- Audio CD (December 1, 1995)
- Number of Discs: 1
- Label: Citadel
- ASIN: B000003JVP
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,753,574 in Music (See Top 100 in Music)
Have one to sell?
See all formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
1. Dante Sym: Inferno
2. Dante Sym: Purgatorio/Magnificat
3. Dante Sym: Tragic Ov
4. Coda (Alternate Ending To The Dante Magnificat) - The Utah Choral/Newell Weight
Top Customer Reviews
By A Customer on December 26, 2003
This performance is full blooded and captures the Inferno movement very well, although at a much faster pace than other recordings. The Purgatory and Magnificat are also at a faster tempo, yet carry a cohesiveness that some of the slower tempos in other versions, namely Barenboim's, seems to lose. The major dissappiontment is the poorly engineered recording, which is overall tinny. They didn't capture the mid and lower registers which add the depth and warmth other versions have, and the cymbals are excessively blaring. But, realizing that was a recording error and not Kojiian's makes this 5 star version 4 stars. James Conlon's slower paced, but well recorded disc is the best overall at 5 stars.
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again