Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $6.99 shipping
+ $3.98 shipping
Dark Souls II (Black Armor Edition) - Xbox 360 Black Armor Edition
- Dark souls II is the highly anticipated sequel to the punishing 2011 hit dark souls (9.5/10 game spot, 9.0/10 in). The unique old-school action rag experience captivated imaginations of gamers with incredible challenge and intense emotional reward.
- Prepare to die again: engage in intense gameplay powered by an all-new engine; all new graphics, sound and fix. Fluid mo-cap animations, expanded suite of characters, deeper customization, new weapons, armor abilities, balanced player progression system.
- A labyrinth of monsters and bosses: mind-bending environments filled with new twisted monsters and deadly bosses. A wide range of threats will prey on human senses and phobias. Auditory hallucinations, vertigo, acrophobia etc.
- Evolved multiplayer: updated multiplayer system enables improved online interaction to bring forward cooperative and competitive play
- Pre-order bonus - free black armor edition upgrade: pre-order now and receive the black armor edition. Includes collectible metal case featuring exclusive art of the warrior knight, dark souls II game and original game soundtrack - while supplies last.
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Developed by From Software, Dark Souls II is the highly anticipated sequel to the punishing 2011 breakout hit Dark Souls (9.5/10 GameSpot, 9.0/10 IGN). The unique old-school action RPG experience captivated imaginations of gamers worldwide with incredible challenge and intense emotional reward. Dark Souls II brings the franchise’s renowned difficulty & gripping gameplay innovations to both single and multiplayer experiences.
Key Game Features
- Prepare to Die…Again: Dare yourself to engage against intense gameplay in a vast world powered by an all new engine that leaps graphics, sound & FX forward like never before
- A Labyrinth of Monsters & Bosses: Immerse yourself into mind-blowing environments filled with new twisted monsters and deadly bosses that could only come from the imagination of From Software
- Sensory Assault: A wide range of threats will prey on human senses & phobias – auditory hallucinations, vertigo, acrophobia, etc
- Deeper and Darker: More intricate customization options provide weapons and armor tailoring to player style
- Evolved Multiplayer: Updated multiplayer system enables improved online interaction to bring forward cooperative & competitive play
- Go Beyond Death: Dark Souls II features fluid motion-capture animations, upgraded combat system, a vastly expanded suite of characters, deeper customization options, new weapons, armor abilities, and balanced player progression system
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Yeahs: a vast new world beautifully crafted and set with rich sounds; the little bit I've seen has shown an excellent feel for capturing gloomy caves, intricate stonework, and a beach bathed in a golden setting sun, and the water effects are more realistic than DS1; the menu is tweaked to appear more colorful, and FROM adds a new character trait for leveling; there is a much more detailed character appearance creation process; combat is more fluid and there are more enemies coming at you at once, which ratchets up the frustration-reward factor notably
Nays: definitely hating the reduction in overall hit points once my character dies; this is exactly like being cursed in DS1; I'm assuming later in the game that this will be undone by some action by me or an NPC; the lock-on feature can still be a bit too eager to please by jumping back and forth among enemies without your wanting it to, which can throw off your attacks and/or cause you to fall off a high place if the enemy below is locked on
Not a game for the impatient, this is the soul you're looking for.
If you did like Dark Souls, then prepare to die.
The "black metal weapons & armor pack" you have to download with an XBL code, so you can choose not to use them if you want.
The major changes to the formula are:
-Enemies now respawn only a fixed number of times
-There is not an infinite number of most items available
-You have consumable items that you allow you to heal and restore spell uses. (besides estus flask)
The environments are much more numerous, but most of the areas are a lot shorter than DS1.
However, some of the bosses felt a little too easy. I'm not sure if this was for pacing purposes, or if I was over-leveled though.
I liked that most merchants would wind up in Majula, so you didn't have to go on some crazy trek to get to them. (undead blacksmith anyone?)
Bonfire warping is available right from the start, which is very nice.
The UI is overhauled, however, for some reason (as of current patch), you still can't compare armor stats against the armor you are currently wearing when browsing a merchant's wares. (though you can do it in the menu) Why they didn't have the insight to change this is beyond me.
Gameplay wise, in the short term, it's pretty much the same as DS1. In the long term, it's slightly different due to some of the mechanics changes I mentioned earlier.
Overall, if you liked DS1, you'll like this one.
Dark Souls II is stunning. The story is just as driving as the story line for Demon Souls and Dark Souls; always revealing just enough to satiate curiosity but not enough to give away the ending. The play style is simple enough, but I will say that Demon Souls is the game that made me switch to being an inverted player. Seriously, I had played Xbox 360 for YEARS with the non-inverted controller settings, but along comes Demon Souls on the PS3 and for some reason the game controls were easy for me when inverted. Ever since then I can't play any game without the controller being inverted.
My advice is as follows: Most of all, don't give up! It will be extremely frustrating at times, but all of us have been there! Use your Human Effigies sparingly in the beginning, but don't be afraid to summon help early on or even throw down your own soul sign in an area you just began so that you can be summoned to another world and find out what is ahead for you in your world. Find a free online guide to use and follow the advice it gives! Don't kill NPC's! If you do then next thing you know, you will be invaded all the time by red phantoms and trust me, they will ruin your day. Finally, those orange-ish/yellow-ish soul signs are for the Heirs of the Sun, and they are there to help people just like you! If all else fails, and you really need help, then add me on Xbox Live and shoot me a message. My gt is Fattyeggroll.
Happy gaming! And praise the sun!
Top reviews from other countries
I got the 1 day shipping and it arrived on the date listed, even going though snow weather! Only issue I had with shipping was the disc was loose in case and got a scratch.
Overall, not for the faint of heart, worth the failures, case is beautiful.