|Item model number||DKPK5Q0P0GZS0USX|
|Hardware Platform||Laptop, PC, Linux|
|Operating System||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Item Weight||3.41 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||18 x 6 x 1.42 inches|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||18 x 6 x 1.42 inches|
|Color||Soft Tactile - Gamma Zulu RGB led Switch|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Date First Available||August 17, 2018|
Das Keyboard 5Q Soft Tactile RGB Smart Mechanical Keyboard (DKPK5Q0P0GZS0USX)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
|Connectivity Technology||USB, USB 2.0|
|Number of Keys||104|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- ✔ Ultimate keyboard for developers: eliminates interruptions and fully programmable
- ✔ pre-built Q applets: everything from GitHub to trello, asana to CPU, RAM, Gmail, etc.
- ✔ Q software: manage RGB lighting and send important notifications to your keyboard. Actuation distance - 0.06 in (1.5 mm). Total travel distance - 0.14 in (3.5 mm)
- ✔ fastest electronics: 0.4 ms detection: RTO technology for no delay (45x faster than any keyboard)
- ✔ 100M lifecycle switches: Gamma Zulu (Omron) soft Tactile switches with bright RGB+: 16.8M Color.Cable length: 6.56 feet
- ✔ Aluminum top panel & double shot keycaps: black anodized and rugged
- ✔ FULL N-key rollover: with anti-ghosting
Compare with other keyboards
This ItemDas Keyboard 5Q Soft Tactile RGB Smart Mechanical Keyboard (DKPK5Q0P0GZS0USX)
|brand||Das Keyboard||daskeyboard||Matias||Das Keyboard||Das Keyboard||Das Keyboard|
|number of keys||104||104||108||104||-||87|
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Das Keyboard 5Q: Smart RGB Mechanical Keyboard
The Das Keyboard 5Q is the ultimate tool that keeps programmers focused on creating software and operating at the highest level of concentration. No more unwanted interruptions.
Instead of relying on snooze-able, momentary alerts from different devices, Das Keyboard 5Q ambiently track the status of the most important information, in a simple color-coded system.
For example, if your website is down or you have been assigned a new task, or if the software build fails, the Das Keyboard 5Q will change color and let you know.
Q Applets: Ready Made to Maximize Productivity
Q connects to leading applications used by millions of developers. Q applets cover everything from GitHub, to Jira, Asana, Trello, etc. to priority emails from your boss or your Mom. It tells you if your website is down or if an answer is posted on Stack Overflow. Set a reminder to stand up every hour. Open API to develop your own applets and share with the marketplace.
Advanced Gamma Zulu Mechanical Keyboard Switches - 100 Million Actuations
Faster, more accurate typing, much brighter RGB lighting and unsurpassed 100 million key presses. Type at the speed of thought, instinctively moving words directly from your brain to your computer.
- Ultimate keyboard for developers. Eliminates interruptions and fully programmable
- Pre-built Q Applets: Everything from GitHub, to Jira, Asana, Trello to CPU, RAM, I/O, Gmail, etc.
- Fastest electronics - 0.4 ms detection: RTO technology for no delay
- Advanced Mechanical Switches 100 million actuations: Gamma Zulu soft tactile switches
- Controllable super-bright RGB+: 16.8M intense RGB colors
- Aluminum top panel & Double Shot Keycaps: Black anodized and rugged.
- Full N-key Rollover with Anti-Ghosting
- Das German Engineering: Durable build quality to instill confidence and precision
Das Keyboard 5Q Soft Tactile RGB Smart Features
Advanced Mechanical Gamma Zulu Switches, 100 Million Actuations
Faster, more accurate typing, much brighter RGB lighting and unsurpassed 100 million key presses. Type at the speed of thought.
Rugged Aluminum Top Panel & Double Shot Keycaps
Durable Aluminum top panel. Double shot keycaps for maximum contrast lettering with zero fading. Extra-long braided cable.
Super Fast Electronics with RTO Real Time One (0.4ms Detection)
Detects key presses in 0.4 milliseconds and reports it to the computer within 1 millisecond.
