Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Digital Albums PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 166 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 186 reviews
on May 20, 2015
Dallas Season 1 (The Reboot/Sequel/Continuation) has exceeded all of my expectations. I grew up watching the original Dallas on CBS every Friday. I tuned in to see J.R. being his sneaky powerful self. I also tuned in to watch Sue Ellen hit the bottle, Bobby, trying to stay a good guy through all of the shenanigans, Cliff trying to stake his claim on Ewing Oil.

The three principal characters have returned. Everything blends perfectly. The writing in this series is fast-paced so it requires you to be glued to the television screen so you won't miss a thing.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon October 31, 2013
I watched Dallas starting in the 1970's all the way through the 90's. Every week, faithfully. As the seasons progressed, I noticed the writing getting worse and the mystique fading. But JR AND BOBBY kept things going. I was sad to see the show end......... and always hoped for the BOYS to return to take up where the Dad's left off. I dont care for actress playing the character of Elana. She just doesn't seem to fit. She's no "PAM" type partner for Christopher. I DO like Bobby's new wife......she's a good actress and great character to partner with "Bobby".

It was great to see JR and Bobby and Sue Ellen again....along with Lucy and Ray. If you loved Dallas, the Original series, you'll find yourself falling for This new Dallas series. I hope it has many years of success.
on September 8, 2013
There's something about the new Dallas series that makes it seem somehow reduced in comparison to the sprawling grandeur of the original series (even Southfork — both the house and the land — seem smaller) ... or maybe the old Dallas just seemed bigger from the perspective of a little kid staring up at the TV screen back in the 80s. That aside, the Dallas reboot is certainly worth a peek, especially for fans of Larry Hagman's J.R. Ewing. Hagman returns in exceptional form (like a fine wine just reaching its peak) and delivers a J.R. Ewing in his reclining years that in many ways is even more fascinating and complex than the dastardly oilman we all loved to hate back in the good old days of wheeling and dealing and backstabbing and bed-hopping. Though his bed-hopping days are over, J.R. proves that he still has the knack for wheeling and dealing (and even a little backstabbing). In a clever character twist, this time around J.R. is more hero than antihero. Sure, he's plotting to regain Southfork from younger brother Bobby — and willing to use any means of deception at his disposal to do it — but he's also become Sue Ellen's greatest champion and is willing to risk everything, including his own life, to protect the family when an old rival resurfaces and threatens to take the Ewings down.

Featuring solid performances by Patrick Duffy, Linda Grey, Mitch Pileggi, and Brenda Strong. But make no mistake, this is Larry Hagman's show — from tip to tail, as J.R. would say. In what has got to be one of the most monumental oversights in the history of the Emmy Awards, Larry Hagman was not even nominated for the Dallas reboot (though he was nominated twice for the original series and lost both). What a moment it would have been had Emmy voters opened their eyes to see this magnificent final bow by Hagman reprising his greatest dramatic role, that of the iconic J.R. Ewing ... and doing it with such style and class. There wouldn't have been a dry eye in the house as he stepped up to the stage to accept his long overdue award.
on January 31, 2014
Dallas season 1 is a winning combination of old and new. This is not your standard rehash of old storylines, but is a continuation of the original series set today. The older Dallas rivals - JR and Bobby, JR and Sue Ellen, the Ewings versus the Barnes - all still exist, and the next generation takes on those plus new ones. The casting is great, the older cast has aged gracefully, and we aged with them along the way. The new cast - especially John Ross and Rebecca Sutter are strong and have their own individualized roles. Christopher and Elena are strong actors, but their flavor has to be fleshed out more in season 2. The intertwined relationships and family dynamics still drive storylines. The relationship between JR and Bobby drives the series, and it projects into their sons. Very enjoyable.
on January 21, 2013
I have been a huge fan of the original DALLAS & have spent sleepless nights watching every episode of the earlier show & when I heard they are bringing everyones favourite show back on television, I was restless to see it & boy have I been amazed. The 'Season 1' though a bit short is VERY VERY GOOD. The wrting is fantastic, the production values superb, the clothes, the sets, the acting..everything is as good as the original, if not better. We will all miss Larry Hangman (who plays J.R) the backbone of the original Dallas series who sadly passed away in 2012. We hope the writers are able to fill his void with an equally powerfull character. And we also hope the Ewing family finally unites to jointly take on or face villians from the outside maybe another family that moves into Dallas. Whatever happens I am sure most of us are already hooked & cannot wait for the second season. I have watched several old shows that have been re made however inspite of having better production values etc, none of them are a patch on the original. The new DALLAS is & we hope it will continue for a very long time.
I also wish some equally great team will rekindle 'DYNASTY'
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 22, 2013
When I was notified that this was coming out on DVD, I squealed with delight! I absolutely love this show! I started watching the original series when I was 14 (I was in love with Patrick Duffy). So when I found out that a new version of the series was coming out, I couldn't wait. The new cast members are terrific; especially Josh Henderson, who plays J.R.'s son to perfection. Then you have the gorgeous Jesse Metcalfe, the adopted son of Bobby, who is basically decent, but will not tolerate people that try to push him around.

It was so unfortuneate that Larry Hagman passed away. I love his one-liners; especially "now that's my son, from tip to tail." I was looking forward to seeing how this season was going to unfold, with him waging battles with just about everybody.

The extras on the DVD were fantastic. I would highly recommend this product to anyone; whether they are a fan of Dallas, or if they've never seen the original series.
on September 24, 2017
I am really sorry they took this series off the TV I was enjoying it.
on January 6, 2013
I loved the original Dallas and while happy to see so many original cast members I was nonetheless skeptical that the story would hold up after all of these years and still manage to be as exciting and dynamic as the original. I was so pleasantly surprised to see that not only was it as good as the original, in my opinion it is even better! With J.R. as creatively devious as ever and now schooling his grown son in how to be a rapscallion the wonderful deceit upon which Dallas is built and thrives is as cleverly contrived as it ever was. Saddened, of course, to learn of the death of Larry Hagman, but interested to see how they weave his death into the new season and wondering if they will be able to maintain the dynamic into a third season without J.R.
on October 31, 2012
I didn't get to watch dallas when it aired in the 80's, having been born in 1979 myself. However, I had grown up hearing about "Who shot JR?" so I knew about the show. Watching this new dallas had prompted me to want to watch the old dallas. The new dallas is just as good as the old one was, with all the plotting, scheming, and back biting. Looking foward to getting this on DVD & really looking forward to season 2! And for those who haven't seen it, JR really is a guy you love & hate @ the same time!!!!
on July 20, 2017