- File Size: 1093 KB
- Print Length: 350 pages
- Publisher: C. A. HOCKING; 2 edition (October 11, 2010)
- Publication Date: October 11, 2010
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0046ZRIH8
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#1,132,500 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #1328 in Books > Parenting & Relationships > Family Relationships > Abuse > Child Abuse
- #2319 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Parenting & Relationships > Family Relationships > Dysfunctional Relationships
- #17128 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Crime Fiction
|Print List Price:||$13.50|
Save $10.51 (78%)
Damaged Goods Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
As a survivor of extreme child abuse by my own father (and others), I hit many triggers while reading, yet I couldn't put the book down. The writing reads as if every word is 100% true, drawing you into the lives of these three sisters, then pulls you in deeper and deeper with each chapter. This is an excellent tale of "fiction" that will hit home for many who have been abused.
As a retired editor, and fellow author, I had an internal fight with myself on rating this book. The story is outstanding, and if only rating the story, it would definitely be five-stars. But, due to lack of editing, I'm forced to give it 4-stars. However, please don't let this stop you from reading this book. The storyline itself is exceptional.
I highly recommend "Damaged Goods" to anyone who wants a dose of "fictional reality" of what life is like, or can be like, for a family living with violence and child abuse. It's mind-blowing how true-to-life this story actually is, making this a book well worth reading.
My only quibble is the title. It just doesn't seem to fit!!! Yes, it's what the book is about... but the three sisters are not 'goods' in any sense; it seems an almost mundane title for the heart-rending depth of the actual content...
Instead of being swallowed by anguish, the author has the reader soar with hope and inspiration. An amazing story. Highly recommended read.
I loved the author's ability to transport me to the lush rainforests of Australia with her rich palette of words, the surrounding beauty of the wild land made the story easier to bear, somehow. Amidst such horror and filth, the beauty of love and nature still endures.
This is my second story from C.A. Hocking, and I will be reading more from this wonderfully talented author.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Sisters Helen, Sis and Sweetypie are locked in a nightmare from which there is no...Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Crime
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Family Relationships > Abuse > Child Abuse
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Crime Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Parenting & Relationships > Family Relationships > Dysfunctional Relationships