Darn Tough Vermont Men's 1/4 Merino Wool Cushion Hiking Socks
|Price:||$11.87 - $64.14|
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options|
- 61% Merino Wool/37% Nylon/2% Lycra Spandex
- Made in US
- Constructed from fine guage Merino wool which is naturally antimicrobial and antibacterial
- Legendary performance fit with solid cushioning along the bottom of the foot offers comfort without the bulk
- Still made in Vermont, USA
- Still unconditionally guaranteed for life
- True Seamless construction provides a smooth performance fit; no slipping, no bunching, and no blisters
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Made in Vermont - We live and work in Vermont. Our backyard is the perfect testing ground to make the finest Premium All Weather Performance Socks. We ski, snowboard, hike, bike and run in the most unforgiving climate in the lower 48. It is under these conditions that we design, test and manufacture our socks.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Let me tell you why (and nobody is infuliencing my opinion here).
1. They keep my sweaty feet warm/cool: I live in Orlando. I go to the gym. I walk around outside. My feet get hot and sweaty every day. BUT NOT WITH THESE SOCKS! With these socks they are "warm" but there are no "hot spots."
2. Wool, at least the wool in these socks, naturally repels odor and moisture. The end result that my sweaty socks can lay out and dry and are fresh and good to go for a 2nd day without washing. NEVER IN MY LIFE have I EVER worn a pair of socks the next day because they "still smelled fresh" after wearing them ALL DAY and THEN going to the gym too. I mean, SERIOUSLY?
3. When I pull my feet out of the sock, they are never "sweaty" or "sticky." Maybe a tad damp, but for the most part they are evenly dry across the board.
4. These socks are soft as anything I've ever worn. Not itchy at all. I kinda like them better than slippers.
5. They are guaranteed for life. Now, I've researched this. I read online that a guy hiked 700 miles with the same pair of socks before he had to get them replaced... and he had with no problem getting new ones. He sent back the old pair and got a new one... I doubt I'll hike that much, but it's good to read about an easy warranty like that. And that was one of many reviews that convinced me.
If you read though the posts here about the people who've tried these socks, you'll find that they are so well liked and received that people often replace all of their socks with these. I'm doing this now. I've already invested over 100 dollars in socks because all my old socks feel like utter paper bags on my feet. And besides, my feet are worth taking care of... I'm going to be using them all of my life! I now have several pairs for work and play and I'm happy to have found something that really makes my feet feel good.
I have since updated my rating from 4 stars to 5, after using these socks daily for about a month. I can confirm that after being washed several times, they become much softer, which was the one thing that I wasn’t crazy about on my first wear. I also put on some of my older socks after not wearing them for several weeks, and that’s when it hit me how nice these actually are in comparison. My feet were cold, and the material felt scratchy while wearing my old socks that I thought I enjoyed so much. During the holidays I left the state and realized I had forgotten to pack more than one pair of socks, and even after wearing the same pair for several days there was no smell at all. I was blown away because while I don’t have smelly feet, most socks don’t smell great after several days of being cooped up in a shoe, but it didn’t seem to be a problem with these.
Note that I don’t use these for hiking or anything crazy; just regular daily use.
I was getting tired of poor-quality socks, and decided to give these a try due to the warranty and the rave reviews. So many people seem to be buying these for hiking and stuff, but honestly I'm just an average guy that was looking for a comfortable sock to wear on a daily basis.
These socks fit nice and snug, but aren't nearly as stretchy as the mostly nylon and spandex socks (sport) I've used in the past. They also aren't nearly as soft as most merino wool socks I've tried, which I'm guessing is so they would be more durable over time. One thing I noticed right away is that you can wear these socks for days without washing them and there is zero smell or real signs of wear.
I live in a place where it snows in the winter, so these were purchased after I bought the much thinner no-show running socks, which are not great socks for cold climates. These are thicker and warmer than the other ones.
Overall, a great sock. I purchased five pairs, and intend to see how long they last with heavy use.
Would I say these would last a lifetime? I really doubt it. I do think they will outlast my other socks by a significant margin though. I think they are nice enough to merit a premium over most other socks on the market. I will come back and update this review and see just how long these socks can last...