Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning _fab _fab _fab  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 24 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 29 reviews
on June 20, 2014
This book is the perfect example of why you should look at the dimensions of things before you order them. It is a smaller book, with quotes from the 'ACTUAL' work by Sean Covey, referencing the page number of the original book. It was a great middle-school graduation gift for my son, but it only has a few lines for each entry. So make sure this is what you are looking for before you order it. :)
on September 22, 2016
I use this book to prompt my students in journaling. We are a Leader in Me School, but it's a challenge for middle school kids at times. So many changes... I love how the reflections cite the page from the 7 Habits book the specific reflection comes from. I will often include this so students can read the entire section if in need of a refresher.

It really has provided some deep thinking and personal reflecting. Not just for my students, but for me too!
on February 21, 2013
This is a great book for teens that get tired of their parents constantly telling them what to do, after all, what teenager doesn't already know everything? lol My son is a 15 year old athlete, and at this point, think I'm a bit dated in my beliefs but if someone else tells him the exact thing his mom tells him, he then becomes a believer, lol. This book validates my philosophies and reinforce why I ask my son to do certain things. He says the book is common sense but he does read it and is engaged.

Parents now have back up! Most of our thoughts are published in print in this book and there is some truth to what we say.
on March 10, 2014
He enjoyed the humor and the simple ideas that seemed to give him knew resources for finding his center and being a happy person. He now uses it like a reference book. Good cartoons too. I think Covey should put out a just a cartoons book for the same age group. Thanks Sean Covey!
on November 9, 2016
I found this book to be as the title states Reflective and informative, with great 'common sense' life instances included, however it is, as many other books of this nature, only as good as, and will help as much as a 'Parachute' that only works when it's opened! One has to believe and implement what one reads!
on January 14, 2013
I bought this book for my son which I wasn't sure he would want to read it. But I must say, it is next to his bed and he gets up in morning and before school, he reads his "thought for the day". He loves it and I love that he loves it! Great book!
on December 7, 2012
Teaching my students to live a highly effective life. I absolutely love this book. I already sat through the 7 habits signature training for my school. This book is so helpful for the teens in my program.
on September 14, 2014
This book is a companion to the actual book for teens. Each day there is a sentence or two that helps to solidify the habit for the day. The page where the description of the habit can be found in the actual book is also referenced on each page. It's a good way to either remind yourself of the habits or have very concrete ways to reflect on them daily.
on May 1, 2011
this is a great book! i use it to write inspirational quotes for teens on my marker board outside my office. great purchase! filled with common and not so common wisdom to serve youth well
on July 8, 2011
This is okay. I was looking for positive affirmations, and this is not that. It's more of a new thought a day, which is okay, but not what I had in mind.