- File Size: 566 KB
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: July 14, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B073YDWRC7
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #17,074 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Dancing with Fire Kindle Edition
|Word Wise: Enabled|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
But the road to happiness for these two is fraught with challenges. Danica’s past intrudes and her intense need for independence and innate stubbornness preclude her from accepting Remy’s freely offered help. The advance copy I read of this book was my first work by Ms. Knight (I’ve read Ellie Danes before and really like her books), and it was a sweet, well written romance. I loved Remy’s character and the fact that he refused to give up on Danica. The book was enjoyable, but his character alone would make it worth reading.
I gave this book 4 stars only because I felt that Remy, the male character, is not very believable. He comes across as very weak, falling in love almost at the drop of a hat. Even his father is one dimensional and there is nothing bad in either of these males' personality. Remy's desire to please Danica and his inadequacies in dealing with the threat against her made me cringe. It would have been nice to see him show a bit of spine.
There is a HEA despite some dark problems for our heroine. I won't spoil the ending and leave it to you to guess at what route the author(s) went for the resolution. No cliffhangers here, either.
I recommend this book, but if you are looking for a dominant male, you may want to realize that you aren't going to get your fix here.
I received an advance reader copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
Someone please tell me that this book was part of a high school writing contest. I can say that I was less than impressed and,in fact, truly bored by this book.
It had so much potential - good girl with crappy parents makes a hard decision to escape that life and survive on her own in the big city. Meets gorgeous (I am assuming, because no good description of either character was ever really provided) millionaire but has her dreams shattered as some random person that may or may not be associated with someone from her past makes threats against her and her hunky rich dude.
Stupid decisions are made, hearts are broken and then somewhat mended. Like something out of "Pretty Woman", the book ends in an unrealistic HEA.
I would have, honestly, given it only one star had it not actually had a promising plot line. But sadly, there wasn't enough substance to the writing to support it.
Most recent customer reviews
This is the 1st book I’ve read written by Lily Knight and truly enjoyed reading it.Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Coming of Age
- Books > Romance > Romantic Comedy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Coming of Age
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Action & Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Humor
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > New Adult & College
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Romantic Comedy