Industrial Deals HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Country Heat GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now SWMTVT18_gno

Danu, The Return
Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on March 12, 2014
I felt like I had to trudge my way through the first few pages, this being before I knew it actually had (two) chapters. And within the first chapter, I literally had to force myself to read it, I fought the temptation to start skimming through it. But I could not offer quality review if I did, so grudgingly, I found chapter two.

How the writer managed to cram three, maybe four erotic scenes into the first chapter, is beyond me. The first one was like, "They could have done better", The second was a bit like the first, and the third was like a combo of the first two. Nothing new stirring the pot for these guys, they are just going through the motions after 500 years.
I would imagine these guys just got tired of trying new things, and are just sticking to a routine.

The story kicks into gear in the second chapter, finally.
If I had known this, I would have skipped directly to chapter two. But even then, it still would have been a waste of time, because the story, at this point began to feel rushed, and there was little information given. So figuring out what was going on was completely lost. And then the next thing you know, it's over. So much for a story.

I can't say this was the worst NN I have read.... Wait a minute. Let me re-phrase that.... This is not one of the worst, but it definitely is not one of their best. But I guess there is a reason they are offering certain books for free. And it's clearly not to get you into their collection, in hopes that you'll want to buy. NN's are a hit and miss, so I would not be likely to pay for any of them.
on September 11, 2011
For awhile I thought this was going to be something special, but I was wrong. Even after 500 years these lovers still can't get enough sex or go without seeing each other and nothing and no one else matters unless they can be together. It's supposed to be 'love conquers all' but here sex masquerading as love conquers all. These two need no one but each other and when together it's always becomes sex. This writer once again has a theme or concept that she fails to develop. It could be erotica except that the writer introduces too much into the story that separates a couple who don't want to be parted. They had been a team in the past but could not be so in the present nor was there any evidence of what changes occurred in the world to which she could adapt but he could not. With more information about what was going on in the world that required her return other than a promise, the reader could understand her mission and perhaps see one for him as well. We're not given anything to work with that is developed enough to make sense even in a fantasy world. The characters not only remain the same physically for 500 years but they don't grow in intelligence or understanding of each nor the world around them. It's about sex that is only fulfilling at the moment and must constantly be repeated without loss of any passion or perception that they are not alone and may be needed else where. The 'Elders' seem to be nothing more that mythical gods who can't be pleased for long. Forever is no time at all to these people and life has no meaning that the writer shares with the reader. Trite! Hackneyed and devoid of substance.
It's hard to see how Danu and Ragna could be trusted with any important task. They've been going at it in some timeless paradise for the past 500 years and are reluctant to be parted, no matter what the reason. I get it - sex is awesome. But after 500 years, I'd hope that I could also see the importance of other things. But no - these two can't even get a full night of sleep without having to wake up and go at it. As pure erotica, this might have worked, but the author attempted to shoehorn too much other stuff in there. Danu comes across as weak and selfish and Ragna comes across as an aggressive jerk.
on August 17, 2013
First of all, I didn't like neither Danu nor Ragna. They both seemed so artificial. And the language they used was so stiff and official it was hard to believe they knew and loved each other for 500 years. Plus, the story was chaotic and a bit boring. I don't recommend it.
on November 12, 2010
This is part of the Hussies' series.
Danu and Ragna (what a name !) have been lovers for the last 500 years and may I tell you : the spark is still burning strong.
They, unfortunately, are split apart when the elders force Danu to come back to Earth and pick up her job in restoring the Hussies' armies (Hussies are women warriors who can save men destined to change the world for the better).
The beginning is good. At midpoint though, the novella gets into the whole Hussies' mission, elders's summons, last of the dragon hunters bit which might have been interesting but not within the pages of an erotic short story. It all got murky and boring, and Danu cries a lot which sounds ridiculous for an immortal with big responsibilities. I kept waiting for Ragna to take charge or for Danu to tell the elders to take a hike of a cliff. The ending redeems the middle part so, overall, it's not bad.
on January 1, 2011
This is a short story and if you have downloaded others like this you are probably familiar with them. They have been together 500 years and the elders force Danu to come back to Earth and pick up her job in restoring the Hussies' armies (Hussies are women warriors who can save men destined to change the world for the better).
The beginning is not bad. At midpoint though, the novella gets into the whole Hussies' mission, elders's summons, last of the dragon hunters all of which is way too much for a short story that honesty was not written that well.
on November 20, 2014
eh. Just. Eh
on April 20, 2016
A good read
on December 30, 2012
I would recommend this book very highly especially if you are into magic as well as all things wonderfully Celtic