Add to your order
from Asurion, LLC $44.99
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Drops, spills and cracked screens due to normal use covered from day one. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
Darkglass Electronics Darkglass Alpha Omega Bass Pre-Amp and Overdrive (AO)
Enhance your purchase
- Blend: mixes the clean and processed Signals. The clean signal remains at unity gain while the volume of the overdriven signal is set by the level knob, allowing for fine mix tuning.
- Mod: Selects or mixes between the two distinct distortion circuits: Alpha is punchy, tight with a lot of definition, whereas Omega is simply brutal and raw.
- Bite: boosts high midst (2.8Khz) for additional presence and definition.
- Growl: Shelving Bass Boost for a fatter tone and increased low end saturation.
- Direct Output: A balanced version of the ¼” output, useful for running into PA’s or studio mixing consoles.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
Darkglass Microtubes B7K V2 Bass Preamp Pedal
Darkglass Electronics Alpha Omega Ultra Bass Preamp Pedal
Tech 21 SansAmp Bass Driver DI Effects Pedal
Darkglass Microtubes X7 Bass Preamp Pedal
Darkglass Microtubes X Bass Preamp Pedal
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Sold By||The Midi Store||GearTree||The Midi Store||Briskdrop||GearTree||Chicago Music Exchange|
|Item Dimensions||4.7 x 4.2 x 2 inches||6 x 7 x 10 inches||8 x 8 x 10 inches||1.97 x 4.72 x 3.74 inches||6 x 7 x 10 inches||10 x 7 x 6 inches|
Besides being an amazing composer, producer and bassist, Jon Stockman is amazing at crafting some of the most devastating bass tones in the world. We got together in our then Helsinki headquarters 18 months ago and after endless tweaking and tens of prototypes we are finally ready to announce our first co-designed creation: Alpha Omega. This creation differs greatly from our previous preamplifiers and overdrives: it is fully operational amplifier based and has two distinct distortion circuits (Alpha and Omega) which can be selected or blended using our Mod knob. This unusual control, in conjunction with the toggle switches and 3 active band equalizer makes Alpha Omega the most flexible among our designs.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I don't want repeat what others said already, but I will echo its the best sounding distortion and outperforms every pedal I have and had period!
I'm fastidious with my tone. I have my clean sound I stick too but never really found a distortion tone (whether it was Tech21 or a multi effect pedal that simulates popular distortion pedals) that I could dial into and say, Yeah this is it! I bought the Aftershock pedal next and felt it would help me get that dirt tone I was looking for with all its options and software patches. It came close. IMO reading reviews carries more weight than watching video demos on pedals that are polished and made to look and sound great. Who would buy a pedal if it didn't sound good in a video? Darkglass is not cheap, alot of dudes don't even bother looking into it because of the price, as I did. But when I followed up on the Alpha/Omega, read the reviews, listen to demos and than plugged into one. Holy Shi-ola, I found that tone and it sounded pretty dam close to the video demo. Tech21 and the Aftershock are decent pedals. But If your want that tight, powerful, pro distorted tone that sounds real (not synthetic or noisy) with out sacrificing the bottom end, that sits in the pocket better, and makes you feel good playing? It maybe in the $300 dollar range and this IMO is it.. And worth every penny.
By matt on September 11, 2019
Dear manufacturer, charge an extra $10 and include a damn adapter. I hate when manufacturers sell me a chore to do.
UPDATE: Since this box doesn't come with a power source, I purchased a Voodoo 4X4 to power it. Now that I can hear the capabilities of the Alpha and Omega, I'm impressed. The tone is highly configurable, and lets me easily tweak my sound in all kinds of subtle ways. The growl, bite, and drive all sound good an both minimum and maximum levels and the pedal feels sturdy and should last a long time. While I am pleased overall with the quality and capabilities of this pedal, I'm still taking off a star for the missing power supply. When I purchase something, I expect the product to have everything it needs to work, especially when it is in this price range.