Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 163 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 255 reviews
on January 6, 2016
Overall, I like this DVD, but it's not one to start with if you don't have dance experience or haven't tried the other Dancing With the Stars DVDs. I also have the DVD with Cheryl Burke, and she taught the steps first (going through them slowly) before doing them at tempo. On this DVD, they go right into the dances at tempo, and you have to be able to keep up or you'll get lost. One thing I really like about this one is that there are arm movements added to the dances, and it isn't just footwork.
on April 7, 2017
I love this series of dance exercise videos. I get a good workout, they're fun, and I learn a few dance moves along the way.
on March 8, 2008
I have purchased many workout videos over the years, this one is at the top of my list. Essentially, there is a warmup, 4 different dance routines and a cool down. The routines are easy to follow and don't put too much strain on any joints or muscles. It is great cardio exercise, really fun and using dance steps makes you forget that you are exercising! The only way it could have been improved is slightly better music and a better costume on one of the instructors. For me it was distracting as her pants were cut so low, I kept expecting them to slip. This however could work as motivation for some to keep watching and working out, so maybe that's a good thing.
on May 12, 2007
This looked like it was going to be great until I got up and tried to follow these instructors. Nice to watch, but not easy to see. There is very little content with actual instruction and it wasn't made with a focus on the consumer. I don't think they bothered to view it before they put it out as it's nearly impossible to see their feet with dark lighting and black pants and shoes that they all wear. The two to five second explanations on the dance steps weren't near enough to provide direction without frustration - it was just hard to follow along with. I had high expectations being that I've bought other ballroom style videos, and though I knew this was for cardio, I still expected some type of instruction being that these instructors are supposed to be the best out there. If you want a good cardio dance workout that's easy to follow, try the Crunch Cardio Salsa DVD Crunch - Cardio Salsa. If you want good dance instruction that's easy to follow, try one of these -Swing Dancing for Beginners Volume 1 (Shawn Trautman's Dance Collection),A Quick Start Guide to Line Dancing (Shawn Trautman's Learn to Dance Series), or Learn to Salsa Dance Video Series, Vol 1: Salsa Dancing Guide for Beginners - you'll actually be able to dance after each of them.
on April 28, 2007
I am not a dancer - no training. I am a personal trainer/bodybuilder which means my body is the antithesis of a dancer's body. I'm not flexible nor do I move quickly. Coordination is next to none. That being said, here's what I thought of the video.

If it weren't for the personalities of the instructors, this video would be awful. Obviously, they are not group fitness instructors. They don't announce what they are doing before they do it. They mention 'dance terms' like we know what they are talking about. Rarely did they cue us with 'right or left'. With the exception of the 'grapvine' and 'step, tap', I was lost. On a good note, I kept moving and doing my own thing and I was breaking a sweat using non-impact moves. This is the reason I rated the video a 3. If you just try to follow and don't worry about doing it perfectly, you will get a low impact workout.

If they had a section of the video where they would just show us the steps, step by step, I think it would have improved this video tremendously. Alas, they don't. I'm going to try to study the steps - break down the choreography - over the next couple of weeks and then try the workout again.

So if you get frustrated easily, or if you want instant gratification, this video is not for you. If you want a low impact workout and are ok with 'doing your own thing', then this is fine for the price.
on June 17, 2017
some of it is hard to follow as most moves are fast. Only half though
on August 16, 2007
First, I love this workout more than any other DVD I have ever owned, and I have tried most workouts it seems. The reason I love this one is because it's fun...and it's harder to quit something you enjoy doing!

HOWEVER...this workout is not good for beginners, people who have never set foot in a dance studio, people who admittedly have two left feet, or people who have trouble following along without instruction. As one reviewer stated, there is hardly any explanation on the steps, but most are common if you've had training. It is a very fast workout, especially the jive, and though I am not a doctor, that is not the segment you want to do if you are new to working out and have little endurance. It's super high intensity, and something you will have to work up to.

The Paso Doble segment is my favorite. It's slightly more relaxed, lower intensity, and manageable for beginners.

But if you are committed then you will eventually catch on to the steps, and you will have as much fun as I'm having! I finally look forward to working out each day!
on March 2, 2016
Good workouts, if only it did the workout for me! Ha!
on May 3, 2007
This DVD covers 4 dances: Jive, Paso Doble, Cha-Cha and Samba. I have had some ballroom dancing, but am a fitness instructor by trade. Although the dance moves are fun, I agree with the other reviewers that the dancers are terrible instructors and give no queing whatsoever. I have had enough dance experience that I could perform the moves, although someone not very coordinated would have a tough time. I found the Paso boring and they should have traded it for the Mambo. I have used many of the moves in my fitness classes (with more instruction and breakdown of the moves). The Jive is very fast and difficult. The challenge/bonus/freestyle that they do at the end of the DVD is ridiculous. They cannot even follow eachother and I could not follow it either. They use technical dance terms (I simply looked them up) and they are definitely not fitness or dance instructors, but rather "dancers." Looking at this video, I realize why some of the celebrities get frustrated learning the steps if this is how they teach them. This video is better for people who have had dance instruction and are very coordinated. If you do not fall into either of those categories, skip this one as there is no breakdown of the dance moves. I agree with the other reviewer that Ashley's voice is very irritating with that constant chirping.
on May 14, 2007
I like this video, but I have taken dance lessons throughout my life. The instructors do try to tell you what to do, but there is no step-by-step instructions so you have to watch intently, which means you are watching them dance instead of dancing yourself. Personally, I do not like one of the dances, but the other three are fun.

This is only the second exercise video I have ever purchased. I like dancing for exercise, so I keep doing it, but I think that these instructors are versed in teaching classes, not doing exercise videos, so they have trouble teaching the steps AND making the video a workout. This would GREATLY benefit from a starter DVD that taught all the steps so that by the time you get to the dances you know what you're doing and what to expect.