Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning LastTycoon LastTycoon LastTycoon  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 77 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 85 reviews
on March 31, 2013
I bought this book primarily for the dairy-free recipes. I don't have a problem with gluten but do appreciate the fact that the author gives so many gluten-free recipes, including an easy, gluten-free flour mix which I am sure I will use. The flour is needed for some of the recipes that are given. Recipes include breakfast items: buckwheat pancakes, potato pancakes, and french toast. There is another section on appetizers, one on salads and dressings, one on soups (just ONE of my favorites!), one with fish & shellfish, another on poultry & meat, and one on vegetarian & companion dishes, mostly packed with delicious vegetables.

For the bread lovers among us, there are yeasted & quick breads, breadsticks, biscuits, cornbread, muffins, scones, and other yummy sounding recipes. An additional feature of this book that I really like is the little boxes at the top of each recipe that show foods the recipe DOESN'T use to help those who have problems with particular foods. Examples would be soy, eggs, nut, sugar, or oil.

I can't forget dessert, for which the author gives delicious-sounding recipes including fruits, tarts, puddings, cake, ice cream, cheesecake, etc. She calls this section "Sweet Endings."

I absolutely love the last section, which is on basics: recipes range from gluten-free flour mix, to dairy milk alternatives, yogurt, cheese, chicken stock, vegetable stock, recipes for tomatoes, beans, whole grain cooking, roasted & grilled vegetables & fruits, toast, bread crumbs, and recipes using nuts, as well as date & orange syrup. I haven't covered all the book's strengths, but this inexpensive cookbook is well worth its price. I highly recommend it.
on March 11, 2016
I purchased this as a gift for a friend who has celiac's disease, is lactose intolerance, AND is deathly allergic to nuts. She's made several recipes that have all turned out deliciously. She also loves how each recipe has a legend of what allergies it contains. Great buy for people who have multiple food allergies.
on February 12, 2014
I've made several recipes from this book three mushroom bisque, mushroom pizza, chicken and mushroom, beef/turkey stroganoff, mushroom sauce, portobello rissotto, and a few more and they are delicious! I will admit the ingredients can get pricey BUT gluten free cooking is not as cheap as non gluten free cooking so I think the price difference is more of the consequence of the diet itself not the authors recipes. My dietician took a look at my meal plans that rely heavily on this book and said it was a very good naked gluten free diet which is much better on the body and budget than the highly processed gluten free processed/pre-packaged goods. My 4 year olds love this and I've even made some recipes for family visiting who are not on gluten free diets and they loved it. It's a big hit in my household!
on March 30, 2016
I avoid dairy and have a few family members that have gone gluten free, so this cookbook has been invaluable. The recipes are straightforward and delicious. Love the Mahi Mahi with sundried tomato cream and the Rustic heirloom pesto pizza. Real crowd pleasers!
on April 14, 2013
I really enjoy this book. I know that previous reviews show that it is for "big meals" but, really it isn't. it is great if you want to know all the options and even tells you how to make substitutes yourself! So great when you move and don't know where to go for the things that you used to know where to find! If you struggle with Lactose Intolerance and eating bland food all the time I highly suggest that you try this. Being lactose intolerant you can get stuck in a very boring diet of always eating the things that you know that will not hurt you. This helps you to eat a good version of all the normal foods people enjoy. (I am very lactose intolerant. I have only found one pill that works and that is the Milk Digestant from the big Nutrition Center). Good luck in your search!
on August 4, 2013
It's hard to find food sometimes when you're gluten and dairy denied. This book doesn't make you feel denied anything. I haven't eaten non-dairy cheese at this point, and may not choose to. I just don't use it. Nothing too hard or hard to find. A great addition to your cookbooks if trying to figure out the GF/DF situation. Recommended.
on April 17, 2013
Enjoying the dairy free & gluten free kitchen. Some of the recipes are a little time comsuming, but they are delicious. Overall, great stuff. You can substitute some "ready made" products for the flour blend, almond milk blend, etc that are in the cookbook and save yourself some time. If you are in an area like I am, that does not have great grocery stores nearby, you may have to do a little online shopping to get some of the ingredients.
on June 26, 2015
Great recipes, very helpful for a dairy free and gluten free lifestyle. I just wish there were more pictures.
on January 17, 2013
This cookbook has some awesome recipes. I have been diagnosed with celiac disease for 5 years and have had tree nut allergies for the same amount of time. Recently, I was also diagnosed with Dairy, Soy and Peanut allergies. I was desperate for cookbooks to help me deal with my new restrictions. This one has been great. There are a ton of recipes I can't wait to try!
on September 24, 2016
Uses a lot of ingredients I don't use in my kitchen.