Control 2x Brighter RGB+ with 16.8M Colors
Enhanced brightness and modern switch design, the 5Q delivers the super bright and intense RGB color settings.
Dedicated Media Controls
Three rectangular media keys plus a unique volume knob designed for the way you play. Customize all 12 Function keys to quickly and accurately execute complex maneuvers. With dedicated media controls, you can play, pause and mute music and videos instantly right from the keyboard.
Best Ergonomic Silicone Wrist Rest for Comfort and Protection against Injuries
Silicone based detachable wrist rest that magnetically attaches and helps typists rest their wrist comfortably.
Das German Engineering - Durable Build Quality
German engineering stands for precision in all that we do—first class electronics and top quality materials,
Full N-key Rollover Plus Anti-Ghosting
With full n-key rollover (NKRO), it has the ability to scan each button press individually. Every pressed key is registered, even if you press a bunch of keys simultaneously.
|Das Keyboard 5Q Smart RGB||Das Keyboard X50Q Smart RGB||Das Keyboard 4 Professional | Ultimate | root||Das Keyboard 4 Professional for Mac||Das Keyboard Prime 13||Das Keyboard Model S Professional | Professional for Mac|
|Switch Type||Omron Gamma Zulu Soft-Tactile with gold plated double cross-points||Omron Gamma Zulu Soft-Tactile with gold plated double cross-points||Cherry MX Blue (Clicky) or Brown (Soft Tactile) with gold contacts||Cherry MX Blue (Clicky) or Brown (Soft Tactile) with gold contacts||Cherry MX Brown (Soft Tactile) with gold contacts||Cherry MX Blue (Clicky) or Brown (Soft Tactile) with gold contacts|
|Switch Lifespan||100 million||100 million||50 million||50 million||50 million||50 million|
|Keycap Type||Double Shot||ABS Plastic||Professional: Laser-Etched | Ultimate: Blank | root: Laser-Etched||UV Hard Coat-Protected||Laser-Etched||Professional: Laser-Etched | Professional for Mac: Laser-Etched|
|(NKRO) N-Key Rollover||Full n-key rollover||Full n-key rollover||Full n-key rollover||Full n-key rollover||Full n-key rollover||Full n-key rollover (with included PS2 adapter) or 6 keys with USB|
|USB Ports||-||-||Professional | Ultimate: 2-Port USB 3.0 Hub | root: 2-Port USB 2.0 Hub||2-Port USB 3.0 Hub||One USB 2.0 Pass-Through||2-Port USB 2.0 Hub|
|Media Controls||Dedicated Media Controls||Dedicated Media Controls||Dedicated Media Controls||Dedicated Media Controls||Quick Access Media Controls||Quick Access Media Controls (Not available over PS2)|
|Top Panel | Wrist Rest||Black Anodized Aluminum | Detachable Silicone Wrist Rest||Black Anodized Aluminum | Detachable Soft Touch Wrist Rest||Black Anodized Aluminum||Black Anodized Aluminum||Black Anodized Aluminum||Glossy Black|
|Works With||Windows, macOS, Linux||Windows||Windows, Linux, Chrome||macOS||Windows, Linux, Chrome||Windows, Linux, macOS|
|System Requirements||One 2.0 USB Port, Optional 3.0 USB Port for Enhanced Brightness Mode||One 2.0 USB Port, Optional 3.0 USB Port for Enhanced Brightness Mode||One 1.1, 2.0 or 3.0 USB Port||One 1.1, 2.0 or 3.0 USB Port||One USB Port - (optional) Second USB Port for Pass-Through||One USB Port, Optional Second USB Port for Hub|
|Key Backlighting||RGB+ with Q Notifications||RGB+ with Q Notifications||-||-||White LED Backlighting||-|
Compare with similar items
The Das Keyboard 5Q is the ultimate creation tool that keeps programmers focused on creating software and operating at the highest level of concentration. No more unwanted interruptions.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
On the Mac, the application while running is always resident in the dock, instead of only in the upper status bar. Its both places or nothing, which is nothing but lazy programming as its a two line change in the info.plist file to change this.
