Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on July 11, 2016
My second Ford novel, and maybe it's because a few years passed between the two reads, but I'm a little stunned here.
Vampire gods -- good and evil vampire gods are banished to earth and must save us pitiful humans from (them) ourselves. 'Rejected' vampire gods are sent to earth to save us when it ends up being them that set out to destroy us. I'm missing something, right?
The premise already confused me, but the way the author chose to clue me in only made it worse. I was lost much of time trying to figure out what was going on, why, and where it would all lead only to arrive at a cliff-hanger. And, I had to push myself to reach that non-ending, too.
Too many f-bombs and with far less intelligent or even significant dialogue among 'gods', which was as pitiful as the 90s high school vibe trying to mix with super-human biker dudes (who waltz around shopping malls armed to the teeth yet don't set off any alarms or warning bells in the mall cops heads).
It just didn't work.
No one convinced me of their worth, their need, or their attraction. I was led to believe that American women are superior to gods. They're smarter, wiser, and tougher. We Rock! (groan) and yet it read more like a Korean melodrama where the mature, adult male with it ALL ends up falling for the immature nudnik with mouse appeal. It makes no sense and doesn't qualify as a 'romance' -- which leads to another conundrum here: there was no romance in Damian's Oracle, so . . . why was I led to believe it would occur?
And, it's PYRE, not pile and MONOTONE, not monotonous, which is what this story became until I wished I had a pyre on which to toss it. Very disappointed and unsure if I'll want to read another Lizzy Ford novel.

Sofia is suffering from head splitting migraine among many other symptoms which started on her 24th birthday. Doctors can't figure out what is wrong with her but when a colleague helps her out her fate is set on a roller coaster ride. Sofia is a natural born oracle, the first in thousands of years and one who will tip the balance. When her mind becomes full of death and chaos at a single touch its the only the powerful and fearsome white god who can help. But the black god has other plans for her.

I started reading it one afternoon and the next thing I knew it was 2am. I woke the following morning with my kindle next to me and couldn't wait to start reading again and I finished it that day. I thought this was a really interesting story with a lot of levels and I could see it making a great film. I also like when authors aren't afraid to kill off characters.

I was very happy with this book and look forward to getting into the series further.
10 out of 10

Review by Brienne Dubh @ escapologyreviews.com
on May 8, 2015
This book really gripped me from start to finish and I can't wait to find out what is going to happen next.

Lizzy Ford has just become my new obsession. This is the 4th book of hers that I have read and I gotta say she is an amazing author. Her characters are so vividly written and the story line is so gripping that you will feel the need to keep reading so you know what's coming next.

This book is about Sofi and how she becomes the oracle she was meant to be. When we start the story, Sofi is sick and doesn't know why. She is taken to Damian's safe house where she learns a little more about herself. She gets taken by the black king for very nasty reasons and it is Damian who saves her with a blood bonding. From there things get very interesting as Sofi can now only feed on Damian's blood. Sofi can see the future and helps the White army figure out who is betraying them and she also discovers a lost soul who seems to live in the corner of her mind. This soul is Darian, Damian's brother is believed to have been killed century's ago. It is Sofi who saves him and brings him back to his brother.

A must read for anyone who loves a paranormal romance.
on December 30, 2014
I liked that it was inspired by Slavic mythology. With all the Greek and Norse mythological type books it was cool to read one based on a different pantheon. It has inspired me to look more into the Slavic mythology and get it know it better.

In this book I’m honestly not the biggest fan of Sophia, at least not at the beginning. She tends to be a little whiny but I can see in her situation I would probably be whiny too. I do like that she does end up getting a hold of her power and “womanning up” and start taking control of things and not seeing what she is as a total bad thing. As for her relationship with Damian. It was definitely one of those insta love type deals but how could she not fall in love with White God who is not what she expects “dressed in leather pants with a tight black Pearl Jam T-shirt, his hair braided, a chain from his spiked belt to his wallet, and heavy black boots.” and he takes the horrible visions away when he touches her. She at least tries to fight it. And I like the defiance in her. She definitely has her kick butt moments and a few good comebacks that I enjoy. I my eyes she redeems herself towards the end.

Again at the beginning not the biggest fan of Damian. Something about him irked me. And no it was’t the whole “alpha-male” thing. Maybe it was just some of the things he said or how he was written. Towards the middle and end I did start warming up to him and enjoyed how he was trying to be sweet towards Sophia and he was patient with her when he knew she was his true love and well she just didn’t want to admit it or pursue it. He did say some funny flirtatious things to her which had my laughing.

I think I just really liked the ending of this book. It was a good beginning of a series book. Set up the characters well and the story line is wonderful. It had some fun action scenes. The book was interesting, quick, fun and different type of mythological read.

