Industrial Deals Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now SWMTVT18_gno

Daniel X
Format: Paperback|Change
Price:$8.00+ $3.99 shipping

VINE VOICEon August 8, 2008
I was mildly disappointed with this book. It seemed to go by too quick with very little detail; almost reading as a brainstorm than an actual novel. The ideas and originality were there, but it definitly lacked depth. I kept thinking of The Host, by Stephanie Meyer, as I read this; and how much better it was for having a similar concept. I just felt like the aliens themselves could have been given more detail, he could have taken the time to really describe them and go into details, but it seemed as though everything was summed up and rushed through. The only time the book slowed to a decent pace was near the end, at which point the description and story really reached where it should have been all along.

I will say, after reading this I passed it on to my 9 year old, and he LOVED it. He's a big Ben10 fan and really related this book to that show, reading it almost as quickly as I did. So for kids, I do recommend this, though it doesn't even begin to compete with the bestselling kids books out there. For adults, I would not recommend.
on February 21, 2018
It's a fast paced and fun series. Something different from my favorite author. I highly recommend for kids of all ages.
on November 24, 2014
I Love James Patterson's books, except when he goes afield of the volume of his work. This is his adventure into science fiction or fantasy and it took me more than half way through the book to settle down and understand what was going on. It was a good read eventually, I was just lost for the first half.
on December 23, 2012
I bought this to see how the series was. To be honest; I just bought #5 in the series this week. Does that tell you anything?nI have all 5 in the series now. The first book here kept me hooked till the end. It is a great book for younger readers and will want to make them read more. Not just for childern; I would recomend for anyone that wants to just sit and enjoy something different. I found the first 5 to be well worth the super price I got them for thru Amazon. Some i paid a penny for the audio book; and just paid the $3.99 shipping; can not beat that with a stick. $4.00 total for a brand new Audio book still in the origional wrapper and box. I will take that anyday. Give this series a shot for yourself, bet you will be buying the other 4 also.
on October 21, 2011
A couple of years ago, I had read some the negative reviews of this book before purchasing and most suggesting that it was for younger readers. I also noticed younger readers posting that they enjoyed the book, so I decided to purchase the book for my classroom. Well, it sat on my bookshelf, until a few weeks ago, when my students (age 10) voted for it to be the next book that I read aloud to them. Honestly, I wasn't crazy with the book to begin with, but I want to start good reading habits with the kids and model finishing books you start, as many tend to read a few pages and get a new book. So I have NEVER stopped reading a book(even if it was not great) we started, this will be the first time in my many years of teaching. Today was the last straw. When Daniel encounters an alien selling drugs to kids, that was too much. Really aliens have nothing better to do then sell drugs? Secondly, the younger kids do not enjoy hearing about Daniel's feelings for girls. If this book is written for 9-12 year olds then it should have age appropriate content. I can tell the kids are bored with the story, and so am I.
22 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 3, 2017
A good read for young boys. My grandson loves this series.
on December 13, 2016
James Patterson is one of my favorite authors. My sons enjoy his books as well. Well worth the buy.
on September 6, 2008
I was very disppointed in Patterson's new series for Young Adults. The kids at our library liked the Maximum Ride series for the first couple of books, so I was waiting for Daniel X's series. The teens at our library read a much better caliber of writing than this book. There were very interesting story lines in the book, just no development. Perhaps a few less books by the author, and more effort put into the books he writes, would be wise.
on January 27, 2017