- File Size: 1208 KB
- Print Length: 89 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: 496 \ Perfect Number Press; 2 edition (February 24, 2012)
- Publication Date: February 24, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B007DKNQTM
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,903,606 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
The Dark Forward (Dangerous Ideas Book 1) Kindle Edition
"Enlightenment Now: The Case for Reason, Science, Humanism, and Progress"
Is the world really falling apart? Is the ideal of progress obsolete? Cognitive scientist and public intellectual Steven Pinker urges us to step back from the gory headlines and prophecies of doom, and instead, follow the data: In seventy-five jaw-dropping graphs, Pinker shows that life, health, prosperity, safety, peace, knowledge, and happiness are on the rise. Learn more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The book should be longer (hence only 4 stars). It should explore the question of "what if no one had privacy?".
The growth of the writer can be seen from story to story.
1. Of the Kindle book itself (using a Kindle Fire), the formatting was centered instead of left justified. That made it sometimes hard to tell where a paragraph ended and began anew, nor the indents easy to discern.
2. In the first story the descriptions were a bit overdone and heavy handed. However, the following two stories revealed a pleasant improvement. It was nice to see the writer's growth.
3. And lastly, I wasn't convinced the genetic alterations made the 'Marrion' children any more concerned or different from the common activist, or radical activist, of our world today.