Darice 14-Inch by 8.5-Inch by 1.875-Inch Adjustable Organizer with 4 Removable Sections
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Semi-clear plastic organizer with moveable dividers
- Customize to suit your crafting needs
- Stackable and easy to store
- Size: 14 by 8.625 by 1.875-inch
- Adjustable to create from 4 to 24 compartments
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Arrange the inside compartments of this organizer to suit yourself. Sturdy and versatile organizer has 20 dividers that you can position to customize to fit your tool and supply needs. Plus, outside edge compartments are rounded to make it easier to pick up beads and other small items. Special lock tight latches hold your supplies secure and in place. Dimensions: 14 by 8.625 by 1.875-inch(35-1/26 by 21.9 by 4.76cm).
Top customer reviews
I have no idea yet if more dividers can be separately bought. The slots for the dividers do have sharp edges so there is potential for the scratching of fingers but this is easily remedied with a few swipes from a nail filer or sand paper.
The smallest compartment can be made 1-1/16" wide and all rows have the same 2-1/16" height (the compartments next to the latches have a height of 1-10/16"). The depth is 1-1-/16" but the bottoms are slightly curved (to make it easier to slide small items out) so some height is lost at the far and near sides. The lid does fit snugly and the lip around the edge prevents anything from falling out. The plastic is flexible so the lid seal over each compartment may not be seamless. This means that very small or flat items (tiny beads, needles) can potentially move between compartments (via the compartment top or the divider bottom) if you hold the box sideways and shake it.
The dividers are initially attached to each other in sets and need to be cut apart before use. I've read about people using similar products complaining that the dividers are very hard to cut. Perhaps with scissors but not a problem with a sharp blade.
1. Flex back and forth each divider along the connecting piece as if you're trying to snap it off from the connector piece. If you're lucky, it may actually snap off but usually, it just makes the joint turn white. This process stretches and thins out the connecting plastic and makes it easier to cut.
2. Hold the divider perpendicular to the table and use a very sharp blade (I used an exacto knife with a new blade) to cut the divider from the connecting piece. Don't stab with the point of the blade and don't simply chop down either. Cut it like a loaf of bread where you push forward to slide the blade edge along the plastic while gently applying some downward pressure. It should cut rather easily, especially if your blade is new. If there is a lot of resistance, repeat step 1.
3. After all the dividers are cut, examine each divider and use the knife to trim off any remaining plastic from the sides. This will make it much easier to slide them into the slots and make it much MUCH easier to slide them back out.
Says it's made in the USA.
Pros- One could customize the space as needed unlike the fixed space kind of organizers. Also, it is not flimsy and loosely arranged organizer unlike a few I saw at some budget shops.
Cons- The dividers are a bit tricky to cut. I wish they could come pre-cut so as to avoid customers the pain of cutting them. This is why I took off one star. Though once dividers are arranged, they firmly hold on to the place without loosely dangling around, which is what I prefer.
Overall, a decent buy. I would recommend Darice. I am planning to buy another one to keep medicine in it. I wish Darice made these in space saving sizes and different colors as well.