Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$3.99

Showing 1-8 of 8 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 22 reviews
on May 26, 2014
***Spoilers***

I loved this story.

It was refreshingly honest, brutally tragic, and at times lyrical in it's flow. Their connection was so intense that as I read it, I was like this absolutely can not survive. Love this intense and in your face has a slow burn to it, and will torch everything in it's path until it is stamped out. In the first 20%, you had the reunion and in my opinion everything that needed to be said was said. While it was happening I thought what could possibly be in the next 80%, everything is happening NOW. But Ms. Easton you aren't following the formula of second chances... it takes the ENTIRE book for them to figure it out and this one...you didn't. Awesome! But what's next? They both said everything that you imagine someone would say after miscommunication separated them for 5 years. Barbs were thrown, sex was had, and reconciliation happened. There was nothing contrived about it. I felt like I was literally a fly on the wall and this was happening in reality and not fiction land. I liked them both, probably one of the best couples I have ever read.

It was also good to see that it was her that left, even if she really didn't mean to. He was pissed, hurt, and wasn't afraid to show it. She was hurt, unsure, and unafraid to swallow her pride. All of this, again, in the first 20%-25%. The one thing that detracted from it was that he was with someone, and I really hate that. I believe that you need to end a commitment first before starting something else. But as the story continued on I realized had that happened...there would be no story. And the story got even better.

Simone was evil...and lost. I am not a fan of making the other woman vindictive and nasty to pave the way to happily ever after, but in the beginning the reader knew that there had been animosity between Jess and Simone. The wild things that Simone and Jacques did that lead them to the situation that she held over his head, was pretty crazy. It was crazy.

Overall, I liked that this was so different than what you traditionally see in second chance stories. I was a big fan of the heroine, Jessica. She went through a lot growing up and it affected her as an adult. But unlike all the other books out there, it doesn't cripple her to the point that the story is all about that.

There was some editing issues that were minor and didn't detract from the story. Overall a very good read.
on June 17, 2015
I loved the pre-quel to this book, In Between, so much that when I finished it, I made a mad scramble to get Dancing Barefoot.

Amber Lea Easton's characters Jessica Moriarty and Jacques Sinclair are riveting. Dancing Barefoot picks up five years after the end of In Between. Jessica and Jacques haven't seen each other or communicated at all during that time and their lives are very different from those carefree days in Italy. Jacques' career has taken off by leaps and bounds and he's in Boston for an exhibit of his work. Jessica had just earned a huge promotion in her architectural firm.

When he and Jessica run into each other, misunderstanding and miscommunication have left deep wounds. But once they're reunited, they realize that true love can't be stopped by sheer will. They decide to go 'all in'. The situation is complicated. Jessica is still hiding her alcoholic mother and now, Jacques has some hidden secrets of his own. Add to that the interference of spurned former lovers and you end up with a dangerous situation.

I absolutely loved this book. It has the amazing characters we fell in love with in In Between. It has exciting action, nail-biting intrigue, and the romance is hot.
on July 3, 2014
Dancing Barefoot was an an amazing love story filled with such gripping emotions that I often times had to remind myself that I was just reading a book. The story and its characters - Jessica and Jacques - pull you into this story. I don't have as much time to read as I used to, but I found myself making time to find out what would happen next. LOVED IT!
on July 18, 2014
Easton has once again provides the reader with a tale of adventure and romance! I enjoy the twists and turns as the story unfolds. Characters are so well developed. What a great idea using the free blog novel as a hook, it was like getting two books for one! After reading In Between there was no way I was going to miss this book.
Well done Amber Easton.
on March 30, 2016
What a great Follow up to In Between

After a HUGE misunderstanding and 5 years apart Jessica has been living her life. Focusing solely on her career to be the best architect possible. And she has climbing the corporate ladder at her firm, Jessica is making a name for herself. Then out of nowhere she sees Jacques will be in Boston for a book signing.

Jessica can't stand the thought of never talking to Jacques and goes to his book signing to try to see him, talk to him. What she didn't expect to find were a bunch of half naked photographs plastered in the book. Now she has decisions to make and she has to be smart about them. What does she do? She has her career at stake, and this is what she's worked so hard for. She just can't walk away and give it all up?

