|Fits as expected||
Free Return on some sizes and colors
- 100% Cotton Drill
- Snap On closure
- [ YOUR PANT SIZE AIN'T YOUR KILT SIZE ] Kilt sizing can be tricky but it ain't too tough if you take the time to do it, and do it right. Check out our sizing guide chart and video for everything you need to know to get it right the first time.
- [ THE STOWAWAY HAS MORE STORAGE THAN YOU'LL PROBABLY EVER NEED ] If you're at all worried about running out of space to hold all your stuff, the Stowaway is the kilt for you. We took our classic kilt design and latched as many pockets on it as we could.
- [ THE MOST BUILT-IN POCKETS AVAILABLE IN THE DNKE LINE UP ] 2 side cargo pockets, 2 trouser pockets, and 2 rear pockets. You're basically carrying a backpack around on your waist when you strap on the Stowaway. If you're somehow still running out of space it's of course compatible with our Sporran for even more storage.
- [ HEAVY DUTY COMFORT ] 100% 230 GSM cotton drill construction, heavy duty snaps, double-stitched seams, full-metal hardware. DNKE kilts will take your abuse and still look good at the pub.
- [ BACKED BY THE DNKE GUARANTEE ] We like to keep things simple. If you are ever dissatisfied with our gear, at any time, just give us a shout and we'll work to make it right.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Measure twice, buy once
Sizing yourself for a kilt ain't too tough, but it's important you do it, and do it right. Luckily we're here to help you out. Maybe you've heard the saying "measure twice, cut once." That applies double here...just replace 'cut' with 'buy'. Trust us, it'll save you valuable time and money later having to exchange your kilt for the right size.
Kilt sizing can be tricky for even the most experienced kilt wearer so no worries if you get it wrong on the first try, we'll work with you to make sure you're happy with your kilt's fit.
Ditch your pants and join the Clan!
Damn Near Kilt 'Em was created to provide Kilt wearers a way to live a pants-free life without breaking the bank. Our complete line of Kilts has versatile designs perfect for everything from urban life, to paintball comps, hiking, heading out to the bars, or just lounging. Check out our wide variety of styles and colors to find what works best for you and join clan DNKE!
- Shipping Information: View shipping rates and policies
- ASIN: B00RMN321C
- Date first listed on Amazon: December 31, 2014
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
DNKE Kilts have become a regular part of my everyday attire. Some people have even asked if I'm wearing some sort of "uniform." In any case, I usually get positive feedback from people. I get especially nice comments from women, ^_^.
There are lots of great things about this kilt. There are quite a few pockets to stuff items in, though the non-buttoning ones are a bit small to be useful. The material is sturdy, the pleats are attractive, and several metal rings adorn the waistline so you can hang various things off them.
Like attention? Dress up even slightly (matching hose and a button-up long-sleeve shirt are usually all it takes) and suddenly everyone will be looking at you. Those bold enough to approach will inevitably have questions and comments for you - "What do you wear underneath it?" "Are you Scottish?" "Finally, a guy man enough to wear a skirt!" and such. I actually have a reasonable excuse for wearing kilts, as I do play the Bagpipes, but your mileage will vary. If you see this as a downside, don't get a kilt at all.
The only disappointing part of this kilt is that it buttons together. The simplicity of snap buttons is nice, but it lacks any sort of adjustability as a result. This isn't a dealbreaker by any means, but I much prefer kilts that come together with belts and buckles which allow fine adjustments to be made to different areas of the waistline. I knew this when I purchased it, so I cannot fault this kilt for its design.
I bought this as a "beater" kilt for hiking, lounging, and crazy nights at the pub. This thing tirelessly endures bitter cold and snow (regularly below 0C where I live) and is easy to clean if it gets messy. I couldn't ask for more.
EDIT: After washing a few times in cold water/drying on cool settings, the kilt shrunk, but only slightly. Much appreciated too, since it basically "tightened up the screws" on the fit for my skinny body. You'll definitely want to iron the pleats back to an attractive state after washing though - your sister's/girlfriend's/mom's/your own hair straightening iron does a surprisingly good job returning the pleats to their original form.
Still loving it.
I only have a few complaints;
I am still disappointed with the back pockets. We bigger men have a hard time getting to them. I feel that they need to be moved one whole pleat each, away from the center of the back, or make them that much wider. It wouldn't hurt to move the cargo pockets that far forward on the xxl either.
The belt loops are not as thick/heavy as I was expecting, from my previous experience with the Damn Near sport utility kilt that I have been wearing. This is mostly due to the way they are constructed on each style.
My previous order was DNKE's sport utility kilt. The material making up this kilt is a completely different type from that of my sport utility kilt. It doesn't seem as heavy as that used on sport utility kilt. The sport utility was a heavy twill like that used on khaki cargo pants/shorts. This is much stiffer, more of a corduroy. The pleats don't return to their original position when I stand from a sitting position. instead they stand out some from my body like batman's ears coming off my legs. I have to constantly brush them down into their original position. I am reluctant to purchase another because I dont know what kind of material I will end up with.