Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 11-20 of 329 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 492 reviews
on June 14, 2012
This was an excellent book--one of Dee Henderson's best. It had an engaging plot, interesting characters, and just the right amount of tension. I did question why the FBI hadn't checked the possible law enforcement around the area where the crime had taken place to find who'd been gone at the times that would indicate the culprit. They had been so thorough with everything else. However, I still enjoyed the book immensely. It was great to read a clean, serious romance where the main characters' faith was important to them and how they lived.
on June 4, 2016
This was a great book! I finally decided to start reading these Dee Henderson books I have been hoarding! I am more familiar with her newer work but hadn't read her old stuff. What a treat this was! This is the story of Sara Walsh, an acclaimed author, and her brother Dave, who happens to be an FBI agent. Sara went through a horrible experience when she was a child, and she requires 24 hour around the clock protection. This book had the perfect blend of romance and suspense and I loved it. I am excited to start the O'Malley series!
on May 13, 2012
Dee Henderson does an extaordinary job in this prequel. It is the first book by this author that I have read and I was not disappointed. Sara Walsh is a woman with dark memories and a horrifying past. At the age of six she and her twin sister Kim were held captive by two men for nine excruciating days, after which they were found...but one day late, as only one made it out alive. One of the captors was apprehended, the other is still at large and years later as a grown woman Sara is still looking over her shoulders in fear...and with good reason. The captor sends packages to her father (an ambassador) on each special occasion, to taunt Sara, to remind her that he will come for her. Surrounded by security at all times her life has no privacy. Her brother David is part of the FBI team and part of her security that is dedicated to finding the kidnapper and ending this nightmare. Along the way Sara meets Adam Black a famous football player who is determined to win her heart, while Sara is determined not to get into a relationship. Her life is complicated and dangerous and she has no wish to put this burden on another person no matter how much she loves him. Without giving up the ending I would say that this is an awsome book. I have read some of the reviews for it, one among which there was a complaint that this is a Christian book and it is not labeled as such (though the tags clearly show that it is and the description of the author also makes this clear)... and I would like to say, yes, it is a Christian book, but a wonderful book that will keep you reading to the very end. It shows a journey of a survivor who is riddled with guilt for having survived while her twin sister did not. Also it is full of suspense, and I will say right when you think it's over...well it's not. There is only one reason I am giving it four stars and that is because I thought the begining was a bit slow paced, but it did pick up and I loved it. Great, great, great read!!!
I loved this book and cannot wait to read the other 6 in the O'Malley Family series. What a refreshing change! No bad or crude language! Written from a Christian perspective. I was in the process of giving up most of my reading because I did not think it was pleasing to the Lord for my mind to be so entrenched in the smut that many of the suspense thrillers contain. Not that I did not enjoy reading them but it was not good for my mind and heart. I am not a prude...actually far from it but these books help me to have a cleaner mind and purer heart and reminds me of God's love and mercy.

I appreciate that these books can convey a pure relationship that grows into love and devotion without the sex and lust coming first.

Kudos to you Dee Henderson and God Bless.
on November 17, 2015
Danger in the Shadows is the prequel to the romantic suspense series, The O'Malleys, written by Christian author Dee Henderson.
on March 15, 2014
Though not officially in the O'Malley series, this book is Henderson's best. Suspense is high but all things work out well for the main characters in the end. Sadly, what could have been a truly great series, the O'Malley books are severely damaged by Jennifer's sickness and death. That said, this book is as the rest of the series should have been. Read it, and if you like it, read the successive books through #3 "The Truth Seeker." Leave the series there and imagine that through the prayers of the family that Jennifer is healed. It is a much better ending to what follows. The next two books are ok but Jennifer dies in the last one. Sadly, the whole series could have been written much better' something I did for my own satisfaction. Henderson gave me the personal license to do this since the story line of her characters and their work relationships to each other are hardly realistic in real life anyway. That said, a much better ending is to have the newly Christian family lay hands on Jennifer and pray that her cancer be healed. Though not common, I personally know people who have witnessed this miracle and have been healed. Given the fact that the O'Malley family seems to be able to do everything else under their unusual common bond, that ending, though rare, would certainly have fit the reality and fortitude of the O'Malley family as a whole. But Henderson is too enamored by death and destruction to see that possibility. At the end of the day, she kills one of her most beloved characters and leaves her readers in pain and agony. Yea, I get the point that heaven is real, and I believe it like her Christian characters. But in life, I deal with enough death as it is and I definitely don't want to re-experience it in books that I read for pleasure. And since Henderson's basic theological assumptions are way off of the Biblical truths, the pain is even more difficult. I am so glad that I re-wrote the last book the way it should have been written. It is really a nice read. It's too bad that it can't be published.
on June 1, 2013
I loved this books. The romance is the stuff that dreams are made of. The storyline is one of intrigue and keeps you on the edge of your seat throughout. The added bonus is the relationships that the characters have with God and the dialogue that they share with us throughout the book helped me strengthen my own relationship with God. I read this story in one sitting and highly recommend it. You won't be disappointed.
on July 2, 2012
I agree with all of the other one-star reviewers who say that this type of fiction should have its own Christian-themed category. The characters in this book are boring, boring, boring...maybe because they are so squeaky clean (no drinking, not even a glass of wine with dinner, no sex, barely even a kiss, and Bible verses thrown at us on every other page). I am a Christian and go to church but I don't need religion shoved down my throat when I'm trying to read a suspense novel. And by the way, a piece of useful info--Adam, the romantic interest in this book, owns a Siberian Husky and is always letting him run on the beach. A Husky can never, never be left off leash, no matter how affectionate or seemingly well trained it is. These dogs are bred to run and, given the chance, that's what they do. I currently own two of them so I speak from experience. The dog in the book is also described as being "massive." Huskies typically weigh about 50 pounds and are not overly large dogs, certainly not "massive." The author needs to do her research.
on August 20, 2011
Danger in the Shadows is the prequel to Dee Henderson's well-known O'Malley Series about seven foster children who grow up and create their own adopted family. Dee Henderson writes wonderful Christian suspense. The protagonist, Sara Walsh, lives in constant hiding from her childhood kidnapper. The man who kidnapped her never completed his mission. She is his only loose end. Sara lives in constant fear of the little presents and letters left by her childhood kidnapper. Afraid of the dark and fearing for her life, Sara attempts to live a normal life as a children's book writer. Sara lives a secluded life in the protection of her FBI brother, Dave. That is, until one fateful night when she meets famous retired football player, Adam Black. Can Sara follow her heart and stay out of Adam's spotlight? This is a MUST read! If you like suspense and romance all-in-one, this is the book for you!

Dee Henderson did an amazing job with this book giving the readers an emotional connection with Sara. You cried when she cried. You were scared when she was scared. Being an only child, I have always wanted an older brother. I connected with Sara and was intrigued by the protective older brother, Dave. The romance was a main part of the book. Although you don't find out more about Dave's romance until later in the O'Malley series, I enjoyed the romance between Adam and Sara. Every woman wants the type of man Adam is. He is persistent and focused on Sara. When Sara is dismissive, Adam pursues her.

The book is fast-moving that keeps the reader's attentions throughout. No slow start for this book!
on May 5, 2015
it was an awesome book! It kept you going from the first pages, and just when you thought you knew what was going to happen something totally out of the blue did. Dee Henderson is an amazing author and I can't wait to read the rest of the series! I'm sure I will fall In love with all the rest of the books and the characters in the books, I would recommend this book to all people! I gave this a 5 star rating because it was great!