Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About Dan Thorpe
....learning later on in life how to play their favourite fingerpicking and strumming songs with more joy and less frustration.
Dan has taught a huge variety of students ranging in skill from absolute beginners who have never played the guitar before, all the way to seasoned pros with 40 years of playing experience.
If you are over 40 and love fingerstyle, rock and folk, you`ll love it here. (Even if you are under 40 but prefer classic songs you`ll love it here too).
I really love to teach guitar and have learnt soo many tips, tricks and techniques over the years that can and will shave years off your guitar playing....The same techniques that have worked for many of my personal students.
I want to share with you all those golden nuggets of information, the easy wins and the proper technique that will set you up for the long term.
Come and join me over at www.guitardomination.net/free-stuff and get two highly-rated eBooks completely free and my very best tips sent to your inbox.
Customers Also Bought Items By
5 stars - "I needed this book 60 years ago. Following Dan`s teaching has become a daily pleasure. Anyone young or 80 like me can use this book with confidence" - Ian Laing
Learn how to play guitar with better technique, more confidence and have more fun with just 20 minutes of proper practice per day.
I`m Dan Thorpe, and I have taught over 100 adult beginners, aged 50+ how to have more fun on the guitar.
Now it is all in this straightforward and easy to follow guide...
Fingerstyle 101 features a wealth of techniques, fingerpicking patterns, tips, and advice, giving you a complete guide to fingerpicking guitar.
- Learn 10 stunning fingerpicking patterns that will allow you to be able to play 1000`s of songs (inc. 60`s folk, vintage pop, classical and more).
- Discover the exact techniques that the pro`s use - such as Paul Simon, James Taylor + more...
- How to "Travis pick" properly just like the 60s folk fingerpickers - using the two key patterns that most people learn wrong.
- The 7 deadly fingerpicking mistakes and how to fix them (most guitarists make at least 3/4 of these but even 1 or 2 can hit the brakes on your progress).
- Fix and improve your technique with my solid, from the ground up, step by step method of learning to fingerpick - meaning no more sore fingers.
- A 20 minute per day routine to practice
That is just the tip of the iceberg.
If you have struggled before, this book will be like music to your ears - a new start where you can learn and improve...
Even if you believe you have "no ear for music" OR you think you are "too old to learn".
Here are just a few of the specific lessons as featured in the book.
- The exact 3 step method for smoother fingerpicking chord changes (p28)
- A scientifically proven exercise that can reduce your brain age (p107)
- "The Fingerpicking Tone Test" to improve your guitar`s sound (p14)
- Why you need to keep your body relaxed and how "scanning" can help (p19)
- The in-depth guide on how-to read TAB (p120)
- How to use your "Mind`s eye" to help you remember more (p105)
- The Rhythm 101 guide (p32)
- My "Minimum Pressure Required" technique to reduce sore fingers (p16)
- Over 80 audio examples which can be streamed or downloaded (played at normal and slow speeds) with notation, tab, and TAB pdf.
- PLUS...A BIG selection of fingerpicking bonuses unavailable anywhere - 100% free
5 stars - "This book represents a gold mine of fingerstyle technique and advice for guitarists of all levels." G. Lynch
5 stars - "Dan has done it again! Fingerstyle 101 is another G.R.E.A.T. book.
…the most comprehensive book you will find on how to take your strumming skills to new heights, where you will go from not being comfortable at strumming or being downright poor at it, to…
… sounding like a professional strummer with great tone, learn how to play the most important strum patterns…
…have complete mastery over your rhythm skills and learn how to perform a wide variety of stylish and elegant sounding strumming “tricks”.
If you have ever thought…
“My strumming sounds weak and sloppy”
“How do I work out the strumming pattern for a song?”
“I only know one or two strumming patterns and I use them for everything!”
“My strumming is boring!”
“I have really poor rhythm and can`t keep in time for toffee”
…If you have said, “yes!” to any of the above, then, you have come to the right place.
This book is the solution…
In this book, you will find in-depth tutorials, a large library of over 100 audio examples, all the tab for each example and plenty more.
This book is the only resource you will ever need to be able to become a professional sounding strumming guitarist…
…where you will be able to strum with great tone, rhythm and timing, and never run out of interesting and fun strumming ideas.
Most Beginner Guitarists Are Very Frustrated By Their Ability To Strum
The first problem many guitarists encounter, is they are rarely taught how to strum with good technique. This means they often have a shrill, messy or jerky strumming sound which sounds and feels sloppy.
In this book, I will take you through the most common strumming mistakes that nearly all beginners make – and more importantly, I will teach you how to improve these areas right away!
Many Guitarists Learn One Or Two Strumming Patterns And Stop There – No Wonder They Get Bored!
They strum the same exact pattern in the same exact way and don`t actually feel much excitement or joy with their strumming.
There is a huge world of amazing things you can do with strumming but most guitarists never really learn how.
Like any skill, strumming takes practice, but the practice becomes much more enjoyable when you are given a clear path, explanations of what you need to do or avoid… and a proper plan to move forward.
The tools you will learn to use in this book will give you all of that and so much more.
Learn The Most Interesting And Useful Strumming Patterns Ever – And Learn How To Choose A Suitable One For Any Song!
Every guitarist should learn the core patterns. (There are actually 16 awesome and incredibly useful patterns taught in this book).
In this book, you will learn the most useful, inspiring and exciting strumming patterns ever created for the guitar.
Once you learn these, you will have a huge arsenal of fun and exciting rhythms and strum patterns that will make all of your music fun for the rest of your playing.
Discover The Secrets Of Great Strumming Such As Pick Strumming, Bass/Treble Strumming, Percussive Strumming And Much More.
These include learning techniques such as:
How to use “swing”
How to u