Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dance Dance Revolution DDR Super Deluxe PS1 / PS2 dance pad w/1 in" foam Version 2.0
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

on April 8, 2007
Yes, it's padded. It looks good when you first put it together, but is really not very well made. If you are playing heavy songs, don't expect this pad to stay in one piece for more than three weeks. The top will tear (use duct tape if this happens). Surprisingly, the arrows don't really give you that much trouble- pretty dependable. Good for a beginner, I guess.
on March 7, 2007
I ordered 2 pads, and both of them stopped working after about a month.
on September 4, 2007
i got it and it worked, and then a week later, when i was pressing on the arrows they dont work so my feet was at the center and the down arrow was stuck. i could get to fix it, so im routing for the ignition pad now.
on November 17, 2014
I've owned a number of dance pads before, so I can say with confidence that this one is exactly a two out of five stars. While the foam pad in the center helps relieve pressure from impact, it does dull the arrow response consistently, resulting in very inaccurate song results. Suffice it to say, you will never get an "AAA" with this pad. You'll be lucky to get an "AA" on any heavy song, ever.
on June 2, 2013
My main issues with this pad are that it goes into an out of control spinning mode of going through all the songs and modes as if someone is pressing the buttons. However, this happens when no one is near the pad. To get the pad to stop shuffling through dancers, game modes, and song choices, we have to literally stop play and unplug the unit and plug it back on. This happens often and is a pain when people want to play. Also, the buttons are not accurate. With my old pad, I received double AA* almost every dance. I never scored under an A. Now, I can't do the simplest of songs, songs that I have been dancing for years to without barely pulling a C. The game is useless if it is not accurate. I don't understand why they keep selling mats like this to consumers. These pads are, in fact, problematic if not broken from the minute of unwrapping. Which, that also brings up a point of how poorly wrapped this thing was for shipping to customers. I'm disappointed that I bought a pad and a bunch of games for it and can ever play it due to the problems mentioned above.
on January 6, 2015
Pretty good! Put my sturdy foam pad from my previous pads in there and it worked like a charm.

I just wish I could find a PS2 adapter that supports dance pads and would work on Windows 7.
IF ANYBODY OUT THERE CAN RECOMMEND ONE TO ME, PLEASE DO!!!

Overall I was able to use these on my outdated macbook. Although I'd love to use my Win 7 Desktop computer instead.
on November 20, 2013
Never worked right. I even got a replacement and that one was broken. Such a shame. Poor registration of the buttons, which is the point of the game.

I do love how substantial the pad is with the foam insert though. It keeps you from making too much noise and angering the downstairs neighbors, if you have them.
on October 15, 2015
 There was an exacto knife in my package and it was open. That is a huge safety concern. I don't even know how to explain how upset I am. I got this mat simply so I could use it to have fun. It is not fun to find an open exacto knife when you are excited to open your package. (And accidentally injure yourself) I haven't used the mat yet but looking at it is making me sick.
review image
on January 28, 2015
A great pad overall for the price. I would recommend getting some higher quality denser foam for the center. Over time, it sinks in, creating a bit of a bowl that triggers the arrows, or gets them to stick.The pad's nylon top can be a bit noisy when you are making fast gliding movements. Otherwise, great pad.
on May 29, 2013
I have gone through many DDR pads in my day and this one has given more issues than the rest. Positives: I love the dance pad foam. It makes the whole experience much more pleasurable and easy on the joints. Another positive, it is very easy to assemble. Cons: not very accurate. I'm not sure if there is a breaking in period with this particular dance pad, but very often it does not register I'm hitting an arrow even when I most definitely am. This drives me crazy when it causes me to get "B"s on songs instead of "AA"s like I'm use to. DDR nerds know what I'm talking about :)
I will report back if it starts to improve.