Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Danby 120 Can Beverage Center, Stainless Steel DBC..." and save 56% off the $350.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
2-Year Large Appliance Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Danby 120 Can Beverage Center, Stainless Steel DBC120BLS
|Price:||$249.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$100.01 (29%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 3.3 cu. ft. capacity beverage center (up to 120 cans)
- Mechanical thermostat with temperature range of 43F - 57F
- 3 black wire shelves and interior light illuminates compartment when door is opened
- Recessed side mount door handle and integrated lock with key. Tempered glass door with stainless steel trim and black body
- Please refer Pages 5-7 in user manual under technical specification for the installation and troubleshooting guide
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
About Danby's DBC120BLS Beverage Center
When friends and relatives drop by it’s always a good idea to be prepared to serve up some refreshing cold drinks from a spacious beverage center. This esteemed model from Danby is the perfect solution as it offers 3.3 cubic feet (93.5 liters) of storage space and can hold up to 120 cans of your favorite drinks, meaning you’ll never find yourself shorthanded.
The glamorous appliance features a tempered glass door with stainless-steel trim which keeps your drinks cool by blocking out ultraviolet rays. The 3.5 black-wire interior shelves add an extra touch of class and the high-tech mechanical thermostat can be programmed from anywhere between 6°C and 14°C (43°F and 57°F). This unit offers peace of mind and security with its integrated lock and key feature and the bright interior is door activated. Both left and right-handed users will be delighted with the clever reversible door hinge which can be adjusted for either left or right-hand opening.
- 3.3 cu. ft.(120 Can) capacity beverage center
- Temperature range of 6°C - 14°C (43°F - 57°F)
- Mechanical thermostat
- 3.5 black wire shelves
- Tempered glass door with stainless steel trim
- Recessed side mount door handle
- Integrated lock with key
- Door activated interior light
- Reversible door hinge for left or right hand opening
Store up to 120 beverages in 3.3 cu ft of refrigerated space.
Energy efficient and long lasting light illuminates the interior.
Lock Up Your Beverages
Discreet button door lock secures the contents from children or desperate roommates.
Set and Forget Thermostat
Features a mechanical thermostat control for those who prefer to set it and forget it.
Our vision is simple: to create brilliant and inspired appliances designed to fit your space and your every move. We believe that thoughtful design is always in season. Now we’re thrilled to be the leading refrigeration and specialty appliance company in North America, offering unique and inspired appliances loved by people continent-wide.
Compare to similar items
This item Danby 120 Can Beverage Center, Stainless Steel DBC120BLS
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Phiestina Products||Mart4U||CompactAppliance|
|Color||Black/Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Black/Stainless Steel||Stainless-Steel||Stainless-Steel||Stainless Steel|
The Danby DBC120BLS 3.3 Cu. Ft. Beverage Center is the perfect teammate with those big sporting events. When friends and family stop by it's always good to be prepared to serve up some cold beverages while watching a game or just enjoying the company. No matter what event keeps those guests ever-present, this beverage center will be a great asset. With a 120 can storage capacity you will be sure to never be short on ice cold beverages. The tempered glass door and stainless steel trim add an elegant touch to any decor.Package Content: 3.3 cu. ft. beverage center;manual;warranty;Tempered glass door with stainless steel trim;Recessed side mount door handle;Integrated lock with key; Interior light illuminates compartment when door is opened; Color - Black with Stainless Steel; Height 33.70, Width 17.87, Depth 19.75, Weight 68.90. Color -Black/Stainless; Manual Language: English, Spanish, French; Assembly Required.
From the Manufacturer
The Danby DBC120BLS Silhouette 3.3 Cu. Ft. Beverage Center, in black/stainless steel, is the perfect teammate with those big sporting events. You need to be ready for the friends and family who stop by to visit your flat screen TV. Whether it�s the Olympics, football or hockey finals that keep those guests ever-present, this beverage center will be a great asset. With a 120 can storage capacity you will be sure to never be short on ice cold beverages. The tempered glass door and stainless steel trim add an elegant touch to any decor.
Top customer reviews
It took us some time to figure out the shelves, but eventually we found a method we like. The bottom/first row is not a shelf, but there is a half shelf that goes right above it. This area is great for storing taller cans like the Red Bull shown in the picture or in our case, Bud Light Lime cans (which are now tall and skinny) and some craft beer that came in a four pack with taller cans. We arranged the top shelf to be just tall enough to stand cans up. The other two shelves we arranged to allow for one shelf of bottles and one more shelf for cans. We had one shelf that was not used in our setup. Our setup can hold 30 bottles (but more like 25 comfortably) on the bottle shelf, 15 cans on the top shelf, 30 cans (but more like 25 comfortably) on the other can shelf, and on the bottom shelf, since it is about half-size, can fit about 18 Bud Light Lime cans total.
I learned some things I didn't know as we tried to set up and install the product. By standard, the door will open on the left, but you can modify it to open on the right. It looked like too much work for us (okay, we're just lazy) so we kept it opening left. Also, the light at the top of the fridge will turn on when you open the door only by default, but there is a toggle button on the left side that will keep the light on all the time if you prefer the "lit" look.
