Daniel Smith 285610016 Alvaro Castagnet Master Artist Watercolor Set (10 Pack), 5ml
- DANIEL SMITH, the Innovative Manufacturer of Beautiful Watercolors for Artists Worldwide is excited to offer the DANIEL SMITH Alvaro Castagnet’s Master Artist Set! This set has the 10 DANIEL SMITH Watercolors that world respected Alvaro Castagnet has chosen for his own palette.
- This set of ten, 5ml tubes includes: Hansa Yellow Deep, Mayan Orange, Ultramarine Blue, Cobalt Blue, Viridian, Yellow Ochre, Burnt Sienna Light, Neutral Tint, Deep Scarlet, and Pyrrol Red.
- Hansa Yellow Deep: With a touch of orange, this is a pure chroma color with high-tinting, semi-transparent organic pigments. is considered the ‘perfect yellow’, a fact which offers more control when mixing. Mayan Orange: Hot and intense! Use it straight from the tube for a blazing red-orange. As you add water, the color remains strong and disperses very evenly.
- Ultramarine Blue: Intense, pure and subtly granulating, it stands proudly alone pure blue without shading to any other color. Cobalt Blue: Power with every drop. Cobalt Blue is a neutral, non-staining primary blue which subtly modifies most pigments. Considered a “mixing pigment”, its transparent nature can cast a giant reticulating shadow.
- Viridian: This transparent non-staining pigment is an excellent glazing pigment. It’s a cool blue-green useful in mixing without staining other pigment particles and for soft edges. Yellow Ochre: Is a stunning gold hue, bright and clean yet true to its earthy nature. Its non-staining, can be lifted easily to create highlights and has a predicable soft granulation in washes.
- Burnt Sienna Light: ”DANIEL SMITH has created Burnt Sienna Light just for me. It is a beautiful, transparent hue. It is permanent, it has power and it breaks down Ultramarine Blue perfectly. Burnt Sienna Light is fabulous when you want to place cool colors on top. I use it when I am going into my darks where I drop it into Ultramarine Blue (included in the set) or Alizarin Crimson to create magnificent darks” -Alvaro.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
DANIEL SMITH Extra Fine Watercolors - classic watercolors of unsurpassed purity and permanence. The vision in the formulation of DANIEL SMITH watercolors was twofold;
- First and foremost, to produce watercolors that are the best in lightfastness and permanence.
- Second, to offer a selection of truly unique colors.
DANIEL SMITH Watercolors are formulated to meet and exceed the highest industry standards for the manufacture of artist’s paints, and every batch made is tested and analyzed for its performance qualities.
DANIEL SMITH is truly the worldwide leader of watercolors for artists with 240+ beautiful colors in the 15ml watercolors, the most of any manufacturer . Many are traditional colors relied upon by all artists, and there are many “truly unique” colors made only by DANIEL SMITH that have become so important to watercolor artists.
PrimaTek Watercolors are made from minerals, often semi precious minerals, that have been ground into pigments, mixed with gum arabic (the binder) and milled into PrimaTek Watercolors . The first was Lapis Lazuli Genuine in 1998, since then, many more have been added such as Amethyst Genuine, Piemontite Genuine and Serpentine Genuine. Most of these colors have wonderful granulating effects that some artists have called “magical”.
Luminescent Watercolors have special optical effects perfect for subjects that have a sparkle, sheen, or reflective glow like the iridescence of hummingbird feathers or the sheen of metals.
Cadmium Hues, DANIEL SMITH has developed safe and vibrant Cadmium Hues with the density and richness of cadmium colors without the cadmium pigment . Virtually identical in color to their namesakes, they are cleaner in mixtures and much stronger in tints. The working properties – staining power, semi-transparency and excellent lightfastness – are nearly identical to those of the low-soluble cadmium colors DANIEL SMITH previously manufactured.
Some unique colors are created exclusively by DANIEL SMITH like Cascade Green, Green Gold and Moonglow. DANIEL SMITH also finds unusual pigments to make colors like Mayan Red, Lunar Blue and Enviro-Friendly Red Iron Oxide to provide more choices for artists. Other colors are from pigments DANIEL SMITH has sourced, often from very specific locations, colors like Burgundy Yellow Ochre, Monte Amiata Natural Sienna and Roasted French Ochre.
DANIEL SMITH Watercolors are a favorite of artists all over the world , from professional artists to the beginning watercolorists because of the beautiful colors, consistent performance and lasting color or lightfastness.
