Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Assassin's Creed Origins Shop now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Dark Shadows DVD Collection 9
Format: DVD|Change

on June 12, 2015
Very good story lines all color episodes from classic TV Show Dark Shadows

Cassandra Collins aka Angelique the witch that cursed Barnabas in the first place to be a vampire.
She Angelique tries to trick Barnabas into confronting Victoria Winters with the dream/nightmare that she had of Barnabas ,but fails.
After Victoria Winters tells Barnabas the dream she had he is attacked by a bat. Because Dr. Hoffman & Willie Lumis think Barnabas is dead they bury him in an unmarked grave in a cemetery. David Collins plays DR. lang's tape recorder for Cassandra Collins to hear who learns about DR. Lang's creation called Adam. When Cassandra aka Angelique attempts witchcraft on Adam ,Nicholas Blair posing as Cassandra's brother casts a spell on Cassandra and takes away her powers to cast spells on her victims.

Cassandra Collins aka Angelique must now face the music/ as she too is cursed as a vampire & forced to live at night & drink human blood to live.
DR. Hoffman agrees to create a mate for Adam, called Eve. And so the saga continues on & on ......
marcus
on January 4, 2014
I watched Dark Shadows as a kid and was intrigued with the series. There were many things on the show I didn't understand, but I continued to watch. One day my child-care provider introduced the series to me and I was hooked ever since. Never, had I known or seen the ending, so this is my chance to see it all over again with a more understanding of the series. Because of these DVDs, I was able to attend my first Dark Shadow Festival in Brooklyn, NY, the year before Jonathan Frid past. I got to meet Lara Parker, David Selby, Jerry Lacy, Kathryn Leigh Scott, Roger Davis, and many others because of these DVD's. Thanks Amazon.
on July 18, 2017
gift
on September 29, 2015
As Angelique/Cassandra fails and fades ~ ~ ~ Nicholas Blair takes center stage as a Warlock/Majician ~ ~ ~ Barnabas is no longer a vampire and is still in love with Victoria ~ and Caroline is in trouble with strong willed Adam whom she has befriended ~ ~ ~ I love Dark Shadows and following it once again ~ ~ ~ This is collection 9 ~ ~ ~ :)
on January 6, 2007
The show just keeps getting better, plot after plot. I don't find Nicholas Blair at all androgynous in appearance, or boring. He's one of the all-time great Dark Shadows villains. There's such a presence he exudes with his dark, penetrating eyes which make you become even more engrossed whenever he's in a scene.

I loved the Adam & Eve storyline. Marie Wallace is spooky in her portrayal of the stubborn & rebellious Eve, who despises Adam & wants nothing to do with him! Some good stuff in this storyine & in the scenes of Nicholas' secluded home where Eve resides.

I love David Selby, he's a terrific actor, but I just couldn't get in to Quentin, really. I love Shadows of the Night, which is Quentin's Theme, & he's a good, solid character & fine addition to the show & any cast for that matter, however. I guess we all have our particular favorites. My favorite male villains were Reverend Trask, Nicholas Blair & Bruno Hess. I wonder if the latter two are of Italian origin, they sure look it, but haven't found anything that says either of them are. I've wondered about Don Briscoe's origin as well. He was superb as Chris Jennings & the Werewolf storyline which is coming up soon in the next couple of volumes.

In any case, I've rambled enough. For newcomers to DS, stick with it. If there's a brief period where you feel you're becoming disinterested in a certain storyline, don't lose heart, the show is the rarest form of offbeat daytime drama that has a huge cult following around the globe. There are even fan conventions to this day, & forty + years later, that's saying alot! No other daytime soap can boast having every episode available on video & DVD. There's never been a show like Dark Shadows. Barnabas is the show's focal point, unltimately, & we can't get enough of Jonathan Frid's impeccable performances. Mr. Frid is well versed at his craft & has us mesmerized & enchanted. He's a seasoned actor whose contribution to the show has excelled four decades!

There have been a couple of futile imitations, but understandably they never took off. Dark Shadows cannot be imitated, This show is one of a kind & is a classic & such things aren't to be monkey'd with.

I'm proud to have it in my collection!
VINE VOICEon January 3, 2008
A perfectly watchable batch of episodes, but I found myself moving through this set at a much slower pace than previous sets. There just wasn't as much of a "got to see what happens next" quality to these episodes. It also didn't help that the "Barnabas being forced to create a mate for Adam" storyline is silly, illogical, and- even by this show's standards- completely unbelievable. I'll still buy the next set, as we still have Quentin Collins and- if longtime fans are to be believed- one or two other classic Dark Shadows characters and storylines on the horizon, but I just might take a break and backtrack to those now-available earliest episodes of the series before proceeding onto set 10.
on April 4, 2017
What Other Superlative* can be PAID ! To. Jonathan/Barnabas from Any Thesaurus ? Inspirational * I. WANT. MORE NOW ! Kongbop7@gmail*
on May 2, 2011
The highlight of this collection is the amazing character of Nicholas Blair superbly acted by Humbert Allen Astredo. I purchased it to see the continuation of the dream curse since it wasn't available on rental. I enjoyed the rest of the story, Adam's plight along with his burgeoning relationship with Carolyn Stoddard, Tom Jennings and Julia Hoffman, and of cours Barnabas and Dr. Hoffman fending off the many threats to either of them. Consistently good, immensely enjoyable Dark Shadows. What more is there to say?
on October 28, 2014
After the Adam story arc that kind of went no where, collection 9 starts to pick up its pace. Cassandra becomes the focus again only this time she's a witch which is a interesting aspect to the Dark Shadows saga. The creation of Eve begins and maybe that will give the Adam plot a bit of vigor. All in all, collection is classic Dark Shadows.
on July 31, 2013
The soaps of long ago could have taken a page from Dark Shadows. Soaps like All My Children, Another World, and One Life To Live erased there tapes after 10 years. So many good stories were lost. But Dark Shadows continues to shine nearly 50 years later.