Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(containing "back pain"). See all 147 reviews
on February 12, 2018
I've worn several brands of shoes over the years. I spend approximately 8-12 hours a day on my feet, varying from not stop walking to standing in front of a classroom for 4 hours at a time. I have borderline wide feet, I usually wear 9.5 E or (more commonly) 10 D shoe. The last two "best" shoes I have worn in the past is Red Wing, but the stores stop carrying the shoes I usually wear. I liked them considering that they usually lasted me about 3-4 years until the sole wore out. I was ready for something new.

I ordered the Dansko Wyatt Oxfords size 43. When I first put them on, they seemed a little big, but figured I would still give them a try. I've heard with their clog style shoe that the increased space is part of their design. Initially the shoes are on the stiff side, but after about a week of wearing, they have started to loosen up. Whenever I get a new pair of dress/work shoes, the first thing I usually do is change out the insole for one that is more supportive. I've yet to change out the insole in my Dansko shoe. I have not had any pain or discomfort that I usually feel with shoes that have little to no arch support. The Dansko shoe does have some support built into it that is more natural, so currently no additional support is needed! I've walked a variety of surfaces including concrete, tile (wet and dry), snow, ice, etc. So far, traction has been wonderful.

I've only had the shoes for a short time, but so far they have been wonderful. It does take some time to adjust to the new style of shoe (bigger, roomier, etc). Unless I'm running down the hall, I haven't noticed any slipping and sliding within the shoe. With the prolonged standing, I have not experienced the leg and back fatigue that I usually experience with poorly constructed shoes. I'm looking forward to many great years with these shoes. It's worth the extra few bucks for quality. I'll post any updates as needed.
on August 16, 2013
Little worried the first week when I had pain in my feet, and calves, after 7-10 days in the shoes for 8-10 hours a day they broke in, and AMAZING. Had them six months, and I will never own another brand of work shoes for myself again. I work retail, stand 7-8 hours a day minimum, and these are amazing. Had back surgery two years ago, and my lower back always hurt after work, with these shoes I have no more lower back pain, not to mention foot, calf, or general soreness from being in my feet all day. I'm just a regular overweight dude looking for comfort, and these are worth every PENNY.
8 people found this helpful
on February 25, 2016
Pricey, but very comfortable! They helped alleviate some low back pain associated with a job that requires a lot of standing. As other reviewers have stated, they do feel "clunky" but that somehow doesn't get in the way of a smooth walking gait. Overall I'm very satisfied.
on August 27, 2013
I am in PA school on clinical rotations. I have been in the hospital and on my feet for 10-12 hours a day. I used to wear running shoes to the hospital every day thinking I would get great support and they were soft. Well at the end of the day I would have aching heels, calves, and back. I weigh 320lbs so I always attributed it to my weight. All the nurses wear Danskos and kept swearing by them. I was always turned off by the price and the clog look. But because I was hurting so much I decided to look to see if they had any other styles. I took the plunge and bought a pair. I have been wearing them for two weeks and I cannot believe the difference! I know this sounds hokey but I really no longer have pain at all. The medical student who is with me weighs about 120lbs and I can stand on my feet all day next to her without fatigue. She even has to sit down and rest frequently but I don't feel the need to. I have no idea what they have done with these shoes but I can tell you they absolutely work. It only took about two days for me to get used to them because they feel much different than regular shoes. But once I did it really made a difference. I am really grateful I spent the money and bought these shoes. And so are my kids because I can actually go home and play with them after being on my feet all day. I used to have to just plop down on the couch and put my feet up for an hour and take ibuprofen.
One person found this helpful
|0Comment |Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.