We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Made from coated steel
- Easy to clean
- Easy to store
This compost aerator is a perfect tool to help speed up and improve your composting.
By aerating your compost regularly it will help to increase the rate of decay and improve the quality of the finished compost. The aerator itself features a T handle for ease of use and features a set of folding 'arms' that fold in when inserted into the soil/compost and pull out as the aerator is lifted out.
Length: 78cm (30.7inches) Weight 0.961kg
How do I use it?
- Push the aerator into the compost pile. During so, the tines fold back to make it easier to push the aerator in
- When pulled back, the tines open to grab the compost
- Lift the compost allowing air to circulate into the bottom of the pile
- The aerator avoids mixing the bottom pile with the top
Why bother aerating compost?
Compost is created by bacteria in a natural rotting process. At the bottom of the pile the air is quickly consumed by the bacteria which slows the rotting process down. Thus, by aerating the compost pile the rotting process is accelerated, giving better quality compost.
Why a Compost Aerator when I already have a garden fork?
- When using a traditional garden fork, gardeners tend to mix the new and fresh material with the old and good quality rotted compost from the bottom of the heap
- The rotted compost becomes contaminated by the new making the process of decomposition longer and you will have to wait longer before you can use any of the compost material
- Therefore by using an aerator, you can stir the bottom of the pile without mixing the new material from the top