Industrial Deals HPC Trade in your textbooks Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

Dangerous Liaisons
Format: DVD|Change

on September 16, 2015
John Malkovich and Glenn Close are completely at ease in drawing rooms, the opera and formal gardens as they plot the demise of the chaste and pure. Michelle Pfeifer at her angelic best (has anyone ever been so beautiful?), a vulnerable Uma Thurman, and Keanu Reeves as wooden as we have come to expect. Costumes and sets are of the highest caliber....wardrobes have really gone downhill since the Revolution.
on April 10, 2015
I love this movie. It provides a good glimpse into the world/historical time period that the characters lived in and how limited the roles for women were. Their only power was there reputation. Glen Close did a wonderful job depicting how such a strict social environment can corrupt a woman. All of the actors were great. Intrigue, manipulation, malice, revenge and betrayal are all part of the plot. A great movie.

I have to add an update to this review. While I still love this movie, I can't stand movies that scenes have been deleted from. I am very disappointed in the companies that think their audiences have such a small attention span that they won't notice that scenes, however trivial they may seem to the plot, have been deleted. I just bought this movie from Amazon and now I will have to try to sell it and go in search sites that guarantee uncut movies. I have no interest in interviews with directors or actors. All I ask is that the work itself, is preserved in it's entirety, whether it is a work of art or simply entertainment. Does anyone know where I can find DVD's that are guaranteed to be uncut?
on February 2, 2016
I put off watching this film for many years and now that i have seen it I am sorry I did not see it sooner! The story itself was most engaging and the acting by the entire cast was marvelous! Glen Close portrays her character with such beauty,wit and cunning and the nuances heard in her voice and seen on her face add such a vividness and humanity to a character created 230 years ago. The film is beautiful and I encourage you to see it.
on April 20, 2012
I saw this film when it was first released, at the cinema, on VHS and DVD. The Blu-ray release looks fabulous - crystal clear, vivid and exact colors - every detail is there. For Francophiles who love this period, there is no movie that captures it better. The costumes are incredible - two of Glenn Close's gowns are almost exact copies of dresses worn by Madame de Pompadour in two Boucher paintings. I hope that everyone who raved about the recent Eurotrash, "Marie Antoinette" movie see this film and can appreciate the quality. This film is a masterpiece - "Marie Antoinette" is a pretentious disaster! Not to be confused with the excellent b&w version starring Norma Shearer.
on February 17, 2015
Scandalous! Delicious. Eye candy. Sneaky! Real life history. Horrid leading man, vicious actress,
moronic leading lady. Hmmm what else? Fun! Gorgeous horses and carriages. Fantastic
views in ancient homes, beautiful country scenery. Weekends of royals and wanna be royals
conniving. Loved this movie so much, we bought it. Oh yes, duels to the death with swords.
This isn't just a chick movie, too much testosterone in it just for the ladies to watch it.

It is complicated, with twists and turns of the story and how events in life can take on a life
of their own and roll you over.
I heartily recommend this movie to everyone. Not for kids, above 17 I guess would be ok.
on September 19, 2016
OK, I totally geeked out tonight and decided to have a dangerous liaisons night. I watched two films based on a play that was based on a 1796 French novel named Les Liaisons dangereuses, Dangerous Liasons and Cruel Intentions. The dialogue is remarkably close. It is a wicked story about manipulation and cruelty, it is deliciously evil. There is at least seven adaptations of the story in cinema and theatre. It is the perfect little recharge night.
on November 10, 2017
This film deserved all the awards it took. The acting is superb!
on October 27, 2017
Very well written, directed and acted. Malcovich's best role
on October 25, 2017
One of my favorite movies ever. I wish they'd remaster it.
on August 28, 2017