Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning LastTycoon LastTycoon LastTycoon  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

on March 21, 2017
Very good at this price point. Admittedly, I have love for Dano produces and I own more than a dozen of their pedals from the various lines they make. This pedal sounds good and is more durable than you would expect from a plastic pedal. The knob placement is a wee bit annoying but you get used to it. The knobs control the mix, the number of repeats, and the speed of the repeat. The knobs are responsive however the maximum time of the delay is only about 600 ms. That said, the delay trails nicely and sits in the mix well. If you are trying to nail the solo on 'Comfortably Numb' and want to do it on the cheap, this will get you there.

That said, there are now other inexpensive pedals on the market (by Donner, Joyo, and Monoprice) that sound as good as the Dano but that also have metal enclosures and true bypass- and they are roughly the same price. I would recommend checking those out if you are looking for an inexpensive digital delay.
on July 27, 2017
I freaking love this pedal! I was in a psychedelic 3 piece and had a lot of room for experimentation... This pedal was a favorite "goto" on my board. Sounds amazing with bass. Used it live and on 4 albums! Its killer. I had one that seemed to loose its effectiveness after about a year and a half of heavy use... But whatever its 25 bucks. Its by far the cheapest pedal I own... And I think that's why its my favorite. Other bands, and your own bandmates, will make fun of it when the see it. But they'll shut their pie hole once they hear it.

I also use it with a moog sub party in a new wave synth pop group. Works amazing with synths as well! This item is the best way to spend 25 bucks EVER. Lol. No joke.
on June 18, 2013
The price was really low. I'd seen people use them at music gigs and thought I'd try one. I have a Roland Space Echo pedal and a Fulltone Tube Tape Echo (TTE). The TTE is the standard. It sounds amazing, but it's a lot of messing around to get it working right. OK for a studio, but not great live. I bought the Roland because, set at the 2 o'clock selector setting (echo +reverb) and with the volumes and treble set at 9 o'clock and bass set at 3 o'clock, the thing sounds about like my favorite TTE setting. (Too much volume or treble and it starts to sound tinny and bad.) Change sweep frequency of the effect with the tap-tune pedal and you're there. The box for this one, however is a heavy, double-size metal casting with flashing lights that are distracting (I put tape over most of the light...just enough to see the sweep frequency shows).

Well, I bought the FAB thinking it would be pretty awful but maybe a cool limited use effect.... It's terrific! The echo could be a touch stronger, but for work with a band, you don't want too much anyway. It's a nice little pedal and I'm starting to use it in place of the Roland. Push it with a good overdrive pedal and a bit of Chorus and you're in Trower-ville. The shape of the case is bad for tie-wrapping to my plexiglass board though.
on March 13, 2016
"I just want something like a quarter-note echo that starts out at maybe half to two-thirds the volume of the original note, repeats three or four times, trailing off in a pleasant way."

This pedal will do that BEAUTIFULLY.

600ms is enough to even get you half notes if the tempo is quicker. The delay level and feedback will also allow for much higher and lower levels, but this pedal really shines at getting that sweet spot for a great lead guitar sound, or the early 1980s U2 guitar sound.

Do not be fooled by the low price. This pedal sounds GORGEOUS. It's inexpensive because it's plastic and lacking in advanced features. That said, it's extremely sturdy hard plastic. Don't stomp on it with steel toed boots and it'll be fine. And it has the features you need for a good delay sound. It would be GREAT to have tap-tempo in a unit this price, but with as good as this thing sounds, I'm OK with turning a knob.
on November 10, 2014
As always people consider that just because it's cheap it can't be good, but I really didn't look this pedal for the Delay, after having my Line 6 spider IV amp and loving the tape echo effect I spent months looking for a pedal that was able to emulate the same effect as my amp, but didn't Want to spend a lot on a pedal with that unique effect, so I found this one and gave it and try since I saw a video on YouTube where they made it sound close to what I was looking for, so finally I got it and I have to say, for the settings I have It on it doesn't affect my sound with bad noise and it sounds just what I was looking for, very please with this for acoustic, and distortion for solos as a tape echo pedal!
on March 8, 2014
I'm relatively new to effects pedals but have a good idea of what each pedals purpose is. I'm working on building a very large board of relatively cheap pedals (boss, behringer, danelectro, joyo types) and needed a cheaper delay to add to the mix. The danelectro delay does exactly what I need to with a price to match my budget.

Its quite simple...3 self explanatory knobs to adjust. Delay;time;rate. Single switch to "stomp."

Each does what it is supposed to and does it very well...for the price especially. I found it very easy to dial in an acceptable tone and with only a bit of play I had it perfect for what I was searching for. Very simple, again.

Its built well. yes, its plastic but if you're going to buy it you may as well care for it.

Switch and knobs are responsive. Only complaint is the knobs in front but I dont care. It is set where it needs to be sooo...yah not much to say there.

Worth every penny to me. Don't hesitate for a week like I did. Just get it. Hell, for the price match it with the Danelectro Fab Chorus. It'll be fun.
on August 18, 2016
This one had the time knob broken for about 30% of its range; right in the middle of the range too. It would just 'stick' at a given time, then as it kept 'dialing through' it would pick up around 30%-40% further through its range of motion. If you get on which works properly, it's a good pedal. I sent mine back.
on February 3, 2014
this is very inexpensive and works great for my home-wanna be purposes. it is not superloaded with heavy delay, etc. but it definitely gives you the effect. it links well with other pedals. the Battery wears out pretty quick and it does not come with a 9 v plug in. therefore, I would recommend spending a couple of bucks and get a standard 9V plug in on Amazon or at a local electronics store and not worry about the batteries always going dead.

I like it enough that I will probably get a few more of this company's petals as the effect is good and the price is right.

for my limited purposes, this works great. if you are a pro gigging or on the road, you probably want to get a more versitile, heavy duty and expensive delay petal.
on August 27, 2011
Was a little hesitant to get a stomp pedal, especially a delay, for this price. But I figured, how can you go wrong...if it's not good, at least you're not out a lot of money. I've been thoroughly impressed with this pedal. Much more sturdy than it appears in photos. I actually like that the input and output jacks are at the front of it. Works great so far and don't regret purchasing...worth every dime...where else can you get a great-functioning delay pedal for this price?
on July 1, 2015
It may not have every bell and whistle on it, but this Danelectro D-8 delay pedal will serve many players well for a surprisingly little amount of cash. Decent amount of delay time, three easy-to-use controls. This is a basic, no-frills delay that's a lot of fun, especially when you're practicing in your bedroom.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.