Danger Mouse - The Complete Seasons 3 & 4
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- 14 episodes on two discs
- Theme song sing-along
- Character descriptions
Top Customer Reviews
Some might think this animation was cheaply done. I guess it was. But there are many Japanese anime series that use the same style - limited character movement and the occasional real live background inserted into the animation.
Series 3 + 4 might be better known to some US viewers because these aired on Nickelodeon during the mid 1980's. The show was taken off the air at Nickelodeon not long after these went out, although Cosgrove-Hall continued producing them into the early 90's.
Drawbacks are these episodes are shown the way they aired in the UK as five minute cliffhangers and you have to sit through the theme music/credits over and over and over. That's partly why I went with four stars. That and the extras are kind of weak. I might have liked to see an interview with Mark Hall or Brian Cosgrove reflecting on these particular stories.
I enjoyed Danger Mouse and his clumsy sidekick Penfold twenty years ago. Now I'm enjoying them all over again with my Middle Schooler.
18. The Invasion of Colonel K: Baron Greenback invades Colonel K's mind to steal all of its secrets. This a great episode. A
19. Danger Mouse Saves The World...Again: Will Danger Mouse lose his thoughts? And the world its signposts? Good episode overall, but the ending was a bit weak. B
20. The Odd Ball Runaround: Danger Mouse & Penfold carry plans from Australia to London. By far the best episode of this season. A+
21. The Strange case of the Ghost Bus: Ghost buses sink ships in the Indian Ocean. There's a reason this episode is only 11 minute; they only had enough funny material for a 5 minute episode & rather than torture us they decided just to make it short. There are some laughs, but not enough. C-
22. The Trip To America: A Texan helps Danger Mouse recover the world's greatest buildings. This is a short episode I wish was longer. Texas Jack McGraw is a funny character. B+
23. The Wild, Wild Goose Chase: A new gizmo leads Danger Mouse to Baron Greenback's hideouts. This is a terrific episode to start season 4 with. A+
24. The Return of Count Duckula: Duckula is back, & he'll turn every political figure in Britain into wannabe thespians unless he gets his own TV show! Can DM & Penfold stop him? The first episode wastes time recapping Duckua's first appearance, but the rest is excellent. A
25. Demons Aren't Dull: But this episode is.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I enjoy this cartoon and miss watching it on TV i am glad that i got it and to watch it again.Published on May 30, 2013 by Kurt Mstoecklhuber
I first experienced Danger Mouse while stationed in Europe. When the Chance to purchase the entire series became available I jumped at it. All the characters are unique.Published on March 9, 2011 by J. F. Karnitz