Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 64 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 82 reviews
on August 4, 2015
Wow these boots. I opened up the box and upon being blinded by the shine of 300 dollar leather I don't even think I want to wear them anymore. It's like I want to hang them up on my wall and let poor unsuspecting visitors become both mesmerized and confused by the beautiful boots hanging on the wall.

On a more serious note though, there seems to be a bit of misinfo floating around in regards to the sizing of these boots. I measure in at a true size of 10.5-10.75 toe, 11 Arch, and about a B Width and the boots from what I can tell fit for the most part perfectly, which makes sense given that I've always heard Danners boots fit true to size. I've seen a few reviews saying go a half a size lower, but from what I can tell, this would be completely unnecessary since the space between the toe to the end of the boot gives you just enough room to be able to go down a slope without slaying your toe. Couple this in with the fact that you're going to be wearing medium thick socks with these things and it's a perfect true to size fit. The only thing I would recommend for these boots is the gear you need to take care of them and some good Superfeet insoles since the ones it comes with are...lacking to say the least.
review image
on March 12, 2017
These are decent quality boots, although, I always wear a #9 in other brands- My feet may be even a little narrow, so I was a bit concerned when they were only available only in a EE (Wide) last- I ordered a 8.5 EE, (I usually wear a #9 in Nike) And going a half size down + Plus just ordering the double EE which they stocked, fit perfectly.. As other people have said, order a half size down- (the last that this boot is made on, like good vintage Alpine lasts is inherently narrow, so they call the last a double EE, for a standard width, but this information is not really available anywhere, even on their website) Interesting construction, where they don't use a footbed- your feet walk upon the Gore-Tex membrane, which is a little odd for a construction... Luckily the lasting board is not too hard, so even though you're walking directly on the board, it's somewhat comfortable... there are some sketchy looking orthotics included but I can't see how that's going to bring any comfort to this boot- Leather is not struck-through, but I sort of like the look of it.... although after wearing them for a while I'm starting to wonder if the leather is a "coated split" leather (Not a full Grain, but a split leather) .. Which would be a shame for a retail boot of 380USD. Tongue construction is a little funky, and depending on how it was lasted, it can arrive with some on folds right where you don't want them. Hardware seems a little cheap, even a little blingy.. Could probably do without the furthest down pair of eyelets. I understand that it's a "lace-to-toe" hiking shoe, but aesthetically, they eat up the vamp...
on July 30, 2015
I wear boots 95% of the year. These Danner MTN LT2 are among some the best fitting and quality boots that I have owned. I can wear them all day with no issue . I buy nothing but quality American made boots like Thorugood, Chippewa, and these are right on par with them. What people don't understand is that these are BOOTS made of LEATHER, not tennis shoes. Leather need to be broke in to form to the persons foot. I have read some of the negative reviews on these boots and they make me laugh, as should the potential buyer do aswell! The people complaining about "pressure points from the layered tongue" either don't know about breaking in boots or simply do know how to lace there boots properly.I did go 1/2 size down and I am glad I did. These are my second pair and still would be wearing the first if they where not misplaced during moving into a different home. These are GREAT BOOTS with unmatched comfort and quality. I crushed my right foot in a car accident 4 years ago and have screws, pins, and rods holding my foot togather. Because of this , my foot gets sore and painful very easy. Not with these Danners.
on March 14, 2017
Great boots! They will require a break in period but great looking, great feel and the laces stay nice and tight!
on December 16, 2016
I have only taken this boots out on a few hikes, of about 30 miles total, but they are very comfortable and haven't required extra caution to break them in. The boot is a little heavier that others I have owned do to a thicker sole but what they give up on weight I gain back less tired feet. I hike on granite rock strewn trails and these puppies allow me to walk on the rocks and boulders without having to feel the rocks pushing up through the sole of my boot. They are of classic design and I see many years of use from these boots.
on April 2, 2015
Waffle Stompers, If you never had a pair in the 70's then yeah you might not get what they are supposed to feel like. But these are much more comfortable than the Originals. Put on socks you will wear with them and do the foot size trace with pencil to get your real size (search how to find your foot/shoe size), then Follow the fit guide on Danners website. and then order. this shoe ran 1/2 size larger and the Danner Mtn Light II GTX I just ordered were spot on and more comfortable than these.
on April 7, 2016
Best boot I'll ever own!!!!
on April 24, 2017
awesome
on March 27, 2017
simply awesome!!
on October 27, 2015
Been looking for a hiking boot reminiscent of the dexter boots from the late 70`s I found them here...a bit pricey ,but a well built shoe . looks great...

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.