Industrial Deals Beauty Silent Corner STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Doppler $139.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis dm3 Shop Now toystl17_gno_dm3

Showing 1-10 of 130 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 349 reviews
on January 30, 2017
I choose this rating because the book is good. What I like about the book is that “A delicious balance of suspense and sensuality.” (Publishers Weekly) Half animal, half man, wholly dangerous. Locked in eternal battle, a Were-Hunter knows everything about peril and pain. But the greatest threat is yet to come... Susan Michaels was the hottest reporter on the Beltway Beat until she walked into a setup that ruined her reputation. Now she's working for a small Seattle paper, penning stories about killer moths and alien babies, convinced that her life couldn't get any worse... That was before an idea for a breaking news piece brings her to a local animal shelter where she ends up listening to her source rant about vampires and gets coerced into adopting a cat despite her allergies. But when her new pet suddenly reveals himself to be a gorgeous and lethal shapeshifter, Susan realizes that there's far more at stake than a career-saving byline. Born into a world of predators, Were-Hunter Ravyn Kontis was betrayed by those he loved best. Soulless, pitiless, he has spent three hundred years battling the Daimons who seek to subjugate humankind. Against all odds, Susan evokes in Ravyn feelings of tenderness. Desire. Love. And with the ultimate battle about to begin, this one very human woman holds the power to shatter both their worlds... What I dislike about the book is that I wanted to read more of it. I would recommend this book to other people.
on February 20, 2015
This one right here, this book had me like....

I was so freaking surprised about what this book was about, which made me love it even more to the end of the planet. Sherrilyn Kenyon you never cease to amaze me, all your books have me going, but this one had me on edge. When two of your favorite characters are in the same book you know it is going to be good, Acheron and Savitar.

"Dark side of the Moon" is about Ravyn and Susan. Ravyn is an Arcadian Were-hunter, Dark-hunter, which I would never believe possible, but I was proven very and I do mean very wrong. Ravyn is like any of the other Dark-Hunters, he wanted revenge for what happen to his family. He got blamed for it, which really wasn't his fault, and his family was starting to make me mad because they were blinded by angry. Susan is a reporter who works for her friend since college, Leo. She use to work in the big leagues until something happen to her and everyone ditched her. She is a sarcastic nut case, in my opinion, she is way to sarcastic for her own good.

Don't get me wrong Ravyn and Susan make a great couple just like the rest of them do. Just I didn't like Susan very much, sometimes her sarcasm was just a little to much for me. But sometimes they were funny and made Ravyn laugh, so I can't really hate on all that. Ravyn on the other hand he was ok, It also hurt me to know that his family was in town and didn't rally care anything for him, because of what happen years ago which wasn't even his fault.

Towards the end of the book...it all went downhill for me, I was truly upset at the decisions Nick had made. Nick was another one of my favorite characters, I just wish he didn't take what Acheron had said to him to heart. Acheron was only upset.... I hope Nick sees what he did wrong and try to fix it. Other then all those crazy little nid bits, I still enjoyed the book, it was a quick change then the other books, not a huge change something minor. I just wonder if Ravyn and Susan will get married or have kids
on November 28, 2013
Ok, the ending/epilogue to this book, had me like...
*OH MY GAWD!!*

The rest of the story just had me. What I mean is, though there were things I had no clue about, events that had already occurred in other books that I have not read, it still did not confuse me to the point where I was just lost & could not enjoy or appreciate this book.

This book is part of a huge network of books. All things tie in together in some form or fashion. But with this story, with everything going on with the current plot, new plot developments, subplots & the fleshing out of the main characters; nothing was too much or over the top or took away from Ravyn & Susan's story. These two have crazy white hot chemistry together. The how of them crossing paths, & the why of them becoming attached to one another was not only believable but quite touching at times. And it doesn't hurt matters that Ravyn is fine as hell.

This book has non stop action & intrigue. LOL moments, passion, lust, love, mystery & suspense galore. And some heart breaking moments too.

