Dancing With The Stars: Latin Cardio Dance [DVD]
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Now for those with no musicality or rhythm, it may be harder for you to pick up and follow. I suggest just focusing on one segment until you master it. Watch the segment through a couple of times first then follow along and anytime it gets too complicated or you haven't mastered that step yet, just return to the basic step and keep trying till you get it.
And...you can take the steps you learn in this video, get with a partner and actually do them out on a dance floor! So, if you bought this video thinking you'll be able to apply what you learn on the dance floor, you can, but if you aren't a strong dancer and don't pick up choreography quick, try taking lessons from an instructor and use this video for practice.
I did not like this DVD because:
1. There was a lot of standing and stepping with arms close. My heartrate monitor never made it to a full cardio workout.
2. I thought that the instruction was just okay. Not enough advanced warning as to what was coming up next. Now we'll do a cha-cha and "GO!"
3. I thought the instructors were not as "fun" as the first DWTS DVD. They were monotone and almost boring. Not quite, but close.
I really wanted to like this one because of the funtionality of it, but it didn't work for me....maybe for beginners?
The DVD is 60 minutes of a great cardio workout. Even though other reviewers, who are already in great shape, were not particularly pleased, I am. It's been awhile since I have done a strenuous workout. Well, folks, you will get one here!! I have gone through the entire 60 minute program twice and have yet to complete each dance segment. (I'm too out-of-breath.)
Here's what I found:
1. Cheryl led the five-minute warm-up. These exercises must be universal because I did most of them with Jane Fonda back in the day. (Note: It is really fun to see Maksim going through these simple, slow routines as opposed to his lightning quick moves on the floor. He looks just like a normal guy in an aerobics class. Funny. Cheryl looks good.)
2. Chery led the first workout, "Merengue." Her teaching style is simple and direct, yet encouraging. When she shows the next step, she has the class continue to do the preceding movement, then adds the new. Because this is a cardio workout, there is no stopping to show in detail what she is doing. That is the purpose of the rewind button. Better yet, do these routines in front of a mirror or sideways to your television screen so that you can better process what is next. I found facing the screen made me do double processing: seeing, translating to the other side of my body, then doing. Standing sideways eliminates the translating step.
3. Cha-Cha is a 10-minute dance workout with Maksim. Surprise of surprises!Read more ›
Pros: good cardio (I broke a sweat in all segments except the warmup); fun moves (not your traditional aerobic exercise video); ability to customize workouts.
Cons: rapid progress from beginning moves to more advanced moves (as someone who has taken face-to-face lessons enough to dance in social situations, I felt off-rhythm often and knew that due to the speed, I wasn't performing the moves technically.)
Suggestions: moving forward, I will customize the workout to include the warm-up, 1 dance and the toning exercises. Once that dance is mastered, I will add in a second dance. Therefore, increasing my length of exercise, but also increasing my confidence in the routines. I've found that if I get discouraged during a routine, I'm unlikely to want to continue the exercise, which is the ultimate goal.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Video is good. As a beginner, some of the steps take a little longer to learn. However, the pace is slow enough that you can pick the moves up in god time. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Sally
This is very unprofessional and does not give any kind of decent workout. It's poorly directed and it looks like the "trainers" have never watched a workout video; they... Read morePublished 5 months ago by Rose Garden
At first I was excited to get this DVD, but quickly learned that these steps are not for people who do not have ANY experience in Latin dance. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Jazzy
I really like this one. It has 10 minute sections and the dances know how to teach.Published 5 months ago by W. Steller
Double duty DVD - latin dance lessons plus great conditioning workout.Published 7 months ago by Mary T.
My wife loves dancing and DWTS in particular. However, she didn't appreciate this as a gift, "I could make you look like such a dick on FaceBook right now". Read morePublished 8 months ago by PD