Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Dark Souls II Collector's Edition Strategy Guide Hardcover – March 11, 2014
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
All in all, I'm very grateful they put so much detail into a guide that will definitely get lots of use out of whether it's for light reading, when you're stuck, or for being a completionist!
The guide begins by explaining all the basics and the game system. Even Dark Souls veterans might want to start here as there are a few major changes from the first game. While combat hasn't changed much it is worth reading about things such as the Human Effigy system and how dying works in this one. Beyond that all the basics are still there. If there's more that you want to learn about combat, you can find it here. But the most useful stuff is all the preliminary things. The guide not only fully details combat and everything there is to know about it, but it also talks about all the stats and attributes. It also gives a run down of all the classes and how to best develop them. More than that, it even helps you get started by suggesting a gift for veterans (or non veterans) to take. If you are confused about anything in Dark Souls II you should most definitely start with the game basics section of this guide. Without it you'll be lost. It also gives you basic tips about exploring.Read more ›
This guide literally covers everything about the game. From starting off it goes over your hud and what everything means and does, all the buttons, leveling up, what bonfires are and do, all the different stats from vigor, endurance, strength and all that. It gives you tips and strategies for fighting bosses, enemies, and it goes step by step throughout the game telling you which paths to take and what to expect while taking them.
In the map section it goes over every area telling you where to find all the items and enemies (which is a little in-accurate for the first sin edition). It goes over quests and how to complete them all. It covers all the items and weapons and where to find them and it gives you strategies of how to use each to their full potential.
With the bosses it tells you all about their attacks and how to avoid them It gives you their weaknesses and everything you could want to know so you can beat them. With all the other monsters it also tells you tips to beat them, the blood echoes and items they drop, weakness, and such.Read more ›
1. The maps are drawn with several floors, as they should be, as the areas in Dark Souls are as deep as they are sprawling. But it would have been much easier to follow had they labeled where one set of stairs or a ladder connected to the next floor. This could easily be done by using a letter, number or some common symbol on both maps.
2. While the description of the enemies is good, noting what type of damage they are vulnerable to would be useful.
3. It shows if items have special effects, but doesn't always state by how much. For example, if a helmet increases the item discovery rate, knowing by how much, so it can be compared with other equipment with similar effects would be helpful.
4. The boss souls can be traded for specific items, but all the book says is under the item effect is "Acquire XXXX Souls or trade for item." The name of the items traded for would be helpful.
5. After reading through the book, I still don't know what the agility stat does. It just says that it improves your estus drinking speed and
6. The pages smudge very easily.
7. Lastly, and most importantly, the book has LOTS of misspellings and other typos that really should have been caught and fixed before publication. In the equipment descriptions, there are some pieces of equipment that describe one piece and show the stats and pictures for another.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The book was in great shape for being used. It was exactly what I was hoping for. A strategy guide that shows you what to do rather then just a bunch of random tips and facts about... Read morePublished 5 days ago by Amazon Customer
I went from a death per level of at 5 without a guide for dark souls 1 and I'm about a third done with 2 and the same ratio is less than 1. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Sean M. Flynn
Outside hard cover gets oily, dirty and stays that way from the fingerprintsto easily. In no way shape or form should any guide let alone a hard cover have that problem. Read morePublished 1 month ago by semtex on ur 6
Great follow up to Dark Souls one guide. This is a must have for a very difficult game. Arrived in perfect condition.Published 1 month ago by maxwell