I don't want to give too much away and spoil this for anyone. Its so hard to describe everything that happens in this book. All I can say is it is fantabulous and READ IT. Seriously. From the second Jacques and Jessica lay eyes on each other, that love connection is still there. maybe even stronger than ever. But what will they do about it, knowing it's 5 years later and they both have separate lives they've been living.

I loved both Jessica and Jacques characters' in Dancing Barefoot just as much, if not more than in In Between. Even the supporting characters were very well thought out and had their own personalities. I couldn't have been happier with the way this series turned out. Even though this can be read as a stand-alone, I highly recommend reading In Between first, so you can get further insight into their relationship. I loved this series and won't be the last of what I read from this author! Def recommend picking these books up.
on October 5, 2014
After five years apart, Jessica has buried herself in her work as a Boston architect and nearly forgotten Jacques and their whirlwind love affair in faraway Italy. When Jacques shows up in Boston for a book signing and to do a photographic exhibit, she can’t stop herself from dropping by. If you want to know what happens next, I suggest you download the book. I highly suggest you grab it now anyway if you like books that draw you in so much you wouldn’t notice if the walls fell down around you. I loved the tangled web of relationships, the realistic emotional battles going on inside the characters, and the non-stop surprises that kept me bouncing uncomfortably in my seat until the final page, where the HEA was delivered and left me sighing with delight. Fantastic read.
on May 24, 2014
I loved the idea of reading the prequel online! Couldn't wait for the whole story and was not disappointed! Excitement, intrigue, twists and turns! Dancing Barefoot has it all! Very hard to put it down!
on August 4, 2014
**spoiler alert**

I was a quite disappointed with Amber Lea Easton's latest novel, "Dancing Barefoot." While I loved her other works, "Anonymity" and "Riptide," this one fell short. While it is an engaging story of romance, with some very interesting characters, there were a few issues that didn't feel at all plausible. I know this is a work of fiction, but still, it didn't work for me.

The story is that Jessica fell in love and got engaged with Jacques when she spent a summer in Italy five years ago. While Jacques was off doing whatever, Jessica gets a call that her mother's in a coma back home in the states. After waiting all day for Jacques to return, Jessica takes off. She leaves everything at their apartment, her clothes, her paintings, her valuables because she has every intention to return. She ends up staying by her mother's side for five weeks. Here's the problem. THERE'S NO NOTE! She never left Jacques a note when she took off. Are you kidding me? Who the hell doesn't leave a note? I'd like to know who would do this? It's beyond ridiculous. She didn't even call him when she was in the states because she didn't have his phone number, or email for that matter. WTF?! She doesn't even have Ava (Jacques' sister) or Carter's (Jacques' best friend) phone number. Here's an idea, dial 411, or the operator to get his number. I guess it would have been too hard for Jacques himself to call her or the operator because I'm guessing he doesn't have her number. When Jessica does return to Italy, Jacques is no longer at their apartment. In fact, Jacques didn't even know that she had returned. And we're to believe that these two are madly in love. Yeah, right.

As time marches on, turns out that Jacques and his girlfriend at the time got into some major trouble in Thailand.

""We were held in a Thai prison for almost a year. Simone was raped repeatedly. I was beaten. We were starved. I refused to use my family's diplomatic connections because I didn't want to shame them. I have money of my own... or had... from the trust fund. I hired an attorney who bribed the right people and made sure any attempts to find me were blocked but... it took time.""

Are you kidding me? He's too proud to ask for help? He'd rather be beaten and starved? Subject his girlfriend to being raped repeatedly? I'm sorry, am I the only one who has a problem with this? Again, yes, I know, this is fiction, but come on! There is no way in hell this could ring true. This is not a hero. I don't care if he loves or doesn't love his girlfriend. He's an *ssh*le is what he is. This is not a personality trait that I find endearing no matter how good looking he is.

When Jessica finds out that her so-called best-friend of ten years, Marc, is out to sabotage her partnership at the firm, is clearly responsible for the setting the fire, sets her up to make it look like she's the arsonist, and is responsible for getting her mother all doped up with heroine on her big night and to further embarrass her in front of her bosses by getting the police involved, what does she do? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Seriously? I've officially lost count on the number of eye-rolls.

So what did I think of the book in the end? I think the author could've taken a different and better route when it came to the H/h splitting up, or where Jacques was for a year. Needless to say, I was very happy when I reached the end as there were times I wanted to chuck it. These issues I've mentioned, they're too major to be ignored. Maybe you can, but I just couldn't get past it they were so ridiculous.