Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Dan Thorpe
Dan Thorpe is an RGT registered tutor and owner of the popular tuition blog, Guitar Domination in which he specialises in teaching guitarists who are....
....learning later on in life how to play their favourite fingerpicking and strumming songs with more joy and less frustration.
Dan has taught a huge variety of students ranging in skill from absolute beginners who have never played the guitar before, all the way to seasoned pros with 40 years of playing experience.
If you are over 40 and love fingerstyle, rock and folk, you`ll love it here. (Even if you are under 40 but prefer classic songs you`ll love it here too).
I really love to teach guitar and have learnt soo many tips, tricks and techniques over the years that can and will shave years off your guitar playing….The same techniques that have worked for many of my personal students.
I want to share with you all those golden nuggets of information, the easy wins and the proper technique that will set you up for the long term.
Come and join me over at www.guitardomination.net/free-stuff and get two highly-rated eBooks completely free and my very best tips sent to your inbox.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Titles By Dan Thorpe
5 stars - "I needed this book 60 years ago. Following Dan`s teaching has become a daily pleasure. Anyone young or 80 like me can use this book with confidence" - Ian Laing
Learn how to play guitar with better technique, more confidence and have more fun with just 20 minutes of proper practice per day.
I`m Dan Thorpe, and I have taught over 100 adult beginners, aged 50+ how to have more fun on the guitar.
Now it is all in this straightforward and easy to follow guide...
Fingerstyle 101 features a wealth of techniques, fingerpicking patterns, tips, and advice, giving you a complete guide to fingerpicking guitar.
- Learn 10 stunning fingerpicking patterns that will allow you to be able to play 1000`s of songs (inc. 60`s folk, vintage pop, classical and more).
- Discover the exact techniques that the pro`s use - such as Paul Simon, James Taylor + more...
- How to "Travis pick" properly just like the 60s folk fingerpickers - using the two key patterns that most people learn wrong.
- The 7 deadly fingerpicking mistakes and how to fix them (most guitarists make at least 3/4 of these but even 1 or 2 can hit the brakes on your progress).
- Fix and improve your technique with my solid, from the ground up, step by step method of learning to fingerpick - meaning no more sore fingers.
- A 20 minute per day routine to practice
That is just the tip of the iceberg.
If you have struggled before, this book will be like music to your ears - a new start where you can learn and improve...
Even if you believe you have "no ear for music" OR you think you are "too old to learn".
Here are just a few of the specific lessons as featured in the book.
- The exact 3 step method for smoother fingerpicking chord changes (p28)
- A scientifically proven exercise that can reduce your brain age (p107)
- "The Fingerpicking Tone Test" to improve your guitar`s sound (p14)
- Why you need to keep your body relaxed and how "scanning" can help (p19)
- The in-depth guide on how-to read TAB (p120)
- How to use your "Mind`s eye" to help you remember more (p105)
- The Rhythm 101 guide (p32)
- My "Minimum Pressure Required" technique to reduce sore fingers (p16)
- Over 80 audio examples which can be streamed or downloaded (played at normal and slow speeds) with notation, tab, and TAB pdf.
- PLUS...A BIG selection of fingerpicking bonuses unavailable anywhere - 100% free
5 stars - "This book represents a gold mine of fingerstyle technique and advice for guitarists of all levels." G. Lynch
5 stars - "Dan has done it again! Fingerstyle 101 is another G.R.E.A.T. book.
5 stars - "It has NO fluff or filler and gets right down to the grassroots of strumming. This book quickly helped me find holes and plug them. Within a couple of hours, my playing had improved dramatically." - Rintu Basu
The Ultimate Guide To Strumming is a step-by-step book teaching you EVERYTHING you need to know about strumming.
- Discover the fundamentals teaching you all the basics which most people neglect.
- Find out how to strum cleanly, with good technique, the #1 pick I recommend, how to play upstrums smoothly, and more...
- How to play the 14 most important strum patterns ever!
- Learn the "big two" patterns, the "core" starter patterns, how to strum in different time signatures, contemporary strums, and more...
- How to use these patterns in real songs and work out for yourself which songs use which patterns.
