Truck Reviews HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on November 22, 2013
daryl hall and john oates must have practiced very hard for this live by request a&e show because it shows!! I have to say that this flawless, soulful performance is one of the best if not the best that I have ever seen from them. I love the songs that they selected at the viewer's request. this little slice of heaven makes it hard for anyone to imagine that this concert is just a dent in their full repertoire of songs. the duo truly live up to their reputation as the best duo in music history with this dvd/cd. as for technicality concerns, i played this dvd/cd on my computer and had absolutely no problems viewing it. when i tried to view it on my blue tooth dvd player it did not work. you just have to make sure that it is on the correct country setting in order for it to be viewable and you will be fine. I urge you to purchase and enjoy!
2 people found this helpful
on April 29, 2016
My friends and I spent last weekend comparing our Hall & Oates concert DVDs, and, for sound and video quality, track list, excitement, energy and atmosphere, this one is the best. Plus, it comes with a bonus audio CD suitable for playing in your car. If you're trying to pick just one, this is definitely it.
2 people found this helpful
on March 22, 2018
Good audio and video
on April 9, 2018
Loved this!
on September 1, 2017
Wow Now for 40 years a must have!
on January 11, 2007
This is a great dvd and comes complete with a cd of the concert. The cd does not include the bonus performances which are on the dvd. The dvd has very good sound and vision quality and the cd sounds great as well.

I was lucky enough to see Hall & Oates in concert in Australia in the 80's and judging by this concert they are still as good as ever. The dvd extras reveal that the concert song list was chosen by phone calls from fans on the night.

Daryl Hall is the main performer on the dvd as John Oates seems to have stepped back from the spotlight on this concert. Some of John's songs performed by himself would have added to what is certainly a great performance.
on September 19, 2009
If you love Hall & Oats, you will love this concert. I remember watching it on A&E in 2003 and was thrilled to be able to own it on DVD. Saw them live in 2003 too. They are great performers. Their songs never get old, they switch them up a bit which is great. My favorite songs are Rich Girl, One on One and Life's Too Short. I liked the interview too. [....] for some great "shows" performed at Daryl's house. This DVD comes with bonus tracks and a CD. Best concert I own!
on September 10, 2006
This is the A&E Live by Request I wasn't able to watch when it was aired on A&E...pretty good stuff, but I've been a fan for a long time so perhaps I am less objective? Daryl was in good voice & the entire band was spontanious-sounding, with great musicians, as can pretty much be expected when talking H&O. I felt there could have been fewer instruments because I like live to mean a much different sound from the album versions, but they did a fairly good job giving the music their own personal touches. I am not sighted, so the DVD was described for me & that usually means my visual concept of a thing is limited, but there were very few close-ups of John & many of Daryl. That has always rather disappointed me. There was not a peep from John in terms of a song he would normally be the front man on...so people who called in or whatever, you disappoint me that you only hear Daryl when you think H&O. John has an incredible voice as well, so I wished I could have heard him do at least one song. Charlie was EXCELLENT, as always, & Jeff was red hot. Time is an issue with these, but all these guys deserve solo time & when you listen you'll understand what I mean. It is energy only partially unleashed, so you will be able to imagine what it is like when they can "Let It Out." I don't regret buying this DVD & will love the extra bonus of a CD which I intend to wear out, as I do with all H&O recordings I own. The interview doesn't say much, but the music is pretty wonderful. If you're looking for more obscure songs, this isn't for you, but the list of hits is nice & you will get a taste of both acoustic lineup & band sound. Vague review, I'm feeling like, but this is my first attempt at writing one. Hope it helps someone in some way.
4 people found this helpful
on October 26, 2005
I had first seen this special while flipping the channels one day and absolutely loved it. I've seen the boys live 2x since this concert and I must say, this gives you a good, solid, true to the experience Hall & Oates concert. I like how the phone call section is seperate from the performance, it makes it feel like a true concert experience. I also love the bonus cd which I play in my car to listen to the great music. If you are a true H&O fan, this disc is definitely for you.
3 people found this helpful
on September 18, 2017
DOES NOT PLAY ON ALL PLAYERS. WITH NO EXPLANATION AS TO WHY.