Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
|Listen Now with Amazon Music|
|Amazon Music Unlimited|
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Out of print in the U.S.! First Danzig album from the former Misfits/Samhain vocalist, originally released in 1988. Often cited as the best album of Glenn Danzig's career, Vol. One features classics like 'Twist Of Cain', 'Not Of This World', 'She Rides' and 'Mother'. Warner.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Language: : English
- Product Dimensions : 4.92 x 5.59 x 0.31 inches; 3.32 Ounces
- Manufacturer : American
- Item model number : 3076557
- Original Release Date : 2002
- Date First Available : December 7, 2006
- Label : American
- ASIN : B000068G9X
- Number of discs : 1
- Best Sellers Rank: #28,418 in CDs & Vinyl (See Top 100 in CDs & Vinyl)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Admittingly I was one of those who just didnt want to go down that road. I like my rock and roll to reflect on a good time.
But Ill say this, you can take Danzig S/T give it a listen and appreciate that it is in fact a good album. After finally listening to it at someone elses request I was bitten by the music, the basic ground roots of rock n roll slow heavy rock together with Danzigs Morrison like vocals. Yes this is a good cultish album and I had to have it in my collection. The way I listen to it is pretty much the way I view my life and the life of all mankind. We all have alittle Twist of Cain in us its just that some of us overcome while others subcome. It reminds me of the choices we have in life and that every day we fight a battle of good vs evil.
I enjoy it. Danzig went on to a harder darker style and in my opinion missed a chance to be bigger. His loss for that fact but again I would say that the album is worth a listen and you might enjoy its talent within, the choice is up to you. Im going to keep my copy and will listen to it again every so often.
1. Twist of cain: Great starter for the record and originally a samhain demo. THe opening riff is so catchy snd glenn comes in with that iconic scream. Very Doomy but hard edged at the same time finally ending with an amazing drum break down from Drummer Chuck Bicuits.Lyricaly very much in the vein as samhain.
2. Not of this world: Another great opening riff snf Glenns vocals shine again here. There is a great bridge John christ that makes for a nice build up for the chorus thats very powerful. Lyrically again allof these song feel like samhain songs...well more near November coming fire than intium or unholy passion. When i listen to this record it really seems like this could have easily been samhain 4 had names not been changed.
3. She rides: Very down and dirty blues song. Very very sexual.
4. Soul on fire: Starts very slow and kind of ominus but builds into a powerfull verse and even more so chorus. Very powerful vocals on this song inparticular.
5. Am i demon: Very fast song, almost thrashy with a great technical solo by john Christ.
6.Mother: Anyone who knows this song then...i dont have to say anything, it speaks for itself.
7. Possesion: Anothe left over samhain track. Like Twist of cain its much more polished. Lyricaly this is one of the more darker songs.
8. End of time: Very slow song, lyrically this could almost passa as a ballad but im still not sure.
9. The Hunter: Mid paced song, almost feel like the record is staring to wind down a little.
10. Evil thing: Another mis paced song. A good closer.
thats all for now thanks
I highly recommend this album for any fan of Danzig, or if you just now getting into any of his works this is a good starting point as well as Misfits or Samhain all great bodies of work from the evil Elvis.
John Christ- Guitar
Eerie Von- Bass
Chuck Biscuits- Drums
Top reviews from other countries
I love both voices, this album sounds very good, Glenn's performence is so felt, your blood will flow when you hear his high tones.
And of course the songs are memorable, any track! Never get bored of it.
Highly recommended even to non metal fans.