- Discover the most exciting strumming techniques that will give you more fun on the guitar every day for years.
- Get specific, in-depth tuition, a large library of 100+ audio examples, all the TAB for each example and more.
- Download or stream every audio example - in normal and slow speeds making learning and playing along easier than ever before.
In this fun book DAN THORPE will show you how to:
Go from frustrated to professional strummer with a great tone, precise timing, smooth technique, a big range of powerful strumming patterns..
...And you will have complete mastery and confidence in your rhythm skills.
If you have ever thought..."My strumming sounds weak and sloppy" OR..
- "How do I work out the strumming pattern for a song?"
- "I only know one or two strumming patterns and I use them for everything!""
...Then you have come to the right place.
Not only will you sort all the fundamentals in your strumming but you will...
Learn the exciting techniques used by strumming legends such as:
Paul Simon, Oasis, The Beatles, Ed Sheeran, Neil Young, Eddie Vedder, John Lennon, Dave Grohl, Prince, David Bowie, Eagles, Cat Stevens, Johnny Cash, and many more...
These fun techniques include:
- "Pick strumming"
- Bass runs and bass riffs...
- Percussive strumming
- How to use "rests" to add energy
- Strum fills
- The strum pattern TEST
- "Bass/Treble" strumming
- Improve your rhythm with the "Fake drummers' strumming game"
- ...and plenty more very cool techniques rarely taught outside of this book.
This step-by-step book is broken up into three parts, where each step builds in a structured way...
So you can rest assured you will learn in an easy-to-follow and confidence building manner...Saving you time and giving you a clear path and proper plan moving forward.
Every example comes with TAB and notation, MP3 audio and there is a printable TAB/notation file...
...PLUS, get access to some exclusive bonuses when you purchase today.
5-stars "This has made me thirsty for more. I have been to many teachers, books, etc. and I've never heard anyone break down guitar to such simplistic steps. Rock On!" - Charles
Attention: If you're an adult beginner guitarist who feels stuck or confused, then read on because...
This short and simple, step-by-step 7 day plan can help you make big improvements in your playing, learn REAL songs, have more fun and improve your technique...
...Even if you believe you have "no ear for music" OR think you are "too old to learn".
Simply follow the clear and concise advice, the "daily actions plans" and make progress.
- Ideal for struggling beginners or experienced guitarists desperate to have fun
- Perfect for both acoustic and electric guitarists
- Get a 7-day lesson plan making practice enjoyable, automatically
If you're like most, you've probably never been taught the lessons inside this book which include the specifics on how to:
- Impress your friends by playing one of the most beautiful and most loved fingerstyle songs ever
- How to instantly STOP your fingers being sore
- 5 rarely taught strumming tips to improve your tone right away
- "Daily action plans" so you know exactly what to do without confusion
- The 8-note intro to the most famous tune of all time - you can learn it even if you're on day 1 of playing
- A two-minute exercise to improve picking hand accuracy x10
- Essential advice from Eric Clapton, Ed Sheeran and Mark Knopfler - aka the knights of guitar playing!
- A two-step tip to instantly fix buzzing chords
- The "3 strikes and you're out" baseball inspired method for more accurate playing
- The essential 4-note picking pattern that will instantly help you stop plucking the wrong strings
- A hilarious David Gilmour quote that will make all your playing shine like a crazy diamond
- A repeatable plan to make progress for weeks, months and even years to come
- Why crusty, sore calluses are terrible for your playing and exactly how to avoid them
- How to make your friends envious and be the star of the party with a certain famous song
- A 200 year-old song most people never think of learning that'll give you endless jamming fun
- A simple tip to help if you have painful, arthritic fingers
- My students' all-time favorite daily dexterity exercise
Plus, why you need to STOP looking back and forth at each hand, the biggest killer of enjoyment (hint: it's to do with tension), a student horror story to watch out for, why "talent is overrated", a 28 day plan to develop these ideas further, and more...
These are the exact lessons taught to 120+ one to one students over the last 10 years (plus 10,000s more around the world via my books and courses). Many were frustrated on day 1 but have since gone on to become accomplished players.