I would definitely recommend this read.
on June 24, 2016
I am having a hard time understanding how any fan of Sherrilyn Kenyon and her Dark-Hunter series could be disappointed with this book. I just finished reading it for the 2nd time, and this time, it only took me 2 days because I could not put it down.
For those who haven't read the series and are thinking of reading this, you should start at the beginning and go in order because you will get much more out of the series that way. This book added so much to the series for me. I really enjoyed getting a new look at the lives of the squires. I recommend this to anyone who can open their mind and enjoy a compelling story.
on October 2, 2016
A good but not great read for me. The chemistry seemed a little off with Ravyn and Susan - I was never completely sold on it but it is nice to see him have someone to support him after the fiasco he calls family. The police plot fell short also - lacking some of the suspense of other books in the series for me. However, Archeron always brings a smile to my face! Just not with Artemis!
on December 23, 2015
Wow, this series only gets better with each book I read. I enjoy the way this Author writes, the twists and turns, the sex scenes and the way you laugh and cry through out the story. A definite read for everyone.
on August 29, 2012
I do not understand the negative reviews for this book.
I love all the Dark-Hunter books before this, and certainly, each of the DH have their down flare and personality. However, to me, the romance happened just a little too quickly, and the heroine in the books started out strong and humorous, then slowly descended to being serious.

I have to say, Susan was a breath of fresh air. Her character has the usual fire and spunk but at the same time, she is independent in her own right. Out of all the female characters in the book thus far, she alone didn't "need" a man. She craved a family - people she cared about but not a man. Also, unlike the other reviews, I think the development of the relationship was a lot more believable. Ash's character was not overtly negative at all in my view. He is going through a tough time (actually, when hasn't he been going through a tough time), and it shows a lot more emotion than we usually get from him in other books. He has just lost his bestfriend. Guilt and anger will do that to anyone. I think the character development is long overdue.

Also...

SPOILER ALERT..............

A DH and his wife turning into a Daimon...that was an interesting touch. People who just want warm and fuzzy, happily ever after stories should go read something else. I think it was appropriate, and oddly right. Now hopefully, their development is followed up.

END SPOILER

Well done.
on May 18, 2013
*stares* *stares some more* Holy crud, A LOT of things happen here. A LOT. We get to see an oddly noble side of Stryker, Nick makes his (not so) triumphant return, and the wheels are set in motion for some BIG things down the line. Not going to lie, Nick's part in this story kind of slayed me. His anger at Ash and how that one moment in time changed him from an laid back, slightly sarcastic guy into someone who is willing to strike out at his former best friend the way he does... *weeps* Poor Nick.

But this isn't Nick's story. This is Ravyn and Susan's. And they pretty much rock. I love how Susan had the badass fighter thing going for her. I admire a girl who can kick ass with the best of them. Ravyn... well, the family dynamics going on in the background were pretty awful and the fact that he had to deal with all the things he dealt with on his own ... the guy deals well. All things considered.

The background characters are (as always) stellar. We finally get to see how Stryker and his Daimons always know the worst possible time to attack. Stryker's plan to take over Seattle, I have to admit that it was pretty ingenious. He's one of them that I love to hate. The fact that he does have that streak of fair play despite his overwhelming desire to spill Dark-Hunter blood -- and Ash's blood in particular -- makes him *somewhat* sympathetic at times. Somewhat. At times. I still love to hate him, though.

The reread's still going strong! The world of the Dark-Hunters continues to expand and I'm loving it all over again!

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal
on June 30, 2013
i love sherrilyn kenyon, her writing is superb, her stories bring you right into them, her books have you feeling every emotion during the reading, this one is a companion to the series, it gives you extra incite into the series, along with a few short stories along the way. i would definitely recommend to anyone who has never read her books pick them up they'll work their way into your heart
on July 20, 2016
The world of the Dark Hunters continues to expand in this next instalment. I know Acheron's story comes later and I can't wait to find out more. .