The final straw was on day 2 the cmd key ceased to be recognized., rebooted, powercycled the keyboard, stopped and started the control software to no avail. Now its going back.
This is unacceptable for a $250 keyboard. This has soured me on Das across the board. Skip the fancy lights and go buy a WASD Code. The build quality is better, and you wont pay extra for features that dont work.
What you need to know :
1. (⭐⭐)The programmability of the RGB totally rocks. You have to run the DAS keyboard app (and leave it running) to set the colors but you can have it automatically switch colors based on the app you're running. Example : I have one lighting scheme for my primary work app and a different color scheme for each game I sometimes play (the most useful keys are brighter than all the others). The lighting changes automatically when these apps have focus. Very cool! However there is no "desktop" color schemed wherein the lighting scheme for the app you were just using switches back once you close/minimize the app back to the desktop.
2. (⭐)The switches are on par with Cherry MX switches although I prefer Cherry Brown, these are more like Cherry Blue.
3. The "App" feature, where you can set up notifications from a select few apps I don't personally use, is useless. I thought I would be able to do more with it and even wrote my own plugin for notifications from apps I use the most ... but then I realized I am already getting notifications for those apps (albeit annoying notifications) in my OS. In other words ... although cool for someone that uses the apps they have included in their configuration for the rest of us it's the reinvention of the wheel.
4. It's large. Since it has 10-key it's about 4 inches larger than I wished it was. Once you center the keyboard for comfortable typing your mouse is going to hit the side of the keyboard about every minute or so. Very annoying. DAS makes a TKL keyboard but it's sold out and doesn't have backlight/rgb.
5 (⭐). It's heavy. Channeling Ron Swanson ... "I don't think you heard me; I said it's HEAVY." I have had laptops that weigh less than this (or seemingly so). But that's not a bad thing since with the weight comes stability and it doesn't move around when typing aggressively (those emails you wish you never sent, gaming, or just being rough). In fact I will say the weight of this keyboard (as with all DAS keyboards) lends itself to a feeling of superior quality. This is a good thing.
6. (⭐) The cord has a nice braided sheath. Very nice.
7. There is no USB port for your mouse, a usb receiver, or anything useful. This is a little confusing because their other keyboards have this. If you require a USB receiver for a wireless mouse, or you don't want to run another wire across your desk for your mouse or other accessory, you are not going to be happy.
Conclusion : A great keyboard missing some common and useful features yet including completely useless features. I am on the notification list for DAS TKL - hope they are available soon.
All of my operating system mapped keyboard shortcuts that are always there by default when I plugin any keyboard anywhere are gone. Why?
A big fail for DAS, don't muck with people's finger memory. Is there a reason why you did this?
Keys not as good as cherry mechanical keys, why? If you are going to put some smarts all around, don't get the keys wrong, especially for glorified data entry operators (software programmers).
I have to go figure out how to enable each and every one of them, or just return the keyboard.
Also here is the key to productivity:
1. Ignoring things
Productivity is not about how many things you pay attention to, and respond to, but about what you ignore.
I find that I am paying attention to more things using this keyboard than I really want to.
If I can ignore some certain things for a while, then I can be productive coding.
I do not want the capability to imagine things I can enable with this keyboard, it takes focus away.
Nothing but bad code can come from anyone using this keyboard. Do not buy this keyboard for your employees, especially the technical ones.
If a programmer cannot focus on the task at hand, then it's going to be bad stinky code with these constant distractions, of now thinking, "oh I can look at my shiny new keyboard, oh look over there, that light is lit, let's click and see whatever it is that I programmed in to pop up" and get distracted off on a side tangent or some click hole.
If you want to take a total big hit on productivity, and get less done, buy this keyboard.
I'm rolling back to my plain, non-rgb 101 mechanical cherry silver/speed keyboard.
This was a dumb idea.