Random House LLC
Price set by seller.
Darth Bane: Star Wars Legends 3-Book Bundle: Path of Destruction, Rule of Two, Dynasty of Evil (Star Wars: Darth Bane Trilogy - Legends) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Mass Market Paperback
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
- ASIN : B009MYAQQS
- Publisher : Del Rey (November 5, 2012)
- Publication date : November 5, 2012
- Language : English
- File size : 6161 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 1063 pages
- Lending : Not Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #107,479 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) Sith are cool
2) Bane and his apprentice are awesome
3) The foundation and thinking for the Sith established is the only one that makes sense
4) You end up respecting the heck out of all the Sith lords afterwards and have a deeper sense of Sidious and the thinking and rationale of his lineage as a result - Sidious is the culmination of Bane's vision!
5) It deepens and complicates the mythology of the force in ways that Jedi focused novels never can
6) You get to see the seedier side of the Universe the Jedi live in: The Jedi live in a kind of bubble, and by reading Jedi focused novels, you only see this universe through the Jedi bubble. These novels give you an insight into the seedier, darker side of this universe and take you out of the Jedi bubble. Money, wealth, power, prestige doesn't matter to the Jedi, and so there is always an idealized veneer through which this space-travelling culture is seen in most novels. The Bane series shows you the universe and the motivations that move and drive the 'other people' in this galaxy - and quite honestly, provides a more complex and interesting picture of this galaxy and the people who live in it.
I've read all of the new Canon and have only found a few I truly enjoyed. There is no in-between these days. Either the book is fantastic, or it's really bad. After reading Battlefront 2, I've decided to go back and re-read my older Star Wars books again.
The Darth Bane series is a great set. It's been a few years since I've read it, but still as good as the first time I did. The author did a phenomenal job writing Darth Bane's character and gives an inside look to as why the Sith were always doomed to fail against the Jedi. Hence leading the way to the Rule of Two. A master; one to embody the power. And an apprentice; one to crave it.
what's the best?
All 3 books are amazing, none of them disappoints, and the story builds up just perfect through all of them.
What's the worst?
(Corny and perhaps cheaty) the trilogy ends! I mean i had such an amazing ride with these books that I am honestly a bit sad that i reached the end.
Anyway, i definitely recommend these books and i totally think Disney should consider them canon. Thanks to the author Drew for his amazing writing!
There's a clear reason that the books are NY Times bestsellers. There is an ample amount of imagery and description for a set of characters and worlds, but also leaves enough room for your own mind to fill in the blanks and assume certain things based on the things you've seen from Star Wars in the past. In my opinion a perfect balance between letting you imagine the story, but also giving you enough information that you see the story unfold right before your eyes.
Now whats really great is that you get all 3 in one package, which means you don't need to hunt the rest down, and they all flow right after one another. If you're looking for a way to kill time till episode 8, or about to hop on a long flight, I say download all three, and even if you read a few pages a night, you will enjoy the experience of experiencing the world of Star Wars through a different channel.