YED Save up to 90% on textbooks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 New Year, New You Valentines Day STEM Shop Popular Services TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Now NYNN

on August 27, 2011
Was a little hesitant to get a stomp pedal, especially a delay, for this price. But I figured, how can you go wrong...if it's not good, at least you're not out a lot of money. I've been thoroughly impressed with this pedal. Much more sturdy than it appears in photos. I actually like that the input and output jacks are at the front of it. Works great so far and don't regret purchasing...worth every dime...where else can you get a great-functioning delay pedal for this price?
on January 12, 2012
I purchased the Dano Fab Delay here on Amazon. Best $20 or so I've ever spent.
The pedal works exactly as stated. This is obviously not a super long delay and it's not the fanciest or most expensive, but the regenerated sound is dynamic and the decay trails perfectly.
I have been playing for a long time professionally and casually and would trust this pedal through the entire gambit.
The price is right and the effect is excellent.
Doesn't have to be expensive to be awesome.
Take the leap on this one.
You won't regret it.
on August 25, 2011
I've had this for maybe two full years now and honestly feel this is the best sounding effects pedal I own. I bought it at a local store for $30.00 on a chance since I've always been enamoured with the Danelectro style (not so much sound and designs).

The only reason I don't play this pedal every day is after awhile I needed something with a lot more diversity. I ended up buying a TC Electronic Flashback Delay. The price was much more than this pedal, but has an amazing list of options for it. Unfortunately, it is vastly more complicated to use than the Danelectro and doesn't sound as nice.

Pros:
Very simple to use.
Easy to find the right level for you.
Bright, bright LED to let you know it's on (don't look directly at it, you'll be seeing spots for a few minutes).
Very inexpensive when you look at the alternatives.
An exceptionally dreamy sound.

Cons:
Not true bypass.
Doesn't come with an AC charger (but does come with a battery, at least mine did)
Drains batteries fast.
The Red line marker on the knobs can be hard to see (you may want to add some bright ink over the existing marks).
The knobs are an absolute pain to reach and move due to their location. So not great if you're changing it a lot.

Other:
It is made of plastic, but since the plastic is so durable and sturdy I have no concerns about breaking it.
It is pretty small, as far as effects pedals go.

So what does this all mean? If you want a simple, easy to use pedal that sounds freaking amazing and won't 'cause you to cringe at the price than this is the one for you. If you want to be able to customize a lot of options, have no end of sounds, and don't mind spending some extra money than the Flashback is for you. Or do what I did, and buy both. They're both great.
on June 18, 2013
The price was really low. I'd seen people use them at music gigs and thought I'd try one. I have a Roland Space Echo pedal and a Fulltone Tube Tape Echo (TTE). The TTE is the standard. It sounds amazing, but it's a lot of messing around to get it working right. OK for a studio, but not great live. I bought the Roland because, set at the 2 o'clock selector setting (echo +reverb) and with the volumes and treble set at 9 o'clock and bass set at 3 o'clock, the thing sounds about like my favorite TTE setting. (Too much volume or treble and it starts to sound tinny and bad.) Change sweep frequency of the effect with the tap-tune pedal and you're there. The box for this one, however is a heavy, double-size metal casting with flashing lights that are distracting (I put tape over most of the light...just enough to see the sweep frequency shows).

Well, I bought the FAB thinking it would be pretty awful but maybe a cool limited use effect.... It's terrific! The echo could be a touch stronger, but for work with a band, you don't want too much anyway. It's a nice little pedal and I'm starting to use it in place of the Roland. Push it with a good overdrive pedal and a bit of Chorus and you're in Trower-ville. The shape of the case is bad for tie-wrapping to my plexiglass board though.
on January 2, 2012
I love these cheap little pedals.

I don't know if these would make a long tour with rough use - but they will be good for small club use with a careful handler.

Great for around the house and rehearsal.

A little noisy - but what do you expect at this price, right?

So far very reliable after a few months of use. I will take this out on a little club tour and post back with problems and reliability concerns and if there are any preventative measures to address beforehand.

Otherwise - great product. They look cool also - like something out of the 60's Star Trek or something.

*************************************

09/27/2013

I still use this pedal on my main pedal board - it just sounds so good!

Sound guy asked me about it the other night - and when I showed it to him he didn't believe me.

$10 for some of the best analog delay sounds out there - who needs boutique pedals?
on March 5, 2012
This Danelectro delay is the best I have found for distorted leads. It has excellent ducking, allowing the primary note to dominate, but still having noticeable smooth echo going on.

I have many delays, including a vintage 600ms analog delay with the 12 volt MN3007 chips and a digital delay. The vintage analog is excellent for clean guitar, and the digital delay is great for pristine repeats, but the Danelectro sits right in the middle of these two and is the best for distorted leads.

This may be because the Danelectro uses the common but well regarded Princeton PT2399 chip, which is a digital chip, but is run through filtering that gives it an analog sound.

And the price is ridiculous.
on July 1, 2012
Got the Danelectro D-8 yesterday, and it's a fine delay! I saw the prior reviews, and I got curious. I thought I'd better see what all the fuss was about. I'm glad I did! This is a neat little pedal, and it sounds good. It gives you all the good sounding delays, and it gives you a good range of them. It may not give you all the bells and whistles of other delays, but at this price, you can't go wrong. I got mine though Young's Music Shop and it arrived 3 days after I ordered it, and I live in L.A. and they're in Minnesota, I think! Can't go wrong with that!
on November 10, 2014
As always people consider that just because it's cheap it can't be good, but I really didn't look this pedal for the Delay, after having my Line 6 spider IV amp and loving the tape echo effect I spent months looking for a pedal that was able to emulate the same effect as my amp, but didn't Want to spend a lot on a pedal with that unique effect, so I found this one and gave it and try since I saw a video on YouTube where they made it sound close to what I was looking for, so finally I got it and I have to say, for the settings I have It on it doesn't affect my sound with bad noise and it sounds just what I was looking for, very please with this for acoustic, and distortion for solos as a tape echo pedal!
on February 3, 2014
this is very inexpensive and works great for my home-wanna be purposes. it is not superloaded with heavy delay, etc. but it definitely gives you the effect. it links well with other pedals. the Battery wears out pretty quick and it does not come with a 9 v plug in. therefore, I would recommend spending a couple of bucks and get a standard 9V plug in on Amazon or at a local electronics store and not worry about the batteries always going dead.

I like it enough that I will probably get a few more of this company's petals as the effect is good and the price is right.

for my limited purposes, this works great. if you are a pro gigging or on the road, you probably want to get a more versitile, heavy duty and expensive delay petal.
on March 8, 2014
I'm relatively new to effects pedals but have a good idea of what each pedals purpose is. I'm working on building a very large board of relatively cheap pedals (boss, behringer, danelectro, joyo types) and needed a cheaper delay to add to the mix. The danelectro delay does exactly what I need to with a price to match my budget.

Its quite simple...3 self explanatory knobs to adjust. Delay;time;rate. Single switch to "stomp."

Each does what it is supposed to and does it very well...for the price especially. I found it very easy to dial in an acceptable tone and with only a bit of play I had it perfect for what I was searching for. Very simple, again.

Its built well. yes, its plastic but if you're going to buy it you may as well care for it.

Switch and knobs are responsive. Only complaint is the knobs in front but I dont care. It is set where it needs to be sooo...yah not much to say there.

Worth every penny to me. Don't hesitate for a week like I did. Just get it. Hell, for the price match it with the Danelectro Fab Chorus. It'll be fun.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.