Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
The Dark Knight Rises [Blu-ray]
|Additional Blu-ray options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
The Legend Ends as The Dark Knight Rises
When The Dark Knight Rises opens, Batman is in self-imposed exile. It’s been eight years since he vanished into the night, turned sudden fugitive by accepting the blame for the death of Harvey Dent. For a time the lie worked. Criminal activity in Gotham City ceased, crushed by the anti-crime act. However, the arrival of a cunning cat burglar with a mysterious agenda is changing everything. Even more dangerous is the emergence of a masked terrorist whose ruthless plans for Gotham are driving the reluctant superhero out of retirement. But even if he dons the cape and cowl again, Batman may be no match for the evil awaiting him.
Christian Bale is the first actor to portray the caped superhero in three Batman films.
At 165 minutes running time, this is the longest Batman film released to date.
Out of respect for Heath Ledger, who passed away after filming the second Batman movie, the Joker is not mentioned once in the entire film.
Tom Hardy accepted the role of Bane without even reading the script.
Anne Hathaway has said that the role of Catwoman was her most physically demanding to date. To prepare for the role, she worked out strenuously six days a week for nearly 10 months before filming began.
A Nail-Biting Action Movie
- The monumental conclusion to Christopher Nolan’s epic Batman trilogy
- 165 minutes of edge-of-your-seat thrills, chills and suspense
- Three-disc Blu-ray set includes over three hours of bonus material
- A must-own for Batman fans
- Also available as a one-disc, movie-only DVD
Meet the Cast
Bruce Wayne AKA Batman (Christian Bale)
As Batman, Wayne accepted a false accusation of murder for Gotham’s greater good. After eight years in hiding, can he find the strength and allies to defeat this new enemy?
Selina Kyle AKA Catwoman (Anne Hathaway)
Catwoman is a supervillainess and expert jewel thief. This time her ongoing love-hate relationship with Batman may be her undoing – or will it be his?
Alfred (Michael Caine)
Wayne’s loyal butler and guardian, Alfred assists Batman in getting important information about the mercenary Bane. But is something about to come between the two friends?
Bane (Tom Hardy)
Friend and protector of Talia Al Guhl, Bane is an evil force who is determined to bring Gotham City to its knees and destroy Batman once and for all.
It has been eight years since Batman vanished into the night, turning, in that instant, from hero to fugitive. Assuming the blame for the death of D.A. Harvey Dent, the Dark Knight sacrificed everything for what he and Commissioner Gordon both hoped was the greater good. For a time the lie worked, as criminal activity in Gotham City was crushed under the weight of the anti-crime Dent Act. But everything will change with the arrival of a cunning cat burglar with a mysterious agenda. Far more dangerous, however, is the emergence of Bane, a masked terrorist whose ruthless plans for Gotham drive Bruce out of his self-imposed exile. But even if he dons the cape and cowl again, Batman may be no match for Bane.
Christopher Nolan's dramatically and emotionally satisfying wrap-up to the Dark Knight trilogy adroitly avoids clichés and gleefully subverts your expectations at every turn. --New York Post, Lou Lumenick
The miracle of Nolan's Batman trilogy is the way it imprints those myths with the dread-soaked tenor of the times. --The A.V. Club, Scott Tobias
- Aspect Ratio : 2.40:1
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- MPAA rating : s_medPG13 PG-13 (Parents Strongly Cautioned)
- Product Dimensions : 6.5 x 5.25 x 0.3 inches; 5.12 Ounces
- Item model number : 234883
- Director : Christopher Nolan
- Media Format : Blu-ray, NTSC, Subtitled, Widescreen
- Run time : 2 hours and 44 minutes
- Release date : December 4, 2012
- Actors : Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Anne Hathaway, Tom Hardy
- Subtitles: : English, French, Portuguese, Spanish
- Language : English (Dolby Digital 2.0), Portuguese (Dolby Digital 5.1), French (Dolby Digital 5.1), Spanish (Dolby Digital 5.1)
- Studio : Warner Bros. Pictures
- ASIN : B004LWZWGK
- Number of discs : 3
- Best Sellers Rank: #2,304 in Movies & TV (See Top 100 in Movies & TV)
- Customer Reviews: