About the Product
- Prepare to die Again: Dare yourself to engage against intense gameplay in a vast world powered by an all new engine that leaps graphics, sound & FX forward like never before
- A labyrinth of monsters & bosses: Immerse yourself into mind-bending environments filled with new twisted monsters and deadly bosses that could only come from the imagination of From Software
- Sensory assault: A wide range of threats will prey on human senses & phobias - auditory hallucinations, vertigo, acrophobia, etc.
- Deeper and darker: More intricate customization options provide weapons and armor tailoring to player style
- Evolved multiplayer: Updated multiplayer system enables improved online interaction to bring forward cooperative and competitive play
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Developed by From Software, Dark Souls II is the highly anticipated sequel to the punishing 2011 breakout hit Dark Souls (9.5/10 GameSpot, 9.0/10 IGN). The unique old-school action RPG experience captivated imaginations of gamers worldwide with incredible challenge and intense emotional reward. Dark Souls II brings the franchise’s renowned difficulty & gripping gameplay innovations to both single and multiplayer experiences.
Key Game Features
- Prepare to Die…Again: Dare yourself to engage against intense gameplay in a vast world powered by an all new engine that leaps graphics, sound & FX forward like never before
- A Labyrinth of Monsters & Bosses: Immerse yourself into mind-blowing environments filled with new twisted monsters and deadly bosses that could only come from the imagination of From Software
- Sensory Assault: A wide range of threats will prey on human senses & phobias – auditory hallucinations, vertigo, acrophobia, etc
- Deeper and Darker: More intricate customization options provide weapons and armor tailoring to player style
- Evolved Multiplayer: Updated multiplayer system enables improved online interaction to bring forward cooperative & competitive play
- Go Beyond Death: Dark Souls II features fluid motion-capture animations, upgraded combat system, a vastly expanded suite of characters, deeper customization options, new weapons, armor abilities, and balanced player progression system
Top Customer Reviews
GAME SO FAR
To say that I'm impressed it would be an understatement. This third Souls title was not dumbed down or simplified in any significant way it seems. My first few hours were as good an experience as my first few hours of the first Dark Souls. Play is challenging and interesting in ways that got us to love Demon's Souls and Dark Souls in the first place. It's so... Dark Souls to experience the relief and joy of finally mastering the moves and tactics to beat your first significant enemy only... to see yourself confronted by THREE of them around the next corner. In a few words, I love it.
Getting a little into details and still under first impressions, the game plays in many ways like its predecessors. Most controls will get your toon to do what you'd expect it but there are changes, some subtle, some more obvious. So, here's what I've noticed so far:
- Improved graphics: it's the first thing I noticed. Everything looks sharper, the color palette is a lot richer and...Read more ›
This game is somewhat more difficult than its predecessors. This will be immediately apparent in the very first stage. To give you an idea; in the original Dark Souls, I beat the tutorial and first stage while dying once. In Dark Souls II, I played for 3 hours and died 10 times before seeing the first boss. This game was designed for veteran souls players in mind... for anyone new to the series, I would not jump in without having played Dark Souls first.
There are now multiple bosses per level. I find this change both compelling and refreshing. This allows for increased multiplayer and PVP opportunities as you can summon and invade even after one or two bosses are defeated.
This game is designed much better to be played as a community. You should NOT do much of anything by yourself in Dark Souls II unless you consider yourself among the elite of the hardcore. Either summon, or be summoned, and you will obtain frequent success.
The game world is very large and varied.Read more ›
Dark Souls 2 is a nice mix of both Demon's Souls and the first Dark Souls. The open world format, bonfires, and estes flasks make a return to this game from Dark Souls, while the healing options, leveling up and dying is a throw-back to Demon's Souls. Another thing that hasn't changed from either of the previous games is the brutal difficulty and I must say, this sequel takes that difficulty and runs full out with it.
Yes, this game is HARD, but that is expected with any Souls game. DS2 has made things more difficult by lumping more enemies together. So instead of fighting 1 or 2 enemies at a time, you are typically fighting 3 or 4 enemies. This can make things really challenging. The game also hides enemy ambushes around every corner so you learn really quick to take corners carefully or with a shield thrown up for any surprise attacks. However, if you don't have any stamina to withstand an attack to your shield you are stunned for a few seconds, which can mean a quick death. The game also seems slower to react between attacking and then trying to roll away. My O button is taking a pounding with me trying to quickly get away from an incoming attack. One of the big changes from either of the previous games is enemies stop re-spawning after a time. This can make the game easier if you were having a hard time in an area previously, but can be annoying if you are wishing to farm an area.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Another great installment into the series! Cool bosses and great story!!Published 4 days ago by Amazon Customer
As far as the order went it was fantastic. I just got lucky I suppose but it got to me in like 2 days maybe 3 max, and I didn't order it expedited. Read morePublished 7 days ago by Enoch C.
Well worth $20. Lots of strategy and problem solving. Found my heart racing during some of the Boss fights. I tried several builds for fun. Definitely some frustrating moments. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
The difficulty crushes my fragile soul, but then I just run and pick it up again :pPublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
One of the most challenging and rewarding games I have ever experienced. I will always recall this as one of my favorite games ever.Published 4 months ago by D. Pinkston