DANIEL SMITH Watercolors are packed with high quality pigments using pure gum arabic as the binder – no fillers. For each color, DANIEL SMITH selects the perfect grind to yield particle sizes that maximize the qualities inherent in the pigment, balancing maximum pigment load with minimum vehicle content.
DANIEL SMITH offers many ways to experience their Watercolors as well as providing extra creative means for artists with their Watercolor Grounds, Masking Fluid and Walnut Ink.
- 15ml Watercolors, available in more than 240 colors, the most of any manufacturer.
- 5ml Watercolors, available in 88 of the most popular colors DANIEL SMITH makes.
- Watercolor Sticks, 51 popular DANIEL SMITH Watercolors shaped into stick form to draw and paint with, a new way to expressively use watercolors.
- PrimaTek Watercolors, 37 PrimaTek Watercolors, made from minerals, many semi-precious, that are ground into pigments and made into unique watercolors.
- Luminescent Watercolors, 48 Luminescent Watercolors with optical effects.
- Watercolor Sets: Essentials Set, PrimaTek Set, Alvaro Castagnet’s Master Set, Primary and Secondary Sets.
- Watercolor Ground, Paint watercolors on any surface when prepared with DANIEL SMITH Watercolor Ground, available in 4 colors; Titanium White, Buff Titanium, Mars Black and Transparent. Watercolor Ground can help “rescue” a watercolor painting when applied over a mistake, giving an artist a second chance with a new surface to paint on.
When you choose DANIEL SMITH Watercolors and other DANIEL SMITH products, you are choosing the best materials to create with. DANIEL SMITH products are made in the USA, in Seattle, Washington for artists worldwide.
From the manufacturer
Daniel Smith 285610016 Alvaro Castagnet Master Artist Watercolor Set (10 Pack),
DANIEL SMITH, the Innovative Manufacturer of Beautiful Watercolors for Artists Worldwide is excited to offer the DANIEL SMITH Alvaro Castagnet's Master Artist Set. This set has the 10 DANIEL SMITH Watercolors that world respected Alvaro Castagnet has chosen for his own palette.
This set of ten, 5ml tubes includes:
- Hansa Yellow Deep: pure chroma color with high-tinting, semi-transparent organic pigments
- Ultramarine Blue: Intense, pure and subtly granulating
- Mayan Orange: Hot and intense
- Cobalt Blue: neutral, non-staining primary blue.
- Viridian: transparent non-staining pigment
- Yellow Ochre: stunning gold hue, bright and clean
- Burnt Sienna Light:beautiful, transparent hue
- Neutral Tint, Deep Scarlet, and Pyrrol Red.
This set of 10 Extra Fine Watercolours from Daniel Smith include colours that artist Alvaro Castagnet loves the most. A unique opportunity to experience the colours that Alvaro uses on his palette. Included within the set is Burnt Sienna Light, a colour which has been formulated specifically for Alvaro and that is only currently available in this set.
The 238 watercolour dot card which is an economical solution for someone who wants to try a range of Daniel Smith Watercolours. (not included)
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
If you want to sample Daniel Smith's watercolors, this is one economical way to do it.
You can always purchase three primary colors and see how many colors you can get from mixing them.
I think that is a great way to start.
However, if you want to have a complete set, even one that a master watercolor painter uses, this is the way to go.
Daniel Smith has other small 5ml sets.
One is the Primatek line, which is paint made from genuine gemstones. There is also a 5ml set with primaries that is a great starting set.
In the Alvaro Castagnet set, there is a Deep Scarlet that I'm now in love with. It's a delicious, rich, earthy red. It has now become a staple in my paint supplies.
Not particularly fond of the light sienna, which is said to be a color you can only get in this set.
If you want a sienna that glows and is beautiful saturated with color while also being transparent, try the Quinacridone Sienna by Daniel Smith. It's a deep, glowing earthy orange.
If rating Daniel Smith's paint in general, I will give five stars, because their paints are simply high quality, top shelf in the watercolor world.
As far as this set goes, it's not my favorite palette of colors, and I don't like the sienna.
But that's just personal preference.
With color, you use what you like, and develop your own palette after you're painting for a while.
You begin to see what colors you prefer and what colors you don't really care for.
That's the beauty of the journey. Learn by doing, by experimenting.
You can't go wrong with buying this set.