Industrial Deals HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Save $20 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

on June 25, 2014
I ordered a 13 regular which is what I wear and these boots fit great. It took a few weeks to get them broken in to where I could stand them for long hours of standing and walking but they were somewhat comfortable out of the box. Now that they are broken in I love these boots and the quality is what you come to expect from Danner. I switched from Rocky Boots once they started making different parts out of the country instead of everything being made in Nelsonville, Ohio liked they have been for decades. The new out of the country materials are worthless for Rocky and I am glad I switched as Danner is the same quality if not better than the old Rocky Boots that were stamped as class A's.
on September 23, 2015
Danner decenders
For starters these are the most comfortable boots I have ever owned. I use these boots 5 days a week I am in the security business do a lot of standing in a lot of walking. The only bad thing about these boots is that in the front on the side of the boat you get a crack on the leather on both sides of each boot within a year. I have 6 fellow officers that have these boots. They all had the same issue happen to them. If it wasn't for that I would definitely definitely give it 5 stars because for them to only last a year they should not be as expensive as they are. But in the other hand they are the most comfortable boots I have ever warn. I have use Bates, Under Armour, 511 and a few other ones these are by far the most comfortable hope this helped.
on March 5, 2014
I just purchased my second pair of these boots last week.

The first pair was the first time any type of footwear was tighter than the size would have you believe. Maybe during manufacture the size was cut prior to the insulation being fitted to the boot, or the Gor-Tex membrane so the fit will be tighter.

Easy solution was I ordered the wider size in the same size and problem solved. The boot even comes off and on much easier. I did re-lace it as I did the previous one to ease the fit but no deficiencies in the boots ability suffered by doing so.

No break in required.
Very quiet on most ground surfaces and excellent wet traction.
Sneaker like comfort with excellent shock absorption, as long as you do not have arch issues.

Best looking boot I have ever owned, which doesn't hurt.

If I had to ask for something to improve, it would be to use Kevlar in the heel and ankle region to prevent rips which occur from friction with socks, and more durable laces as the ones which come with the boot threatened to tear after 6 months.
on October 24, 2015
These are great boots. I live in the Northeast so we have cold spring, fall and especially winter weather. They are VERY warm and VERY waterproof. I've shoveled snow all day and stayed comfortable. I also ride a motorcycle 60 miles to and from work everyday. In 30 degree weather with thick socks my feet stayed perfectly warm. They are very rugged, after owning them for about 2 years they have taken a lot of abuse and still holding together great. For the price you can't go wrong.
on January 27, 2015
Let me start off by saying that i have worn these for 3 months 6 days a week in various forms of use. I WILL buy another pair if these ever decide to die. i walk at least 2 miles a day in them for work, and run with them on all day on the weekends while playing airsoft in a variety of terrain.

use in rain hasn't been an issue either since they never seem to let water in. they do run a bit warm so now that the weather is starting to warm up again it's been a noticeable thing. I have yet to form any blisters from wearing them all the time and the support in them is comfortable to stand on for hours at a time. if this boot came in tan i'd have bought a second pair for use in the army a long time ago.
on December 19, 2016
Had these boots for about 2 1/2 months now and I really like them. They're comfortable (once broken in), and they look good. Usually wear size 13- 13 1/2. Heard these boots run small, so I ordered a size 14, and they ended up being ever-so slightly too big, but nothing that couldn't be fixed with tightening the laces. Overall, well worth the money. I'm very impressed with these boots so far, and I feel like I won't need to be buying any new pair of boots for at least the next few years.
on March 29, 2016
Fit was tight as promised. Ordered wider as recommended. After one year of indoor walking (server) developed small tears. See attached photos
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on July 23, 2015
This is my first pair of this style boot however, I have purchased a similar pair in Desert Tan for the military and like those boots these are durable and fit almost as expected. This style is a little tight across the toe area, but after re-lacing them and wearing them 8 to 16 hours a day for about a week, they broke in nicely.

The only issue I have is the insoles are not real soft and tend to leave my feet fatigued after a long day. Hence the four stars. That being said I would still recommend this boot to anyone who has to walk all day for work, and is looking for a light weight durable boot. I have tried all the rest (5:11, Under Armor, Bates) and none of them come close to the the quality and comfort of Danner. I will never buy anything else in the future other than Danner.
on November 10, 2013
The fabric on the side frays after a short amount of time. The heel cup is very tall and hard, can be uncomfortable walking on inclines. Eyelets hold up very well. Rubber is good quality. Insulation is good for winter, a bit much for summer.

Overall, not quite as good as Red Wings, which are cheaper. Red Wings Worx side zip composite toe is still the best boot I've found, and it looks OK under suit pants if shined (these look like sneakers.) I will be keeping the Danners for a winter boot since they are better insulated and getting another pair of Red Wings for the summer.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 16, 2015
5 stars for a great product at an even better price. The size ordered always gives me room for 2 pairs of socks at least. These boots fit my Flintstone feet exactly, no room to spare. Still 5 star as the intended use was summertime only and may give a little bit more with extended break-in.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.