Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 1,476 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,578 reviews
on January 3, 2012
This worked great for running AV to my flat screen wall mounted TV. I liked the 3-gang a little better than a 2 as I was able to open a bigger hole to see what was going on in the wall. I mounted my TV over a direct vent fireplace and this three gang allowed me to make sure I was strapped to a stud and greater than 2 feet in all directions from the fireplace. Overall it worked great. I was able to get my arm in the wall and move around much better than a 2-gang would have let me.

For those that were talking about how to mount this to the wall, I think people don't realize that you should be using a mounting bracket with these. These are intended to go over a 3-gang box or low voltage mounting plate. If you don't have one, I picked up one and it mounted right to the drywall with ease and you don't have to worry about pulling it out. The reason it comes with the "flat screws like a light switch" as one reviewer put it is because it's designed to be installed like a light switch, NOT directly into drywall.

If you need a low voltage mounting bracket: Vanco LV3 PVC Low Voltage Mount Brackets (Triple)

I also uploaded a few pics if you need clarification.

The only downside to be aware of is this does open up a large hole in the wall. Make sure you aren't creating a huge draft situation. I used a little cotton insulation (I would advise against fiberglass since it's exposed) and it stopped the draft. If you're worried, light a match and blow it out right in front of the plate, if the smoke goes straight up, you're good.
review image review image
on February 26, 2009
I bought a pair of these 2 gang plates to hide the cables that would otherwise be visible dropping from my wall mounted TV to the cabinet beneath it. Mount the top plate behind your TV with the opening facing down, and the bottom plate behind your cabinet with the opening facing up.

I was initially wondering if a 1, 2, or 3 gang was the correct size. I'm glad I chose the 2 gang as it comfortably fits 2 HDMI cables, 1 optical cable, 1 analog audio cable, 1 component video cable, and VGA/audio cable. I can drop cables from the top plate and not fuss too much pulling them out the bottom plate.

Don't mistakenly think you could probably squeeze the cables in a 1 gang version. While the combined width of the cables might fit, getting all the connectors through would be near impossible I would think. I measure the widest point of the opening at 2-7/8" for this 2 gang.

7/28/10 Update - Product still performs well.
33 comments| 128 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 28, 2017
This is an excellent solution to running low voltage or structured wiring cables (read Eithernet/CAT5-6, speaker wires, HDMI, or others) behind the walls. Especially nice for wall hung flatscreens and allows you to route wiring behind the drywall. Note that if you are not pretty handy or have experience running wires in walls, you probably want a professional to do that. Other than the wiring itself, these boxes install very easily and quickly while dressing up an ugly cutout in your sheetrock.
on April 16, 2017
I used this to drop the cables down from my tv behind the wall.

I flipped it upside down according to the advertised picture and had no trouble feeding cables through the hole.

The plastic is hard and had no flex even with applying force on it while trying to feed through l larger cables.

I would recommend this for any home DIYer or professional looking to clean up their wires or customers wires.
on August 2, 2013
this thing is very strong thick plastic ..u can force lot of wire through it & it wont break or bent I highly recommend this..the front entrance is somewhat narrow but deep...if u force it into place it wont even bent..nice ..I I bought seven of these & ill be buying more for sure ..deliver was super fast....
review image review image review image
on December 28, 2016
I ordered these and they worked perfectly!! only thing is i didnt know it didnt come with the wall mount plates that were sold separately so to finish up my little project i had to improvise lol but these worked so perfectly for what i needed them to. i used one for the ceiling for my projector and two for the wall with a bunch of coaxial cables and one for my brothers room to run a cat 5 cable that was over 100' long run lol
on February 9, 2015
I am in the middle of building a Theater Room and needed a wall plate to run all my of wires through. Although, I must confess, I was really worried about how much would fit in it. Let me tell you, I have run a CL2 in wall rated subwoofer cable, 7 - 12ga in wall rated speaker wires, a 50' IR extension cable, a CL2 rated coax cable (mediabridge), a 50' CL2 HDMI (mediabridge) and still have room for more. Suffice to say, that this has pretty much all the room you will need for cables.

On a side note this is created to work with low voltage cables (ie - no power cables or electrical outlet cables). As such, you do not run this into a regular blue electrical box (one reviewer was upset with how it did not fit in it). Instead, the directions clearly state you use a single gang low voltage old work box. Carlon makes some which sell for about $1.50 at home improvement stores. Amazon also sells them. Just keep that in mind when you are ordering this.
on February 9, 2017
I needed this to run a 100 ft ethernet cable from my router to my garage for my home based computer lab. I mistakenly bought this thinking I'd just use some drywall anchors and be done with it, but nope! The screw holes are just too close to the edge of the drywall (if you were to cutout an opening where the cable drop opening is). So I had to buy a single gang low voltage mounting bracket (Arlington brand) and it fit perfectly. No complaints here....other than the opposite of what some people have said. I kind of wish the opening was smaller, not larger (for just one or two ethernet cables). The description says this is designed to use with the a bracket, but it should say it's REQUIRED since there's really no other way to mount it to drywall without risking damaging the drywall.
on December 27, 2012
Purchased this item along with the Arlington TVB613BL-1 Recessed TV 4-Gang Outlet Box so that I could hide the cables running up from the back of my entertainment stand & up to an articulating wall mount & behind my TV.

Installed this item down low, behind the entertainment stand, and it was more than able to handle the bundle all of my cables, which were fed up to & separated at the 'Arlington' outlet box installed next to the articulating TV mount. I had chosen the Arlington style box for a 'cleaner' look behind the TV, because I am using an articulating wall mount where the cable exit point could be easily seen when the TV was extended away from the wall, but if your application is for a fixed mount, I would recommend getting two of THESE mounts (one for each end).

All in all, a great little product that makes for a 'clean' looking job.
on May 19, 2011
What can you really say about a cable plate? Apparently enough to warrant a review! This is THE item you need to finish off your wall-mount tv installation. I purchased two of these, one to go behind the tv, and the other at the level of the power outlet below. It's easy as pie.
review image