Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Dark Rose Valkyrie - PlayStation 4” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 31% off the $59.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping
Just ship to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Take the fight into Overdrive: Characters can transform into their stronger split personalities mid‐battle, but be strategic ‐ too many transformations will lead to Fatigue.
- Customize Combos: Customize attacks for each character, and do more damage with Riot Combos.
- A Traitor Amongst You: Depending on your choices, one team member will betray you. Find the traitor in visual‐novel style interrogation sequences, and change the game's ending.
- Languages: Enjoy English in‐game text as well as English and original Japanese in‐game voices.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
1929 was the year of the Chimera Virus outbreak. Defend the world from Chimeras as Asahi, the new leader of Japan's covert military agency (ACID) in Dark Rose Valkyrie . Featuring the talents of Tales of scenario writer Takumi Miyajimaand and Tales of character designer Kosuke Fujishima, this action RPG for the PlayStation 4 system features real‐time combat as well as an overdrive mode to gain the edge in battle. As the story develops, you must seek out the traitor through a visual novel interview system in your unit before it's too late.
Top customer reviews
To start, the graphics are ok and the frame rate is a little crappy at times, but it's understandable due to the studios low budget. The frame rate issue is primarily in the over world, which is larger than most compile hearts games from what I know. During combat- the frame rate is smooth and so are your character actions, so have no fear. The character design and art look amazing as they brought on some artists from the "Tales of" series. Overall graphics- 6/10- which is standard for JRPG's like this.
The combat is smooth and is allot of fun, even when grinding. You can boost various stats such as strength, firearms, skill, agility, and etc. that in turn boost certain characters attack, defense, and speed. Upgrading stats also unlocks skills, which there are a ton of. It should be noted that these weapons you wield are huge, similar to god eater weapons. These weapons are cool and can double as guns to hit the enemies long range. Setting up battle formations is important too as you can set the support characters in the back and the attackers in the front. Overall combat- 8/10
NOW- for the Jiggling boobs....after when the battle, depending on who got in the last blow, they will show an animation of them twirling around or what not. During this, the girls boobs jiggle perfectly. SO if you like that, there ya go. It should also be mentioned that once your uniform takes so much damage, it will be blown off, thus making you fight in your undies until you get it repaired. This is rare and has not happened to me as I repair my stuff frequently. Overall fan service- 7/10- LOL
As for the story, I will not spoil it but you are apart of a military force that fights monsters that have spawn and are destroying the world. As you go along with your team, you will discover a traitor and you will have to discover who it is. This is interesting because most compile hearts games do not have this kind of stuff. The mystery element really makes this games story allot better, and makes you wonder who you should get close too. There is also an affinity scale in which you can tighten your bond with the ladies through interaction. Do not compare this to Persona 5 or you will be let down. But remember this is a much different game with a much lower budget. Overall story- 7/10
The translation is very good and Idea Factory deserves praise for a job well done. The voice acting fits the characters very well and did not annoy me at all. Overall localization- 10/10
Overall this is a good game that has been getting bashed on due to its low budget and the high standards set by Persona 5. If you can look past that and truly enjoy JRPG's, then pick this game up and give it a chance. Also, there is a ton of free dlc that can help you out allot if you like playing harder modes. Id give this game a 7/10 and a 4 on Amazon (I like it).
don't forget to grind! only a little is needed but it sure helps.
edit: more info:
Do not waste marks (money) on keeping your uniforms fixed early in the game. Marks are hard to get and the costs are way too high early in the game. There is a nice Formation you can get to increase marks and decrease experience. Suggest around level 10 to start using it. Early on you need the XP and monsters for not drop much money so lvl 10+ is good for that formation.
Always save before you buy a new formation since they take precious Medals to get.
Use the Triangle button on the controller to access a huge page of information. This is not explained well in the pop up help menus.
Unlike other JRPG's you get to train your characters' statistics! woo-hoo! Be careful what you train as the stats have different costs in BP. (build points?)
PP (power points?) can be used to train stats for any character while BP are character specific.
Add on items can be developed. Others are drops from monsters. I was confused on how to get Missile attacks for each character.
The lady English voices are really sweet. Not like Star Ocean Last Hope at all. These voices are very anime.
- Actually a good, though somewhat compact, story with a surprising but neatly foreshadowed twist. Each character has their own feel and none of them are tropes to make you cringe.
- Duality aspect is genuinely well done and not just a gimmick (story-wise, anyway) and gives insight into characters' full personalities
- Random aspects regarding a "traitor" will encourage multiple playthroughs (also NG+ though that has
- Artwork is great and honestly looks better than the last Tales Of title if only because the cast is clothed like real people and not anime characters (except for the villains, anyway, but they're villains so it's fine)
- Multiple endings
- Decent VA work in Japanese and English (and decent translation)
1. Excess yet mandatory side-missions
2. No one knows the best dialogue choices for max affection so you just have to save-scum a bit and guess because it's not clear half the time
3. Gameplay is just "Get best attacks from level-up, bring AP potions, spam attacks and win"
4. Lots of copy-paste recolor enemies (it's Compile Heart, though, so it figures)
5. Should have been more CGs for the more action-oriented events
6. Final boss...