Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dance of The Hours (Pirates of The Caribbean: Jack Sparrow #9)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

on December 9, 2013
My son absolutely loves these series! This series has brought out his passion for reading and he is even able to take reading tests on them at his school. So not only has this book encouraged awesome reading habits, but his grades are sky-rocketing!
on August 31, 2012
My daughter was given the first book in the series and absolutely loved it, so I bought the remaining books. She found the series to be fun and exciting (I didn't read them, so I'm basing this review on her reaction). The best part of this series for me was watching my daughter become a reader. She started reading them when she was 9, and it was the first time she was really excited about getting the next book, forgoing other activities (TV, computer) to finish as much of the book as she could before bedtime.
on December 27, 2012
I didn't know about this series of books, as a fan of the films I stumbled up on these delightful and fun reading books. Having read the VamPirates which is also about pirates and vampires, which read very well indeed.

I highly recommend both of these series.
on December 26, 2007
I bought these books for my 12yr old daughter. She's a huge POTC fan & has gobbled these books down. Now she has the whole set (9 in all). She enjoyed them immensely & wishes more were available.
on April 26, 2008
I love Jack Sparrow, probably more than my ten year old son (but don't tell him that!).
In Dance of the Hours, I was once again on the edge of my seat (or the edge of my son's bed as I read it to him at bedtime) ! Jack is in possession of the time piece that is responsible (with his help, of course)for the world turning upside-down, literally and now he and Fitzwilliam have to fix it or Jack (and everyone else for that matter) will cease to exist.
Great read with pre-historic animals and twists and turns a long the way. I love being transported into Jack's world and I love being able to share it with my son.
VINE VOICEon March 22, 2010
Jack returns in the next volume of the JACK SPARROW series by Rob Kidd, DANCE OF THE HOURS. And this time things really are a mess. The previous book, THE TIMEKEEPER, left things off with Jack in possession of a mystical pocket watch with the ability to stop time. But when the watch starts turning time inward on itself, Jack must survive long enough to stop the watch before all of time collapses. And to make things worse, villains right and left ranging from Davy Jones to Stone-Eyed Sam and Captain Torrents are after him -- and will stop at nothing to either kill him or get the watch for themselves.

There's a lot of action in this book, and Kidd definitely gives us one crazy adventure after another as Jack tries to figure out how to stop everything from being destroyed. The pacing moves things along as usual, and into some rather frenetic action sequences near the end of the book. I almost felt like I was watching a tennis ball flip back and forth as Jack fights with one villain after another. But it doesn't ever feel as if Kidd has overdone it. There's plenty going on, though, building on events from the past eight books. Again, new readers would do better to go back to book one, THE COMING STORM and start from there instead of trying to jump in mid-ship.

And as usual, Kidd spirals things out of control until things seemed resolved, only to turn something completely on its head in the last couple pages. And let me just say, the twist at the end of this book is something that readers will never see coming until it's there. Now to find the next book, SINS OF THE FATHER, and speed through it to see what happens...
on November 30, 2013
great story. my daughter loves these stories about the youthful Jack. Wish the series was longer. Easy and quick to read.
on October 28, 2012
My nine year old son is a big fan of the movies and just loves this series. We have purchased every book in the series.
on December 1, 2007
Reading this series to the kids, blew right through this one, left us hanging for the next one.
on January 29, 2015
The whole set of books are a good read for teens and adults the same, ,.Amazon have the best price any where.