- File Size: 3949 KB
- Print Length: 319 pages
- Publisher: Endeavour Press (December 1, 2016)
- Publication Date: December 1, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01N9CPDUY
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#1,273,319 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #4968 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Historical Fiction > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
- #9099 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller
- #19040 in Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller & Suspense
|Print List Price:||$8.99|
Save $5.00 (56%)
Dark Betrayal (Divided Empire Book 2) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
As the Empire teeters on the brink of civil war, protagonists Flavius, Siward and Lucius are tasked with finding the Silver Host, a hidden treasure from days gone by, the funds needed to finance the Empire’s upcoming defenses. The quest begins with a single path to success that proves elusive and sends the trio on a journey wrought with twists and turns, setbacks and surprises. They forge onward, finding friends now foes, and some they thought they knew no longer what they seemed. Wrought with mystery, murder, false accusations, betrayals and narrow escapes, they leap from one adventure to the next until success is achieved.
A master of suspense, Kitchen creates unique characters and an unpredictable plot thread through a richly described narrative of an era that, long since gone, should not be forgotten. High recommended.
Flavius Vitulasius, a Magistriani stationed in Briton, has been assigned a new mission. He is to seek out a treasure known only as the Silver Host. But only one person knows where the Silver Host is, and Emperor Theodosius charges Flavius to find the usurper Magnus Maximus’ wife, Elen. Only Elen knows where the Silver Host is hidden. If Flavius can find the Silver Host, then the treasure will finance the now unstoppable civil war.
But this is no easy mission and Flavius will once again come face to face with his own mortality.
What can I say about this book? So much happens, it is like an episode of 24 but set in Roman Briton! Full of intrigue, betrayal, fear, love and adventure this book is up there with the best.
What I loved about this book was the fast pace of the plot. I had absolutely no idea where Kitchen was going with this story — when I thought I had it figured out, Kitchen would throw another proverbial spanner in the works and the story went off in another direction. Talk about suspense. Who was friend? Who was foe? This book will get you thinking.
I adored the characterization of Flavius, not only is he a well-portrayed protagonist, but he is also an extremely likeable one. The story is told in the first person, which is a real treat for the reader as we see everything through Flavius eyes. It is an intimate and enjoyable experience.
The historical accuracies in this book must be commended. Kitchen takes his readers on a personal tour of Roman Briton, and he describes it exactly the way I would imagine it to have been like.
Dark Betrayal is an absorbing read and one you will not want to put down.
A fabulous 5* read.
I Highly Recommend.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller & Suspense
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Historical Fiction > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense