BCA Month Beauty Ali: A Life Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now PSFF17_gno

on February 2, 2017
Not that good on the kindle -- music too small to read, even in the largest font. The titles are enlarged but not the music.
on September 8, 2016
This is really just an old timey song book with some ukulele chords above the sheet music.There is really no clear indication as to how the ukulele is to be played in the songs. No notation in the sheet music for upstroke, down stroke, vibrato, anything. I think the most modern music in here was written by the Beatles. So if you want a song book with some ukulele accompaniment hints then you may like this. If you want to learn about playing the ukulele then You tube has much better ukulele instruction.
on September 19, 2017
If you only buy one ukulele book, get this one. The Yellow Book is how I learned. The song choices are excellent and a good survey of some of our most popular western music. All classics. I used to sit with this book for hours and play and not know where the time went. We use this and the Blue Book at many ukulele events.

Play though this, and even take some time to learn songs that you don't know as well. Your playing with improve. You'll get a great chord vocabulary under your belt. You'll also get an understanding of how sheet music is presented. It's great having the actual notes and bars.

Hiding in the back of the book, under "children's songs" are some excellent tunes, including rainbow connection and You've got a friend in me.

I have this one on kindle. While there are some drawbacks to the formatting, it works for me. Two page songs are more difficult to get to and it will not scale well on PC. It's tricky to scale. That's more a fault in the kindle software than the book.
on January 5, 2017
I love this book and I wish that I had bought it as soon as I purchased my uke. Unfortunately, for the first month or so, I was struggling to find songs I liked in chords I could play in a key in my singing range that had decent arrangements that were posted online. It would have been so much easier and better if I had known about this book right away.
Best book out there for beginners who know a few tunes from life. This has everything from songs from the 20s to Beatles and Beyond. Really great collection. All chords are shown at the top of the page so you know what you're getting into. SO MUCH FUN!!! Love.
on August 30, 2015
All players should buy this book! I play multiple instruments and this book has great arrangements and songs that everyone is familiar with! Many similar books leave out important chords that make the song richer. I've found only a handful of chords that I would personally add to the arrangements in this book and they are simply personal preference. The notation is perfect to follow for violin and mandolin, aside from playing the Ukulele. My family is loving playing along with these songs. You won't be sorry if you purchase this book. www.drmarymusic.com will prove that I'm a living breathing musician and not a paid person to write a good review. :0)
on August 3, 2017
Excellent collection of songs. Some very easy with two cords and others with varying degrees of difficulty. Some are from my grandfathers day and I remember him singing them. others are more contemporary . Neil Diamond and John Lennon are two of my favorites. I like that the finger location for all the cords of the song are at the top. I scroll through and find those I know and learn more everyday.
on December 3, 2016
There are a lot of good songs in this book: Popular (Beatles, Everly Brothers, Joni Mitchell...), Christmas Carols, Children's Songs, Patriotic, Show Tunes, Folk, Hawaiian...etc...This would be a great book for school teachers to have on hand. Also good for the "sitting around a campfire" group. I wish the chord diagrams were a little larger. I have trouble seeing them without stopping and getting a closer look. If you already play guitar, the transition to Baritone Ukulele should be fairly easy... the chords are "partial" chords (top 4 strings) from the traditional 6 string configurations.
on November 3, 2013
When I bought this, I wasn't sure what a fakebook is, but a fakebook is a collection of musical sheets where each song only has the melody line, basic chords, and lyrics. - the least amount information needed by the player to "fake it."

This book features a wide variety of songs in an easy to read format. Only detraction is that the strumming pattern is not noted. A good book for beginners and more experienced ukulele players - there is a good mix of easy songs and harder songs, so no ukulele player will feel like this book has nothing appropriately challenging for them.
I am a new ukulele player. I received a ukulele from my son for Mother's Day. Here it is just 2 months later, and I am really enjoying it. I had no experience with this instrument prior to receiving this gift. I am able to play a number of songs from this book. Yes, there are songs for intermediate players also, so those will be my challenge to learn. This book will last me a long time, if I try to play and learn every song in it. Which I intend to do. There is a big variety of music types that make it suitable for a Ukulele Club too. If you play the guitar, this book is for you also. My son plays both the guitar and ukulele and uses this book for both instruments. This book will allow me to play a variety of songs, so when I play for other people it will be a lot of fun.

I really love the spiral binding and the book lays flat. The songs are all on the same page, so there is no turning of pages when you are playing a song. I love the chord boxes at the top of each song which clearly shows how to play the chord on the ukulele. If I am unfamiliar with a particular song, I go to YouTube and look it up. Someone is either singing or playing that song. Then I go back to the book and I can usually play the song.

But what was even more valuable for me was the Introduction pages. There is one page in particular which shows 3 ways to play a Bb chord, which is usually very difficult for beginners, including me. This opened up my world and makes it possible for me to play more songs than I thought possible. Also, there is a tip on playing the G chord and being able to change to other chords effortlessly that are not in other books. There are more tips, but these two tips have helped me accelerate my playing to a new level.

I also purchased the Leap Year book and I am looking forward to getting it. If the author writes another book, I will buy it too. I recommend using these two books, which will give you over 700 songs. Its cheaper than printing these songs off the internet (if you can find them).