I'd recommend this to someone who likes action and mythological/paranormal romances. Especially if you plan on continuing the series.
on December 4, 2017
I read this awhile back but forgot to review it then. (In my defense, I was new then to e-reading and didn't even know people did reviews. I know better now.) I remember being fascinated, it being a very mesmerizing book and each time I finished one book I was anxious for the next. I read a few books in the series before "life" got in the way, but I hope to get back to it. This will always be a favorite series of mine and I plan to re-read them all again at some point.
on January 20, 2016
This book is listed under romance and yet there's very little romance between the main characters. Sofia and Damian's interactions are mostly her "feedings", crying or sleeping. Their conversations are limited to the same things. What they know about each other is from reading each others minds with no real context. There's a few kisses and no real sexual tension. When the story finally builds up to more Ms. Ford only eludes to it leaving the readers without that final connection between the two.

Other issues I had with the story was the flow. It was so choppy in parts that it was hard to follow. Sub characters weren't flushed out to the point where one character dies and there's no emotion, for the characters or the readers. Inconsistencies abound and the story really could've used a better editor to catch them.

I'm just not sure this story was enough to get me to buy the next book. Maybe if they go on Kindle unlimited.
on June 9, 2015
This first book in the War of Gods series is a great read. The characters come alive on the page and the emotions displayed are palpable.

Sofia is in the process of becoming and she has no idea what is happening to her. She is an Oracle, the first in thousands of years and in the process of realizing her role, she meets and falls for Damian, the White God. He and his Guardians protect the world from the evil Black God and his minions who would, of possible, kill or enslave every human on the planet.

Sofia is taken by the Black God but is rescued by Damian resulting in a binding ceremony. The feelings between Sofia and Damian intensify as the story unfolds. She finds herself in a mental connection with someone who needs her help and this weaves through the story, bringing about a revelation.

I highly recommend this book. It is very well written and entertains with every page. 5 stars.
on May 7, 2014
I really enjoyed this book. It had everything in it action, soul-mates, suspense,and my favorite a kick ass leading lady. There was a lot of things that I didn't expect but the way Lizzy everything fall in to place well.
Sofia- (leading lady) At first I thought she was going to be this weak annoying woman. But she really surprised me with her back bone. When faced with danger she fights and head right in to save those she cares about even knowing she would most likely be getting hurt. After having gone through everything she went through not being human like she though all a lone to this mystical oracle that is suppose to have all of this power. To say her life was turned on it ear is a big understatement. I love all of the little comments she tells the guys when they say they will never have women lol
Damian- The big bad White God. He is the biggest bad-est bad ass that there is. Damian wasn't looking for love it just kind of fell in to his lap. Damian has a hard time expressing what he really wants with Sofia. Through most of the book it almost fells like he just wants to get into her pant but in reality he really cares for her.
Dusty and Jule- Damian's top guys and brothers from another mother. Both of these guys almost right away loved Sofia. She did have to prove herself some but she passed with flying colors. Dusty and Jule's have been there for Damian through good and bad. Both of these guy's like to talk s*** and it's funny. Jule's is fun loving, doesn't have a care in the world type of guy. Where Dusty is serious and kind of annul in my opinion. All Three of these guys loss the forth of there group and old hurts come back to the surface.
I can't wait to read the next book in this series I think Dusty is going to have his hands full with the woman that is meant to be his. It's going to be fun to see what kind of hell she is going to put him through.

“He wasn't sure if he should be angry at her defiant insubordination or amused by it. She was harmless to him, like a trash-talking flower.”
on September 7, 2011
I was surprised. This is a real gem. I couldn't put it down and have already looked up the sequel. This book is offered on Kindle as a freebie and normally, reading through the discriptions and reviews that come with most freebie titles I was a little leery about picking it up. It seems most of the freebies are freebies because they just don't quite make it. However, having read this book, cover to cover, it would definitely be something I'd be willing to purchase and maintain in my library.

The plot is interesting and different. Its hard to find unique stuff, many writer's leave you feeling like you're reading the same book with different characters, and a slight twist in the plot. Finding something different is exciting.

Character development is great and I love the fade to black many books these days, perhaps too many, are using the erotic or romantic element of the story to carry through, romantic scenes fill up half to 3/4 of the book and leave me skipping through, it makes it hard to justify buying books for $7-8 when you know you're just going to skip half of it. Thankfully, this book didn't do that.

The editing was decent and there were no errors that left you having to reread and the flow was fairly consistant. I'm looking forward to more from this author and this series. I definitely recommend it for anyone who is looking for a book that is filled with great characters, decent action, and an engaging plotline.
on April 7, 2013
I liked this story. I got it for free and was pleasantly surprised. The portrayal of the main hero and heroine, particularly as it relates to their thoughts and actions, is realistic in terms of their character as established by Ms. Ford. Too often I read an UF or PNR where the character is described one way and their actions describe the opposite. So this was refreshing. Also, I liked the world built by Ms. Ford. My only issue with the story, and why I gave it four stars, is that there didn't seem to be any real basis for the heroine's love for the hero. It just seems as if suddenly, poof, she loves him. Hun? I would have understood her affection better if she had had more than the few feeding interactions with him. She never sees mich of his activities outside of those feeldings and some brief encounters. Couple that with her distaste in her reliance upon the hero for survival, i just couldnt understand the sudden love. Otherwise, I did enjoy it and have purchased the remaining three books in the series.