Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $2.70 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Daniel Smith Extra Fine Watercolor 15ml Paint Tube, Cadmium Orange Hue
|Price:||$16.31 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
- DANIEL SMITH is the Innovative Manufacturer of Beautiful Watercolors for Artists Worldwide, and makes the largest range of watercolors of any manufacturer, more than 240 colors. The 240+ color collection includes the exciting PrimaTek watercolors made from minerals (like Amethyst) plus other unique colors (like Moonglow) not available elsewhere, and Luminescent Watercolors which allow artists to capture the luminescent colors that exist in nature that regular watercolors cannot capture!
- Cadmium Orange Hue - A deep, radiant orange that leans slightly towards red. We've done it! Safe, Vibrant Cadmium Hue Watercolors! Our new formulas provide all the density and richness of classic cadmium colors. Our hues are virtually identical in color to their namesakes, but cleaner in mixtures and stronger in tints - you'll find a little goes a long way. Working properties - staining power, semi-transparency and excellent light fastness - are also nearly identical to those of the low-soluble cadmium colors we previously offered.
- Excellent Lightfastness, Semi-opaque, Non-granulating, Low staining
- PY 53, PO 73, PY 83
- Conforms to ASTM D4236
Unlock 5% savings on this product when you subscribe to 5 or more products that arrive in the same month. Skip or cancel any time, and shipping is FREE. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
DANIEL SMITH Extra Fine Watercolors - classic watercolors of unsurpassed purity and permanence. The vision in the formulation of DANIEL SMITH watercolors was twofold;
- First and foremost, to produce watercolors that are the best in lightfastness and permanence.
- Second, to offer a selection of truly unique colors.
DANIEL SMITH Watercolors are formulated to meet and exceed the highest industry standards for the manufacture of artist’s paints, and every batch made is tested and analyzed for its performance qualities.
DANIEL SMITH is truly the worldwide leader of watercolors for artists with 240+ beautiful colors in the 15ml watercolors, the most of any manufacturer. Many are traditional colors relied upon by all artists, and there are many “truly unique” colors made only by DANIEL SMITH that have become so important to watercolor artists.
PrimaTek Watercolors are made from minerals, often semi precious minerals, that have been ground into pigments, mixed with gum arabic (the binder) and milled into PrimaTek Watercolors. The first was Lapis Lazuli Genuine in 1998, since then, many more have been added such as Amethyst Genuine, Piemontite Genuine and Serpentine Genuine. Most of these colors have wonderful granulating effects that some artists have called “magical”.
Luminescent Watercolors have special optical effects perfect for subjects that have a sparkle, sheen, or reflective glow like the iridescence of hummingbird feathers or the sheen of metals.
Cadmium Hues, DANIEL SMITH has developed safe and vibrant Cadmium Hues with the density and richness of cadmium colors without the cadmium pigment. Virtually identical in color to their namesakes, they are cleaner in mixtures and much stronger in tints. The working properties – staining power, semi-transparency and excellent lightfastness – are nearly identical to those of the low-soluble cadmium colors DANIEL SMITH previously manufactured.
Some unique colors are created exclusively by DANIEL SMITH like Cascade Green, Green Gold and Moonglow. DANIEL SMITH also finds unusual pigments to make colors like Mayan Red, Lunar Blue and Enviro-Friendly Red Iron Oxide to provide more choices for artists. Other colors are from pigments DANIEL SMITH has sourced, often from very specific locations, colors like Burgundy Yellow Ochre, Monte Amiata Natural Sienna and Roasted French Ochre.
DANIEL SMITH Watercolors are a favorite of artists all over the world, from professional artists to the beginning watercolorists because of the beautiful colors, consistent performance and lasting color or lightfastness.
DANIEL SMITH Watercolors are packed with high quality pigments using pure gum arabic as the binder – no fillers. For each color, DANIEL SMITH selects the perfect grind to yield particle sizes that maximize the qualities inherent in the pigment, balancing maximum pigment load with minimum vehicle content.
DANIEL SMITH offers many ways to experience their Watercolors as well as providing extra creative means for artists with their Watercolor Grounds, Masking Fluid and Walnut Ink.
- 15ml Watercolors, available in more than 240 colors, the most of any manufacturer.
- 5ml Watercolors, available in 88 of the most popular colors DANIEL SMITH makes.
- Watercolor Sticks, 51 popular DANIEL SMITH Watercolors shaped into stick form to draw and paint with, a new way to expressively use watercolors.
- Watercolor Dot Cards, a great way to try DANIEL SMITH Watercolors without buying whole tubes of paint. These are dots of pure DANIEL SMITH Watercolors that reactivate into paint with the touch of a wet brush, allowing artists to easily and cost effectively, try many colors. Two sizes: 238 Dot Card to try nearly the entire line of DANIEL SMITH Watercolors and the 66 Dot Card to try many DANIEL SMITH Watercolors.
- PrimaTek Watercolors, 37 PrimaTek Watercolors, made from minerals, many semi-precious, that are ground into pigments and made into unique watercolors.
- Luminescent Watercolors, 48 Luminescent Watercolors with optical effects.
- Watercolor Sets: Essentials Set, PrimaTek Set, Alvaro Castagnet’s Master Set, Primary and Secondary Sets.
- Watercolor Ground, Paint watercolors on any surface when prepared with DANIEL SMITH Watercolor Ground, available in 4 colors; Titanium White, Buff Titanium, Mars Black and Transparent. Watercolor Ground can help “rescue” a watercolor painting when applied over a mistake, giving an artist a second chance with a new surface to paint on.
When you choose DANIEL SMITH Watercolors and other DANIEL SMITH products, you are choosing the best materials to create with. DANIEL SMITH products are made in the USA, in Seattle, Washington for artists worldwide.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top Customer Reviews
The yellow makes for a gorgeous color on its own or mixed with other colors for a brilliant payoff. I often use this yellow with blue to make my own green variations and they come out beautifully. In addition, I have found that quite often, Amazon will have these paints less expensive than if you were to buy them from an art retailer. Give them a try, you won’t be disappointed!
*Great color payoff
I feel quality paints are so worth it. Years ago I made the mistake of using cheap stuff and know now the money I thought I was saving while I practiced, I didn't save because I wasted my time with products that faded and flaked off the paper. You time is worth money too, so invest in good artist quality paints in the beginning. Just start with a few and you can expand with time. If you think your just learn with the cheap paints your not because they don't mix the same as quality pigments.
I have a few go to brands in my palette and Daniel Smith is one of the great ones.
This New Gamboge mixes so smoothly, I can make any number of different colors.
Should be in any watercolorists paint box!
For the Burnt Sienna, it appears as advertised on Amazon. It's a delightful reddish earth brown that makes warm glazes, great for skin tones and natural scenery. Its like a warm sepia and, in spite of my general aversion to granulation, produces a nice fine grain texture. My only regret is not purchasing this color sooner.
This Sugilite is a beautiful, warm toned purplish grey with a beautiful shimmer. Transferred it from the tube to a pan and it dried beautifully.
Already one of my favorites!