- File Size: 2185 KB
- Print Length: 392 pages
- Publisher: BrokenSeed Books; 1 edition (May 5, 2016)
- Publication Date: May 5, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01F9GXZ1U
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #560,556 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$12.99|
Save $10.00 (77%)
Darkened Hope (The Hidden Dagger Book 2) Kindle Edition
|Length: 392 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
- Similar books to Darkened Hope (The Hidden Dagger Book 2)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
There was a lot of introspection but actions didn’t always correlate so I found Alya and Kael frustrating to understand. They’d decide one thing and then do something else and then change their minds just as quickly. But it was two steps forward, one step back so I was happy that things progressed at least. And I was much happier with the romance this time around – there may have been a happy squee or two. 😉
My personal opinion is there is a great story here but I still feel it would only improve with a bit more refining. I am really looking forward to reading the last one when it comes out.
I've read it three times. And loved it every time. It's even better than the first book -- Secrets Kept -- and I'm already prepared to read it again! It had all the right amounts of adventure, mystery, traveling, romance, and dragons. DRAGONS! *swoon*
That's all for now. Go. Obey me.
The characters are flawed, broken, and courageous. Their foes are unrelenting. Occasionally, the violence of the fight scenes rose above my comfort level, and I would have to skim. But that is my only criticism, very much a personal preference. The author doesn't hold back either. No one is safe. The romance is star-crossed. But through all of the hardships, there is a hopeful thread that keeps the reader turning pages.
Mbewe writes in classic fantasy style. The world building is great, the distinctions between the races are clearly drawn, and there are many cultural and political conflicts the characters must overcome. Recommended for readers who enjoy Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, and/or Paolini.
I was given an advanced copy of this story for an honest review, but I would have wanted to read this book any way, it's that good!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Coming of Age
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Epic
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Sword & Sorcery
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Coming of Age
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Sword & Sorcery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Coming of Age
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Epic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Sword & Sorcery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Coming of Age
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Sword & Sorcery