Per some of the other very helpful reviews and customer photos on Amazon I did purchase a couple of add-on products for about $30 total:
--> This end table, so that my tall husband didn't have to squat all the way to the floor for something on the bottom shelf: DHP Parsons Modern End Table, Black Wood Grain
--> These flexible chopping mats so that the cans & bottles don't "tip" on the grill. This mat fix perfectly on the shelf with no cutting required. You need to place the mat shiny side down and matte side up so that cans and bottles will slide on it. We only had to make one modification to the mat for the first shelf, which is kind of a half-shelf, where the width of the mat was slightly smaller and we had to cut a notch for the mat to fit on the shelf.Flexible Chopping Mats 4 Pack.
--> This string of LED lights for which we attached to the inside of the door via scotch tape (we'll see how long that lasts). The battery pack in this product happens to fit perfectly in a unusable notch area on the bottom/second shelving area, if the door opens on the left (since that is where the notch in the shelf is) Rtgs Micro LED 20 Super Bright Cold White Color Lights Battery Operated on 7.5 Ft Long Silver Color Ultra Thin String Wire [NEWEST VERSION] + 100% RTGS Products Satisfaction Guarantee
So ultimately, it would be fantastic if this fridge utilized glass shelves or smaller grates, and had LED door lighting, but the mods were cheap and easy enough to do on our own.
I have posted some photos to show you our shelving set up and a comparison of the LED string lights to the interior light.
My only other note is that from back to front this fridge fits exactly five (5) bottles or cans. So, like most people, if you're buying beverages in multiples of six, this can be a little frustrating if your'e going for an organized, store-front look. This problem is easily solved by drinking one of those beverages as you put it into the fridge.
Ultimately, I came across the Danby DBC120BLS Beverage Center and liked what I saw in terms of the price, the reviews, and the product itself. I liked also that at least a few people were using it to store beer and so I made my purchase. I wound up setting it up last night and discovered a few things that I thought would be of interest to anyone else in search of something to use as a beer cellar.
BEST ASPECTS OF USING THE DANBY BEVERAGE CENTER FOR BEER CELLARING
1. The adjustable temperature range covers a wide assortment of beers. Usually the target temperature for aging beer is between 50-55 degrees Fahrenheit. Many of the thermoelectric coolers feature extremely narrow ranges with the LOWER end being closer to the low 50s (which means that it would have to work essentially at max capacity at all times just to maintain the temperature). Plus, if there are any temperature fluctuations, say, of five degrees or more, you could wind up impacting the long term quality of your beers. The 43-57 degree range of the Danby is great because it affords more leeway, particularly if you live in an area that gets particularly warm in the summer thereby creating a substantial temperature differential between the interior and exterior of the refrigerator.
2. At the $200 price point, you'll be hard-pressed to find better capacity. By comparison, most of the wine cellars available at and around $200 hold less than 20 bottles and, in most cases, 18 or fewer. Depending upon what you are aging beer-wise, you will easily store double that amount or better with the Danby.
3. The removable shelves provide flexible storage layouts. Again, depending upon what you're looking to age, you will have a variety of options in terms of how to store your stash. The single most limiting aspect though is the type(s) of bottles that you're looking to age. When it comes to cellaring beer, the common best-practice is to store it upright, especially if the beer is corked. The problem with this is the fact that most corked bottles tend to be of the larger variety (750ml) and thus take up much more space than their twelve ounce counterparts.
The existence of multiple shelf grooves will allow you to make the most of the space available but only to a certain degree. One of the photos for this unit had a comment that the user was able to get 49 twelve ounce bottles and 4 bombers for a total of 53 bottles. None of the bottles appeared to be corked and a few were being stored sideways--something to consider, again, if you have a variety of beer bottle types.
As for my current setup, I have the top-most shelf in along with a single shelf towards the bottom dividing the interior into three zones. At the bottom I currently have 8 large bottles including three corked 750mls, 1 uncorked 750, and four bomber sized bottles along with 6 smaller bottles, two of which are corked. Now, you won't be able to take advantage of the full space on the lowest level because there is a small portion that juts out to allow water to drain towards the compressor during the automatic defrosting cycle. Having the corked bottles standing on a wire shelf ABOVE this point should allow you to get more in...but the thought of overloading the shelf and losing bottles of Black Tuesday and the Firestone barrel aged series made me anxious. Instead, I opted for the security of the ground level at the expense of housing a few more bottles (which, at present, I don't have).
On the middle shelf I have 29 bottles approximately half of which are the standard slender 12 oz and half are the stubbier, slightly fatter bottles; these are all vertical as well. Lastly, I have six bottles stored on their side in two pyramids on the special top shelf. You lose a little bit of space at the very top so that you can keep the fan clear (the shelf is designed specifically for this purpose) so you can't make use of the ENTIRE interior.
In total though, with nearly a dozen very big bottles, I was able to get a total of 49 bottles into the unit. They are perfectly chilled at the moment and, with any luck, they will remain that way for a long time to come.
The bottom line: if you're looking to cellar beers then this is the ideal unit with which to do so!