Industrial Deals Children of Blood and Bone Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on March 8, 2007
I enjoyed this work out. It is fun. The instructor, Michelle Dozois, is about my age so I feel good knowing I am not the only one who likes to shake by stuff!! I like how Michelle involves her "team", especially Stella and Marie Forleo. I have a few of Marie's DVD's and she is also in some Shape exercises tapes with Ellen Barrett (who is my favorit).

The Fat Burning Jam video is devided into three (3) ten minute sections. This does not include the warm-up and the cool down sections. I personally whish it was 10 minutes longer, but I ususally do one of the sections twice, therefore getting a 43-45 minutes work out. I did not do the step guide, and picked up the moves pretty fast. If you are new to dancing the step guide is very helpful. If you are advanced and excercise often, I work out almost every day, it is very easy. You will work up a bit of a sweat, especially of you let loose and really shake it! I sometimes combine it with another exercise DVD. If you are a beginner, I think you will really enjoy it. I am glad Michelle does a proper cool down afterwards. I would have given it 5 stars had it been 10 minutes longer.
on September 4, 2007
I have a bad back and was looking for a gentle workout I could do in short intervals because of frequent interruptions at home. I would say this video fufills the need to get you moving without too much challenge or time commitment. You may not have to be as careful not to hurt yourself as you might using a standard fitness video if you have fitness restrictions. However, it kind of tries too hard to be fun and I didn't find Michelle Dozois to be very charismatic. My daughter thought it was boring and for old ladies, which it probably is, but it suits some of us fine.
on April 4, 2011
I've tried workout videos with atleast 15 different instructors, and Michelle is one of the best. She gives excellent cues throughout the routine, and the choreography is interesting. Many of the videos I use are good workouts, but the instructors are often a little slow with the cues or say the wrong foot, making my steps off count. Michelle's workout does not require rehearsing the steps in order to keep up. After I purchased the DVD and tried it, I immediately began looking for more videos with Michelle as the instructor.
on October 13, 2006
If you're looking for something basic that doesn't have any complex choreography, then you're in the right place. If you're looking for something fresh, fun, funky and challenging, then this DVD is certainly not it.

Michelle Dozois is a certified Pilates instructor, and it shows, due to her lack of personality in demonstrating the dance moves. The choreography is basic, dull, and uninteresting. I was able to pick it up in one go without being challenged too much.

Here's what you get

10MIN TEACHING SEGMENT - For people who are new to dance-aerobics, Michelle takes first timers through a 10 minute segment which spends 1 minute on each of 10 different steps that are used throughout the workout. This is good for people with two left feet and are lacking in coordination, but I found it excruciatingly slow to go through it, with the moves being so basic that I could pick most of them up from sight at full tempo. Of course, the advantage of having such a segment completely separate from the main workout itself is I didn't have to use this segment if I didn't want to.

35MIN DANCE WORKOUT - As well as the warmup and cooldown, there are three dance segments. Honestly, I found two out of three of these boring and unoriginal. Michelle Dozois lacks personality and that go-get-em attitude that draws people into a workout. I was stunned when the workout started to see that Marie Forleo is one of the back-up exercisers in the workout. Marie Forleo has two dance DVDs herself; one from Crunch and one from Prevention, and a Dance Off The Inches DVD due to be released soon. This workout might have been more of a success if Marie had lead it instead of Michelle.

I will say that the third of the three dance segments is considerably more fun than the other two, which is why I gave this DVD 3 stars.

But its nowhere near as fun, challenging and innovative as the original Dance Off The Inches disc with Juliane Arney. I'd still recommend that workout over this one any day of the week. And there's no sign of the 1-2-3 tempo system that was present in the original discs; whether thats a good or bad thing is subjective. I prefer learning things at tempo than slower, since my heart rate stays elevated for longer.

The set throughout all of the Dance Off The Inches series resembles that of someone's living room, to bring through the theme of 'come on over and party at my house!', though the set on this DVD makes me feel like I'm in someone's kitchen rather than in someone's living room. The set will date quickly, as has been shown in Dance Off the Inches two previous discs.

- Easy to follow

- 10 minute teaching segment good for those new to dance aerobics

- 1-2-3 tempo segments from previous in the series not present in this disc

- Lacking originality in choreography

- Instructor lacking dance oomph

- Set will date quickly

I'd hesitate to recommend this.
22 comments| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 9, 2017
good workout
on December 29, 2013
Im not fussy. If im sweating by the end, the video did its job. Its not too long and its versatile . Youve done one box step and hip swing you have done them all. Just remember your purpose for buying it in the first place , sweat and have fun
on August 15, 2015
Fun, not too challenging, but you will really work up a sweat. I have five DOTI DVD's and none have disappointed.
on May 25, 2008
I found the moves not as simple as explained for an older woman. The instruction moved too quickly and it was hard to figure out for me.
on March 23, 2013
Steps are easy to learn and follow. If you enjoy dancing, it's a fun way to get the exercise you need.
on April 8, 2013
Had borrowed this from our library and decided that it was just what I wanted. As an overweight 68 yr old who danced through her teens, this was just difficult enough without knocking me out. Perfect!