, they are short and quick reviews that keep him tuned up. It is easy and takes only 5 minutes. Any student either home schooled or publicly educated can benefit from this. The main thing - he LOVES doing these.
on November 3, 2010
I teach Sophomore English (English II) to average students who say they want to go to college and need much catching up.

These daily grams currently serve as my daily warm ups; however, after day 9 I had to stop and teach a few topics more in depth (parts of speech, phrases vs. clauses; types of phrases; types of clauses). I will soon resume the Daily Grams after a 4 week digression (I also teach literature and composition in the same class) and believe students' learning will be more fruitful. That remains to be seen, of course. What I have liked so far about this Daily Grams approach is that I can review/scaffold/teach old and new material in a structured way, packing much information in less time (my school cut instructional time in core subjects by approximately 120 minutes on MWF classes and 90 minutes on T/TH classes.) Additionally, as many good teachers know, having a focus at the beginning of class is very organizing/calming for both teacher and students. Sets a great tone for learning.
on March 4, 2017
While the text is a bit dated, it still provides a challenging intro into grammar and language conventions for students of all ages.
on November 28, 2015
I use this in addition to the Easy Grammar English curriculum. It gives GREAT practice on nouns, adjectives, verbs, direct objects, prepositional phrases, punctuation, capitalization, punctuation, sentence writing, alphabetizing... and MORE! Before I used this curriculum, I couldn't tell a direct object from an indirect object - I was grammatically a DUNCE! This curriculum does a superior job of turning grammatically illiterate children AND adults into adept, well-functioning "grammaticians". Well worth the price! Check out all of Wanda C. Phillips EASY GRAMMAR products!
on December 7, 2012
Perfect if child has a solid grammar background. Easy for daily maintenance and review. Wish the book had an answer key for quick scoring.
on September 15, 2013
I like the way this book teaches that once you know your prepositions and delete the prepositional phrase(s), you can easily label what each word is in a sentence. Awesome concept that makes understanding sentence structure a piece of cake.
on December 17, 2013
This unique approach to grammar makes sense of English sentence structure, and is student- and teacher-friendly. I would purchase this curriculum again, and for my children and grandchildren.
on July 16, 2016
The book I ordered was exactly as described. It was priced right, and shipped quickly.
on September 17, 2016
These are a must have for are learning levels. Perfect for warm-ups.